The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Why does Eminem not rap like how he used to?

Drugs altered his brain chemistry and he is not capable of rapping like he used to
31%
He can still rap like he used to but he chooses not to
69%

Total votes : 29

Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 09:22

The only reason I'm creating this thread is because I saw what was a pretty interesting debate topic in the Full Story of Lose Yourself Thread.

And just so we're clear, this isn't a thread about saying whether or not you want him to rap like he used to. It's a thread about why he doesn't rap like he used to.

And I am under the belief that some of his post-hiatus work is on par with his 1999-2002 music

I usually hear the 2nd option brought up a lot but recently I've seen more than 1 person entertain the possibility of the 1st option and it got me thinking.
Last edited by shadyblogger on Nov 14th, '14, 09:34, edited 2 times in total.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 14th, '14, 09:26

poverty
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 09:26

DetroitSkills wrote:poverty

How's this poverty? This is a genuine debate...
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 14th, '14, 09:29

its obvious he can rap however he wants to, he has never rapped the same way twice, and he made sure of it because he likes to sound different every album
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 09:32

DetroitSkills wrote:its obvious he can rap however he wants to, he has never rapped the same way twice, and he made sure of it because he likes to sound different every album

I do agree but I feel like there may be some minor things that have changed. Like for one, his normal voice is lower now than it once was. But that's only one aspect of his rapping.
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mathers » Nov 14th, '14, 09:37

Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby slimmatters » Nov 14th, '14, 11:02

prolly as someone said in that lose yourself thread... He fucking had a complete and permanent blackout during that overdose escape..
Bitch take 3 biscuits, one for you, one mine
and now bend over to take the 3rd from behind
I'm fucking misogynistic, I ain't giving a f**k to you tonight
slimmatters
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby kkaniff » Nov 14th, '14, 11:13

I don't (hear?) see the difference.
the fresh David Koresh
#KanyeLost
#GrandeGang
Stuck out like a sore thumb, so I gave them the finger
There is only one God, the Crippled Godd
All I have in this world is a pistol and a promise, a fist full of dollars, a list full of problems...
kkaniff
Soldier
Soldier

Postby coolstoryman » Nov 14th, '14, 12:24

MMLP2 showed he can rap the way he did back in his prime years, but chooses not too because he's matured and decided to take a different path. Oh, and the fact that he is 40+ years old

If this was 2010 it's because of the drugs, but now? He just chooses not too
coolstoryman

Postby EminemBase » Nov 14th, '14, 12:34

Cause he's looking way thinner. :8)

On a seriuz note... you retarded son?

What do you mean? Do you mean he doesn't rap as good as he used to or literally that you just prefer that style and wish that he would rap in a more conversational and deliberate style vs. trickier and quicker?

If you mean he doesn't rap as good or if anybody ever means that... you have to be out of your mind.

"Baby"... "Rhyme or Reason"... "Groundhog Day"... This is some of the most brilliant rapping I have ever heard from him. His styles are superb, the delivery is next-to-perfect (in terms of being crisp and clear and also very emotive and expressive) and the way in which he expresses and batches the flows is very creative and original.

Regardless of content, since his return he's been amping up and experimenting with his flow and style game to the nth degree. I fucking love it. I have SSLP... I have MMLP... I have TES... I don't want another one of any of them, I already have them and they're always there if I wanna listen to them.

I want new shit, all the time. New shit is fun, new shit is creative. Pushing yourself as an artist is fun, creative and the thing to do. We would never have genius like "Stay Wide Awake", "Almost Famous" or "Rap God" if he simply just chose to rap like he used to - and his flows on those... are the greatest eargasms he's ever produced for me, especially RG with the ENOUGH RHYMES / TOUGH TIMES - matching the cadence and switching so seamlessly and shit. It's fucking beautiful and addictive as hell. SHIT, Back on my Base shit son.
Last edited by EminemBase on Nov 14th, '14, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Raul » Nov 14th, '14, 12:49

DetroitSkills wrote:its obvious he can rap however he wants to, he has never rapped the same way twice, and he made sure of it because he likes to sound different every album

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Dorian » Nov 14th, '14, 12:49

EminemBase wrote:Cause he's looking way thinner. :8)

What do you mean? Do you mean he doesn't rap as good as he used to or literally that you just prefer that style and wish that he would rap in a more conversational and deliberate style vs. trickier and quicker?

If you mean he doesn't rap as good or if anybody ever means that... you have to be out of your mind.

"Baby"... "Rhyme or Reason"... "Groundhog Day"... This is some of the most brilliant rapping I have ever heard from him. His styles are superb, the delivery is next-to-perfect (in terms of being crisp and clear and also very emotive and expressive) and the way in which he expresses and batches the flows is very creative and original.

Regardless of content, since his return he's been amping up and experimenting with his flow and style game to the nth degree. I fucking love it. I have SSLP... I have MMLP... I have TES... I don't want another one of any of them, I already have them and they're always there if I wanna listen to them.

I want new shit, all the time. New shit is fun, new shit is creative. Pushing yourself as an artist is fun, creative and the thing to do. We would never have genius like "Stay Wide Awake", "Almost Famous" or "Rap God" if he simply just chose to rap like he used to - and his flows on those... are the greatest eargasms he's ever produced for me, especially RG with the ENOUGH RHYMES / TOUGH TIMES - matching the cadence and switching so seamlessly and shit. It's fucking beautiful and addictive as hell. SHIT, Back on my Base shit son.

:'( so beautiful...
Dorian
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Just Silver » Nov 14th, '14, 12:55

It must be the drugs

I know everyone wants to say it

He's been lacking
Just Silver
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby monobloss » Nov 14th, '14, 13:48

EminemBase wrote:Cause he's looking way thinner. :8)

:b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b: :b:
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbth6oWH6j1rxaxdc.gif
Rollefsen wrote:
monobloss wrote:
Revolutionary wrote:FUCKIN' LEAK ALREADY!!!

It's not leaking bro. Never will. Well it will, on 5th nov.

I'm 100% positive it will leak before that. I'm so positive, that if it doesnt, I will never have Emma Stone in my sig again.
monobloss
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 14th, '14, 14:32

He definitely chooses not to, he's always experimenting and trying new shit, not all to a success but I think thats why he sounds different. He's still Eminem, you can still tell when its him, hes still just as distinct as he ever was, but he always goes for something new on every album.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat