The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Fandom Research!

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Eminem Fandom Research!

Postby skc_ » Nov 20th, '14, 14:36

Called Stans obv.
I dont feel eminem fans are that much rap fans. Often they are not, and listen to a lot of non rap music besides em. Stuff like "True fans appreciate all of em's music" is nonsense, any fans of any artist would say that about themselves.
skc_
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 20th, '14, 20:27

True Wiz wrote:
Zarra wrote:
csw621 wrote:People call us stans and we're known for being loyal to rap, and more specifically good rap. True fans appreciate all of em's music. Thoughts I'd share with him? I'd want him to know how many lives he's changed for the better. I feel he has not sold out. Maybe he used to let things change or get to him. Drugs, women. Favorite album is his masterpiece the eminem show. Hope this helps :b:

:y: :b:

True fans don't have to appreciate everything Em puts out? Holy fuck. What is wrong with you guys?

Agreed with True Wiz... "Real" fans should be observant and critical of the things they love. Now it's possibly to be overly critical, being somewhere in the middle of the spectrum is where fans of anything should strive for.

Extremes are bad. On a side note I dislike the term "true fan" , always sounded funny to me.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby duby88 » Nov 22nd, '14, 22:09

True Wiz wrote:
Zarra wrote:
csw621 wrote:People call us stans and we're known for being loyal to rap, and more specifically good rap. True fans appreciate all of em's music. Thoughts I'd share with him? I'd want him to know how many lives he's changed for the better. I feel he has not sold out. Maybe he used to let things change or get to him. Drugs, women. Favorite album is his masterpiece the eminem show. Hope this helps :b:

:y: :b:

True fans don't have to appreciate everything Em puts out? Holy fuck. What is wrong with you guys?

Agreed with True Wiz... "Real" fans should be observant and critical of the things they love. Now it's possibly to be overly critical, being somewhere in the middle of the spectrum is where fans of anything should strive for.

Extremes are bad. On a side note I dislike the term "true fan" , always sounded funny to me.[/quote]

In response to True Wiz's earlier post:
I initially joined this site in doing that. Meaning observing how the fans/users interact on this website. However its useful at times to ask questions sometimes in order to help me direct the research for making the writing easier, if you know what I'm saying.

I actually share the same opinion. I believe that the term of "true fan" is bad. Like you said extremes are bad. A true fan of anything, but in this case Eminem's fans shouldn't be forced to like everything he produces. A good example is like a sports fan. A fan can like his team but doesn't necessarily like everything about the team like all the players or recent changes. What makes a fan in my opinion is staying loyal with support of whatever it is.

But True Wiz what did you mean by saying all Eminem's fans are pathetic, then said there fixed?
Also are you a bigger Wiz fan then Eminem?
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby csw621 » Nov 22nd, '14, 22:12

>"What makes someone a true fan?"
>"I believe the term true fan is bad."

You serious dawg?
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby duby88 » Nov 22nd, '14, 22:39

csw621 wrote:>"What makes someone a true fan?"
>"I believe the term true fan is bad."

You serious dawg?

This requires some explaining. In the study of fandom, there are multiple levels to how much devotion and love a fan shows to that particular interest. There is always that battle between "true fan" vs "fan", i think people get caught up on this to much. I don't think truthfully there is a true definition of a true fan. Everyone is a fan, its the level of devotion in which they start to classify themselves.
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby csw621 » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:09

It's unhealthy when tattoos become involved I think.
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:12

csw621 wrote:It's unhealthy when tattoos become involved I think.

idk about that, man, you can always tattoo a piece of lyrics that you find important to your life or something about the artist (a symbol or smth like that) that means a lot to you

i'm thinking about making a Em related tattoo later on my life tbh

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby csw621 » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:14

Not across the chest I hope ;)
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Raul » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:15

csw621 wrote:Not across the chest I hope ;)

kek :p

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby csw621 » Nov 23rd, '14, 05:19

Fanboys (or girls) of anything can be annoying. The thing is, people like when things rhyme, whether they admit it or not. And eminem is better at rhyming shit than anyone. So it takes a lot more for an admiration of him to become an unhealthy obsession than say an admiration of kanye west or kim kardashian. Because obsession is just what other people think of your feelings. And em is artist of the decade, so chances are usually good someone nearby will sympathize with being you being a stan. Statistically speaking that is.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby duby88 » Nov 30th, '14, 00:05

how do you guys like this site? how do you feel people talk to each other on here? too much complaining?
duby88
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 30th, '14, 02:39

Can you quote me in your paper?
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby duby88 » Dec 1st, '14, 01:42

yes i could