The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Fandom Research!

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Eminem Fandom Research!

Postby duby88 » Nov 20th, '14, 05:36

Hey guys I'm doing a research paper on Eminem and his fandom for a college paper.
What would you say Eminem fans are known for? Like do you call yourself anything? Or what makes someone be a true fan? Any very opinionated thoughts you'd like to share about the fans on the this site or fans in general or even to Em himself? Do you feel Eminem has changed and sold out? Whats your favorite album and why?
Would appreciate anything!!
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Eminem Fandom Research!

Postby csw621 » Nov 20th, '14, 05:46

People call us stans and we're known for being loyal to rap, and more specifically good rap. True fans appreciate all of em's music. Thoughts I'd share with him? I'd want him to know how many lives he's changed for the better. I feel he has not sold out. Maybe he used to let things change or get to him. Drugs, women. Favorite album is his masterpiece the eminem show. Hope this helps :b:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Atone » Nov 20th, '14, 05:53

Ah look guys, another un-creative mother fuck doing another Eminem paper for a school project just like the other un-creative mother fucks that have done Eminem projects for their school for the last...10 years or so, give this guy a hand guys
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Chris_Provoke » Nov 20th, '14, 05:56

Anybody who mentions anything about a "true fan" automatically deserves a back hand to the face imo.
Chris_Provoke
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby boonim » Nov 20th, '14, 06:05

True Wiz wrote:The majority of *fans are pathetic.

*Fixed :).
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby slims » Nov 20th, '14, 06:14

Atone wrote:Ah look guys, another un-creative mother fuck doing another Eminem paper for a school project just like the other un-creative mother fucks that have done Eminem projects for their school for the last...10 years or so, give this guy a hand guys

c'mon, don't be a jerk.
slim shady, naughty rotten rhymer
- not an original sig but one from a different site I joined before this one.
slims
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Whitefox » Nov 20th, '14, 07:22

tell your teacher that eminem sold out and was better on drugs
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby duby88 » Nov 20th, '14, 08:58

csw621 wrote:People call us stans and we're known for being loyal to rap, and more specifically good rap. True fans appreciate all of em's music. Thoughts I'd share with him? I'd want him to know how many lives he's changed for the better. I feel he has not sold out. Maybe he used to let things change or get to him. Drugs, women. Favorite album is his masterpiece the eminem show. Hope this helps :b:

Ive been noticing alot of people think he has changed and has sold out. You think he let things change him? Can you maybe elaborate on that?
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby duby88 » Nov 20th, '14, 08:58

Could anyone connect any part of Eminem to god or religion?
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby mdemaz » Nov 20th, '14, 09:07

Maybe you could write something about how Eminem took the race card and scrunched it up into tiny pieces. Talk about how much of an impact Eminem has had on the rap game and people in general.

The Marshall Mathers LP is an ultimate album, imo.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby boonim » Nov 20th, '14, 09:20

You can discuss why Eminem is one of those rare artists who commands a loyal and massive following 15 years into the game. Not only has he kept many of his older fans still interested in his music and persona, but he is also gaining newer and much younger fans and is regarded as an icon. I'm sure you can find hints in Em's own music -- an important theme is how his real life is like a movie...a compelling one. And how the line between his real life and his music is blurred, especially his older stuff, and how his honesty in his music affected people.

Hmmm...you probably you need to start off saying something about what people look for in music/art, what people find compelling and irrestible and then talk about how Em fits the bill...:-k. This might be too scholarly...idk.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Zarra » Nov 20th, '14, 11:49

csw621 wrote:People call us stans and we're known for being loyal to rap, and more specifically good rap. True fans appreciate all of em's music. Thoughts I'd share with him? I'd want him to know how many lives he's changed for the better. I feel he has not sold out. Maybe he used to let things change or get to him. Drugs, women. Favorite album is his masterpiece the eminem show. Hope this helps :b:

:y: :b:
"A pain in my neck, thorn in my side
Stain on my blade, blood on my knife
Been dreaming of her, all of my life
But she won't come true, she's just my nightmare I woke up to."
Zarra
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Zarra » Nov 20th, '14, 12:00

True Wiz wrote:
Zarra wrote:

:y: :b:

True fans don't have to appreciate everything Em puts out? Holy fuck. What is wrong with you guys?

Appreciate does not necessarily mean to like it.So yes,it's kinda nice to at least appreciate everything he puts out to entertain us and not just bitch about how his flow is changed
"A pain in my neck, thorn in my side
Stain on my blade, blood on my knife
Been dreaming of her, all of my life
But she won't come true, she's just my nightmare I woke up to."
Zarra
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby boonim » Nov 20th, '14, 12:04

Zarra wrote:
True Wiz wrote:
Zarra wrote: :y: :b:

True fans don't have to appreciate everything Em puts out? Holy fuck. What is wrong with you guys?

Appreciate does not necessarily mean to like it.So yes,it's kinda nice to at least appreciate everything he puts out to entertain us and not just bitch about how his flow is changed

Eminem bends words, you bend word meanings :).
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Nov 20th, '14, 13:05

True Wiz wrote:The majority of Eminem fans are pathetic.

This is usually the type of comment id see on Rap Genius.. Sadly now that all the SL fags are here. We have to start saying this. :laughing:
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat