The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

King Mathers vs Relapse 2

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Which one would you listen to

King Mathers
28%
Relapse 2
72%

Total votes : 43

Re: King Mathers vs Relapse 2

Postby Drax207 » Nov 17th, '14, 22:53

StayWideAwake wrote:During the Recovery era I wanted Relapse 2 so damn bad. I kept thinking about how he'll probably never go back to that style and it was bumming me out. At this point hearing Relapse 2 would be cool, but he's just been so on fire recently that all I care about is new material.

Well I guess that all this material from the vault won't see the light of day before Em's death, and all that post-mortem shit, 2pac and Biggie like. But even as starving for unreleased songs that I am, I want him to stay alive as long as possible. That may sound super Stannish, but I couldn't picture the world without him right now.

Oh well, maybe when he will retire for good. We won't have to expect new material anymore, but old one. But like you said, considering how good he is atm, let's hope it's not before a looooong time.

Aone10 wrote:I have my own personal Relapse 2 and King Mathers tbh....

Haha me too brother
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Drax207 » Nov 17th, '14, 22:58

Aone10 wrote:
Drax207 wrote:
Aone10 wrote:I have my own personal Relapse 2 and King Mathers tbh....

Haha me too brother

damn r.i.p Yelawolf avi

You had the best Yela avi on the site tbh

Thanks man haha, I still have it on my computer, I may put it again one of these days (for Love Story?) but I kept it for so long that I felt like I needed to change a little bit :p Yela-Beard for the win !
My Music Box, #1 Em song              <Insert Insult Here>            #Slumerican

Mr. Porter wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:I also thought he sounded off-beat.

Porter plz, don't you have a youtube awards performance to fuck up

As a matter of fact I do. Thanks for reminding me.
Drax207
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kali » Nov 18th, '14, 01:03

Excita wrote:
csw621 wrote:
Raul wrote:King Mathers

Would be interesting to hear more songs from 2006-2008

This. Everyone hates "pillinem", but that's where CWYWF, My Darling, Beautiful, 50 Ways, The Apple, and Difficult came from. Would have a shit track or two, but so does every Eminem album.
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kali » Nov 18th, '14, 01:06

Drax207 wrote:
StayWideAwake wrote:
Rafael wrote:King Mathers to me would be a much more interesting listen..

Then again, I don't even believe Relapse 2 was an actual living project.. I think Em had the concept in his head, but it was quickly steered off into Recovery before he got the chance execute it.

Nah I definitely think it is/was an album. He said in interviews that him and Dre went in the studio not knowing what to do and ending up working for 6-7 months to finish both albums. I think Refill was cuts from Relapse 2 though.

I agree 100%. Some tracks on Recovery were probably also initially meant for Relapse 2. (Plus Nut Up, that Insult to Injury myth, maybe Oh No and Things Get Worse too). It would be easy to make a home-made Relapse 2 with all that material tbh. Also a King Mathers EP with the dozen of tracks we got with the leaks.

50 Ways is the shit by the way.

It's been confirmed that Relapse 2 was already recorded during the original Relapse sessions. Refill was recorded after, and were not cuts.

Oh No was a Relapse cut. "Relapse/Into the well baby Jessica fell" "I'll be back with the sequel, repeat the cycle."
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 18th, '14, 01:09

Kali wrote:
It's been confirmed that Relapse 2 was already recorded during the original Relapse sessions. Refill was recorded after, and were not cuts.

Oh No was a Relapse cut. "Relapse/Into the well baby Jessica fell" "I'll be back with the sequel, repeat the cycle."

hell the sequel b
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby UofLCard » Nov 18th, '14, 01:10

A few years ago, I would've said King Mathers without missing a beat. Today, I've softened up to Relapse; so, Relapse 2.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Slim Cypher » Nov 18th, '14, 01:13

Aone10 wrote:Anyone who didn't pick Relapse 2 is a confirmed faggot.
#Encorefam #Rosenfam ~Merry Christmas Hoes~
Slim Cypher
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby csw621 » Nov 18th, '14, 01:23

Well if it's confirmed it's confirmed :unsure: :zipped:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 18th, '14, 04:07

King Mathers. It's not that I think it would be better, but I do think it would be more interesting, especially seeing as we already got Relapse 1. I really want to hear more of what he was during during the King Mathers time period. There really isn't any mystery to what was on Relapse 2.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Intruder » Nov 18th, '14, 11:09

Would be interesting to hear more songs from 2006-2008

Wouldn't be interesting to hear a zombie rapping on pills.

hahahahaha :laughing:
There's an intruder... in my house
He cut my phone line
... can't dial out
I scream for police
... but I doubt
They're gonna hear me
... when I shout
-Eminem

Even Eminem is scared of me...
Intruder
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 19th, '14, 01:50

Aone10 wrote:
Mr. Porter wrote:King Mathers. It's not that I think it would be better, but I do think it would be more interesting, especially seeing as we already got Relapse 1. I really want to hear more of what he was during during the King Mathers time period. There really isn't any mystery to what was on Relapse 2.

Did the leaks not do enough justice? It would've easily been the worst album of his career and one of the most embarrassing albums in music history tbh.

Apparently the leaks did not do enough justice. That's why I want to hear the whole album. And also, we for all we know those leaks wouldn't have made the cut. And lastly, I don't think those songs are bad. They're not great lyrically, of course, but they're interesting to listen to.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby EminemBase » Nov 19th, '14, 11:22

Relapse 2 - alllll the fucking way.

Relapse 2 is actually exciting because it's probably the BEST material from that era.

For those of us who love Relapse 1... if "Stay Wide Awake" and "3am" are #1... what the FUCK is on #2!!? Even 50 at the time, a statement before either came out referred to #1 as a 'treat' but called #2 'exciting'. And Em referred to them as 'kind of like SSLP 2 and MMLP 2', so the 2nd Relapse was always meant to be the BIG impact.

Which just makes you wonder how extreme and/or brilliant it must be.

I think that was the biggest mistake of his career. Not in terms of hits and success obviously @ Recovery but fuck all that who cares. I think it would have been a true new MMLP moment... never again now.

King Mathers is more-so interesting in a kind of... watching a tragedy kind of way in the sense that we'd be hearing a man and great artist in the depths of total depression and addiction; we'd get lots of husky anger and growling, lots of self-pitying lyrics and ideas but the overall result would probably be quite fascinating due to the fact it would be so heavy on strings and pianos and feel like a very very dark, super-personal PIANO-TES. I can picture it now and you can hear that "No Apologies" and "Careful What You Wish For" are in the same kind of musical vein despite being on different levels in terms of quality.

But that also would have been interesting and different, for him to just stick to a dark piano sound and make an album documenting that period as much as I am bored of bio-raps; it would have been valid given the extremity of his life at that time and hearing that TRUE EXPERIENCE vs. his strings and pianos... oh shit.

BUTTTT, Relapse 2 would no doubt be a WOW - and - WTF, skill-frenzy, brilliance-fuck-fest.

R2 all the way.

And fuck you Em.

Again.

For not releasing it.

Fuck!

Back on my Base shit.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Atone » Nov 19th, '14, 11:53

hard to choose, which one has the least ammout of features?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Kill You » Nov 19th, '14, 17:29

Relapse 2 obviously.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Mr Change » Nov 19th, '14, 18:01

I would've been upset if Eminem really released yet another album of random storytelling murders and accents.

No content.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat