The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Why does Eminem not rap like how he used to?

Drugs altered his brain chemistry and he is not capable of rapping like he used to
31%
He can still rap like he used to but he chooses not to
69%

Total votes : 29

Re: Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?

Postby ShadyxEminem » Nov 14th, '14, 14:44

Idk, but his voice gets irritating nowadays. He lyrics are top notch but his flow fucks it up for me. If he had MMLP2 style lyrics with TES flow/sound I'd enjoy his music a lot more than I do now.
#encorefam
ShadyxEminem
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Josh » Nov 14th, '14, 16:04

the 2014 eminem would kill the Em from 99-04 technically.
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Plank » Nov 14th, '14, 16:06

Josh wrote:the 2014 eminem would kill the Em from 99-04 technically.

SFTM though
They're fucking with the wrong people
Image Image
Plank
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Josh » Nov 14th, '14, 16:09

LY >> SFTM
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby csw621 » Nov 14th, '14, 16:11

:b: :y:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Nov 14th, '14, 16:19

True that.

99-04 Em may come out with more clever lines to overpower the technical though.

But saying that - he's clever as fuck again right now.

MMLP2 lyricism is dope as fuck.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Mr Change » Nov 14th, '14, 16:22

As Eminem has said several times, after his overdose and sobering up he had to completely learn how to rap all over again. And thus, his style developed in a different way than it did when he first blew up. Simple as that.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Nov 14th, '14, 17:04

Just Silver wrote:It must be the drugs

I know everyone wants to say it

He's been lacking

Lol If he were on drugs he'd make like you and turn into a loser Neanderthal. That's the last thing anybody on this earth needs.

I already said it in the other thread, he had to reteach himself motor skills, which means he probably had to find rhythm again. According to his family t was natural for him before, but his brain was so fucked up while on drugs he ended up losing it. It could also explain why he moves so differently onstage as well. Nowadays, no matter how energetic he's become, he doesnt really rock to the beat the way he used to. I don't really know how to explain properly but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 14th, '14, 17:05

this fucking thread sucks b, no bullshit
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 14th, '14, 21:52

6PRDMD9 wrote:
Just Silver wrote:It must be the drugs

I know everyone wants to say it

He's been lacking

Lol If he were on drugs he'd make like you and turn into a loser Neanderthal. That's the last thing anybody on this earth needs.

I already said it in the other thread, he had to reteach himself motor skills, which means he probably had to find rhythm again. According to his family t was natural for him before, but his brain was so fucked up while on drugs he ended up losing it. It could also explain why he moves so differently onstage as well. Nowadays, no matter how energetic he's become, he doesnt really rock to the beat the way he used to. I don't really know how to explain properly but I'm sure everyone knows what I mean.

Wasn't quite sure what response I was looking for in this thread but I think this was it :y:

Mr Change wrote:As Eminem has said several times, after his overdose and sobering up he had to completely learn how to rap all over again. And thus, his style developed in a different way than it did when he first blew up. Simple as that.

This I think hits the nail on the head as well

DetroitSkills wrote:this fucking thread sucks b, no bullshit

Get out
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Josh » Nov 14th, '14, 22:59

Blogs McGooch wrote:
DetroitSkills wrote:this fucking thread sucks b, no bullshit

Get out

gross b

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyphantom91 » Nov 14th, '14, 23:09

He was replaced by a clone because the real Eminem was trying to speak out against the Illuminati and they killed him.

On the real though he can still rap like he used to as MMLP2 has shown us that. The lyricism is still there and has arguably evolved but I would say his flow isn't as smooth as it used to be. Don't get me wrong it is still good but the MMLP/TES flows were superb and crisp.
[b]I float like B.I.G.'s spirit in this bitch I'm ghostly
Rush me, cause you aint gonna live to roast me/b]
shadyphantom91
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby FriedSchizoprenic » Nov 14th, '14, 23:11

Right now we can all say Eminem is reaching his second prime. He is doing everything pretty much great. He is not making weak moves like in Recovery or nothing, and it seems he want to make it over all the game... Again.

BUT, and even if it hurts me so much to say it, for me he still no top his prime on MMLP and TES. Don't get me wrong, MMLP2 is a 9.5 album and on technical skills he is on par with his first prime. I could say that on a battle vs his younger him it would finish on a draw.

The problem is, he is giving us a lot of raps where he is delivering a lot of lyricism, but i miss some things from he old him. For example, the social comment. The whole MMLP in general and a great part of TES gives a powerful criticism to the society. Damn, even Encore got something to say about the goverment. I miss a lot of that.

The dark content of MMLP, the emotions on TES, some cartoonish of SSLP... I want him to make some class of atsmophere on his new album.

Compare MMLP vs MMLP2. All the fans on the site say they are uncomparable. And there is a reason for that. MMLP2 is fantastic, but MMLP is perfect. MMLP is a dark social commentary, an expression of horrible emotions, a flow that is just untouchable, a sent of humor incredible that put every pop artist in shame... I dont know, i just feel the lyrics, the flow and the concepts on MMLP and TES are just better, not for so much but yeah.

He can top MMLP and TES? Yeah, damn he can. I trust him. He is learning a lot and there is no artist better than him right now. But is just hard to make me feel again the same amount of emotions that where inside of me when i hear those albums.

On pure technical skills, he can rap like he used to. He just need to clean some things. I know he can.
ImageImageImage

hi bro i have a question do you got a problem like a problem i can resolve what you mean you are going to punch me bro i just want to see aaaah aaaah stop stop is a prank is a praaaaaaaaank
FriedSchizoprenic
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Jaba » Nov 14th, '14, 23:13

Why would an artist who has been around for 15 + years retreat back to this "old style"? Why would he not continue to experiment/grow? If Eminem never overdosed and still rapped he would rap differently, he would not have stayed with the old SSLP/MMLP style. Each album has a new flow and shit. I fucking HATE Eminem fans that say "Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?" or "I want Eminem to rap like he did when he was younger" because that would mean he never grew or had any creativity and tbh if he did stay the same the on every fucking album, I guarantee he would not be going down as one of the best MC's. Rapping like he does now (differently) is great and makes the new albums special just like how he used to rap makes the older albums special. Why? Because hes not doing the same fucking thing on everything he does. Fuck you for making this thread.
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Music_box » Nov 14th, '14, 23:17

Jaba wrote:Why would an artist who has been around for 15 + years retreat back to this "old style"? Why would he not continue to experiment/grow? If Eminem never overdosed and still rapped he would rap differently, he would not have stayed with the old SSLP/MMLP style. Each album has a new flow and shit. I fucking HATE Eminem fans that say "Why does Eminem not rap like he used to?" or "I want Eminem to rap like he did when he was younger" because that would mean he never grew or had any creativity and tbh if he did stay the same the on every fucking album, I guarantee he would not be going down as one of the best MC's. Rapping like he does now (differently) is great and makes the new albums special just like how he used to rap makes the older albums special. Why? Because hes not doing the same fucking thing on everything he does. Fuck you for making this thread.

You mean if he never got into drugs?
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat