The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Why does Eminem not rap like how he used to?

Drugs altered his brain chemistry and he is not capable of rapping like he used to
31%
He can still rap like he used to but he chooses not to
69%

Total votes : 29

Re: Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Postby csw621 » Nov 14th, '14, 23:19

EminemBase wrote:"Stay Wide Awake", "Almost Famous" or "Rap God"

11/10 playlist in the making
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 14th, '14, 23:37

Music_box wrote:
Jaba wrote:Why would an artist who has been around for 15 + years retreat back to this "old style"? Why would he not continue to experiment/grow? If Eminem never overdosed and still rapped he would rap differently, he would not have stayed with the old SSLP/MMLP style. Each album has a new flow and shit. I fucking HATE Eminem fans that say "Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?" or "I want Eminem to rap like he did when he was younger" because that would mean he never grew or had any creativity and tbh if he did stay the same the on every fucking album, I guarantee he would not be going down as one of the best MC's. Rapping like he does now (differently) is great and makes the new albums special just like how he used to rap makes the older albums special. Why? Because hes not doing the same fucking thing on everything he does. Fuck you for making this thread.

You mean if he never got into drugs?

No. Just if he never OD on them.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 14th, '14, 23:38

The drugs didn't alter his mind that much. His personality is still very much evident. believe me i know what it's like to have your brain chemistry altered by drugs. I had it way worse than Em got it (That not showing off either). There's aspects of my pre drugs personality that i don't think will ever return. I also lost basic knowledge like grammar, punctuation and social skills that i've had relearn. Em seems like his good old self to me. and even most of his critics can't deny that Rap God was an amazing showcase of his talents. The dude can still write good melodic tracks and shit. And to the critics that say there's no substance there anymore, he addressed that in GOF about him running out of shit to write about so he's rewording the same old song. there's only so many life experiences you can write about and he's had a long enough span to exhaust them topics in depth.

To sum up. he doesn't rhyme like he used to because he's a strong believer in growth and change, also his obsessiveness regarding flow and style has been documented by him.

Hope that made sense, i'm tired and rambling, lel.
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Drax207 » Nov 14th, '14, 23:41

Plus I'm sure that if he wanted to rap like back in the days, he could. He just wanna evolve, like it or not.
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 15th, '14, 00:28

Yoda wrote:The drugs didn't alter his mind that much. His personality is still very much evident. believe me i know what it's like to have your brain chemistry altered by drugs. I had it way worse than Em got it (That not showing off either). There's aspects of my pre drugs personality that i don't think will ever return. I also lost basic knowledge like grammar, punctuation and social skills that i've had relearn. Em seems like his good old self to me. and even most of his critics can't deny that Rap God was an amazing showcase of his talents. The dude can still write good melodic tracks and shit. And to the critics that say there's no substance there anymore, he addressed that in GOF about him running out of shit to write about so he's rewording the same old song. there's only so many life experiences you can write about and he's had a long enough span to exhaust them topics in depth.

To sum up. he doesn't rhyme like he used to because he's a strong believer in growth and change, also his obsessiveness regarding flow and style has been documented by him.

Didn't realize you had it that bad man. I'm sorry bro :(
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 15th, '14, 00:49

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Yoda wrote:The drugs didn't alter his mind that much. His personality is still very much evident. believe me i know what it's like to have your brain chemistry altered by drugs. I had it way worse than Em got it (That not showing off either). There's aspects of my pre drugs personality that i don't think will ever return. I also lost basic knowledge like grammar, punctuation and social skills that i've had relearn. Em seems like his good old self to me. and even most of his critics can't deny that Rap God was an amazing showcase of his talents. The dude can still write good melodic tracks and shit. And to the critics that say there's no substance there anymore, he addressed that in GOF about him running out of shit to write about so he's rewording the same old song. there's only so many life experiences you can write about and he's had a long enough span to exhaust them topics in depth.

It's ok bro, i'm improving with everyday. Onwards and upwards fam :y: :)
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby csw621 » Nov 15th, '14, 01:22

Dre told him to scream during the role model session and no one looked back
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 15th, '14, 01:30

Yoda wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:

It's ok bro, i'm improving with everyday. Onwards and upwards fam :y: :)

:worship: Nice avy btw. I remember it from last year ;)
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 15th, '14, 02:00

Josh wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:this fucking thread sucks b, no bullshit

Get out

gross b
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 15th, '14, 02:01

Don't be butthurt bby
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 15th, '14, 02:03

Blogs McGooch wrote:Don't be butthurt bby

M8 ill wrek u like i did cp just now.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Eedee » Nov 15th, '14, 03:06

Em hasn't evolved as an artist. That is a fact. I'd like to call it divine growing
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby EminemInsider » Nov 15th, '14, 03:11

A little of both.

He doesn't remember parts of who he used to be, and he also is at a point where he wants to experiment. He wants to turn on the news and write down a bunch of names he hears and try to rhyme with them so he can rhyme some words he's never rhymed before.

He wants to show the world more double and triple time flows, since only hardcore fans of his have heard his Soul Intent stuff.

He wants the average idiot to finally figure out how complex his rhyme schemes are, hence the em-PHA-sis on some new syl-LAL-i-bles.
Canning: What will it say on your tombstone?
Charlie Sheen: Something dot com.

Canibus & Eminem Converse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWB62t2_wJE
EminemInsider
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 15th, '14, 03:12

^ yeah I was thinking a little of both as well
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Nov 15th, '14, 04:24

Eedee wrote:Em hasn't evolved as an artist. That is a fact. I'd like to call it divine growing

He hasn't evolved as an artist?

So to go from making "Role Model" and "Guilty Conscience" to "The Way I Am" to "Sing for the Moment" to "Mockingbird" to "Stay Wide Awake" to "Not Afraid" to "Headlights"...

Is not evolution?

You kidding me son. Guy rapping "My Name Is" may as well be a different rapper from the guy rapping "Sing for the Moment" - it's a whole other level of awareness and ambition and sound, entirely.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat