The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

If you're on the #encorefam, put it in your sig

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: If you're on the #encorefam, put it in your sig

Postby Mr Change » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:30

Jaba wrote:
Mr Change wrote:Stopped reading there Jaba. Not really, but everything else you said didn't matter.

So you disagree that Em knew what he was doing on Encore? Lmao. Cus Em on Recovery was Eminem crawling to the fucking label cus the mainstream didnt like Relapse, so he did whatever the label said so that he could get popular.

Encore sounded like classic Em only because it was still 2004 and he literally sounded exactly like himself and had the same remnants of prime Eminem's flow and cadence and attitude.

But you can't act like he 'knew what he was doing' when he couldn't form coherent ideas and put those laughable trash tracks on his album.

Now this is a encore appreciation thread, the kind of which never floats for Recovery. But, imma bow out, because I can understand that complaining about Eminem's pill popping decisions isn't at place here. So let's drop it Jaba :y:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:31

csw621 wrote:Encore is basically classic em. He just got a little too high that's all.

Lol @ a little too high
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Raul » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:33

Blogs McGooch wrote:
csw621 wrote:Encore is basically classic em. He just got a little too high that's all.

Lol @ a little too high

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Josh » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:34

still waiting for the music video for my salsa :(
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:35

Josh wrote:still waiting for the music video for my salsa :(

You be waiting for a long time
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Raul » Nov 23rd, '14, 04:38

Josh wrote:still waiting for the music video for my salsa :(

it's the 1st single of the upcoming d12 album

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby csw621 » Nov 24th, '14, 18:24

:y: :y: :b: :b:
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kali » Nov 25th, '14, 02:07

Aone10 wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:
Aone10 wrote:I listened to Encore in it's entirety on a long drive today. :8)

Didn't you used to say Encore was trash yet is still better than Recovery?

Encore is the climax in Eminem's story prior to his hiatus, with the falling action being everything after (curtain call, re-up), ultimately leading to his full blown addiction and hiatus.

He closed that chapter in his life and began a new one once he decided to sober up and get back into the spotlight.... but as we all know, Encore could've very well ended up being Eminem's final studio album had he not turned his life around.

That gives it a certain eerie mystique every time I listen to it.

Why I love Encore tbh
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Whitefox » Nov 25th, '14, 06:21

Aone10 wrote:

Nah, I've always rated it a strong 7. I was one of the first members on this forum to make an argument for Encore being better than Recovery.

The deluxe version is an 8/10 tbh.

I consider it one of Eminem's best produced albums (along with The Eminem Show and Relapse) and also appreciate it's gloomy tone and cohesion throughout. It's easy to shit on what is objectively wrong with the album and use it as a reason to dismiss it as garbage, but I find it artistically brilliant in it's own way. The album stays true to how Eminem was feeling at the time and his story wouldn't be complete without it.

By 2004, Eminem had already become one of the biggest names in the history of hip-hop and one of the best selling artists of all time. His personal life was going to shit, he was exhausted from beefing with countless artists, Shady records was the busiest it had ever been with 50's rise, and he was carrying the burden of living up to expectations set by his first three major releases (his music leaking around this time didn't help the cause), so he vented and collapsed.... and it's all on record for us to experience.

There were some painful and honest records on there that really gave us insight as to how he was feeling about certain situations in his life (Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird). There were some troll records on the album that I can argue are innovative in their own way, as Eminem made those records with the intention of them being terrible. Big Weenie is objectively one of Eminem's worst songs, but it's a joke being played on Benzino.... he's telling him he can make a song as stupid as Big Weenie and it'll still be better and sell more than anything Benzino puts out. Rain Man follows the same concept, only he's trolling his fan base for leaking his music. He can make a whole song "not saying shit" and we'll still buy it. Then My 1st Single is a troll on Interscope.

At face value, it's easy to bash on those songs... but there is definitely some satire and sarcasm that can be appreciated there. Eminem knew he was pilled out of his mind towards the end of Encore's process, but he pulled one last trick out of his hat, and it was all his mental capacity could allow at the time.

Encore is the climax in Eminem's story prior to his hiatus, with the falling action being everything after (curtain call, re-up), ultimately leading to his full blown addiction and hiatus.

He closed that chapter in his life and began a new one once he decided to sober up and get back into the spotlight.... but as we all know, Encore could've very well ended up being Eminem's final studio album had he not turned his life around.

Real talk.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 25th, '14, 07:34

Aone10 wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:

Nah, I've always rated it a strong 7. I was one of the first members on this forum to make an argument for Encore being better than Recovery.

I consider it one of Eminem's best produced albums (along with The Eminem Show and Relapse) and also appreciate it's gloomy tone and cohesion throughout. It's easy to shit on what is objectively wrong with the album and use it as a reason to dismiss it as garbage, but I find it artistically brilliant in it's own way. The album stays true to how Eminem was feeling at the time and his story wouldn't be complete without it.

By 2004, Eminem had already become one of the biggest names in the history of hip-hop and one of the best selling artists of all time. His personal life was going to shit, he was exhausted from beefing with countless artists, Shady records was the busiest it had ever been with 50's rise, and he was carrying the burden of living up to expectations set by his first three major releases (his music leaking around this time didn't help the cause), so he vented and collapsed.... and it's all on record for us to experience.

There were some painful and honest records on there that really gave us insight as to how he was feeling about certain situations in his life (Like Toy Soldiers, Mockingbird). There were some troll records on the album that I can argue are innovative in their own way, as Eminem made those records with the intention of them being terrible. Big Weenie is objectively one of Eminem's worst songs, but it's a joke being played on Benzino.... he's telling him he can make a song as stupid as Big Weenie and it'll still be better and sell more than anything Benzino puts out. Rain Man follows the same concept, only he's trolling his fan base for leaking his music. He can make a whole song "not saying shit" and we'll still buy it. Then My 1st Single is a troll on Interscope.

At face value, it's easy to bash on those songs... but there is definitely some satire and sarcasm that can be appreciated there. Eminem knew he was pilled out of his mind towards the end of Encore's process, but he pulled one last trick out of his hat, and it was all his mental capacity could allow at the time.

I can actually really appreciate this justification, and from that perspective I could see why you enjoy the album as much as you do. However I still disagree with you.

Songs like 1 Shot 2 shot, Evil Deeds, Ass Like That among others still have lackluster verses. Even taking some of these songs as satire and trolling they're still sub par at least lyrically speaking regardless of the intention.

I feel that even though the production is worse overall, all of Recovery's verses despite the delivery and despite some corny lines, are all better crafted and better constructed than the majority of Encore. I also prefer the loudness of Recovery to the droning on Encore.

I know we'll disagree on this until the end of time, but we don't have to agree, and if you enjoy Encore more power to you, I wish I could. Not liking stuff especially something by one of your favorite artists isnt typically a good feeling.

On a side note, I get a kick out of Puke, a guilty pleasure for me, and I think Mosh is a genuinely good song as is Like Toy Soldiers. I also like Love You More and We As Americans.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 25th, '14, 07:45

Aone10 wrote:
Blogs McGooch wrote:

Beautiful post man :y:
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Asche » Nov 25th, '14, 20:43

Aone10 wrote:That gives it a certain eerie mystique every time I listen to it.

I can def feel you on this. The dark blue and black color tones, the beats, the fact it could have been his last, and that you can literally see and hear the beginnings of the drug-induced loss of a person's soul... eerie as fuck

Edit: Is it weird that whenever you post I imagine you are actually George Bush in my head? Like, Dubya is sittin around typing up his opinions on Encore or whatever while wearing a santa hat. It just feels right.
Asche
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Nov 25th, '14, 21:21

Asche wrote:Edit: Is it weird that whenever you post I imagine you are actually George Bush in my head? Like, Dubya is sittin around typing up his opinions on Encore or whatever while wearing a santa hat. It just feels right.

I thought i was the only one
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheBoss123 » Nov 26th, '14, 07:58

Aone10 wrote:
TheBoss123 wrote:I can actually really appreciate this justification, and from that perspective I could see why you enjoy the album as much as you do. However I still disagree with you.

Songs like 1 Shot 2 shot, Evil Deeds, Ass Like That among others still have lackluster verses. Even taking some of these songs as satire and trolling they're still sub par at least lyrically speaking regardless of the intention.

I feel that even though the production is worse overall, all of Recovery's verses despite the delivery and despite some corny lines, are all better crafted and better constructed than the majority of Encore. I also prefer the loudness of Recovery to the droning on Encore.

I know we'll disagree on this until the end of time, but we don't have to agree, and if you enjoy Encore more power to you, I wish I could. Not liking stuff especially something by one of your favorite artists isnt typically a good feeling.

On a side note, I get a kick out of Puke, a guilty pleasure for me, and I think Mosh is a genuinely good song as is Like Toy Soldiers. I also like Love You More and We As Americans.

I can honestly say I enjoy all of Eminem's albums in some way though. Recovery is my least favorite album because aside from it's objective flaws, it's his most "vulnerable" album as well. He had never been so submissive and apologetic in his career before, and it bothered me in a weird way. It does make the album unique in it's own right, and there is definitely a fair amount of material from it that I enjoy, it just so happens to be my least favorite out of the bunch.

I understand that. Relapse did not sit well with me upon the first listen, it really took me a long time to appreciate it. However, Recovery at the time felt like a return to form, his songs felt like there was so much meaning behind them again. I appreciated the vulnerability on the album. Although it is not as good as it used to be, I can say with confidence that I still enjoy it.

Probably like how you feel with Encore, I always felt like Recovery got way more hate than it deserved. It didnt even occur to me that people didnt like it until I enjoyed this site.

On topic though, I don't feel Encore is any worse than anyone else's lackluster efforts, what gets me also is when people act like its the worst piece of music ever created and Im like nahh chill.

Can we take a moment to appreciate We As Americans though, I fucking love that song, the beat the hook, I really like it. The politics are a little confusing and muddied but I still feel its a powerful enough song. A few years ago I used to think he was talking about terrorism, now I'm pretty it's just about gun rights. Or maybe its just some sort of weird combination of all that and something about 50 cent. Idk, but I really like that song, top 5 from Encore for me easily.
" Life can change your directions, even when you ain't planned it
All you can do it handle it, worst thing you can do is panic
Use it to your advantage, avoid insanity manage
To conquer, every obstacle, make impossible possible
Even when winning illogical, losing is still far from optional.." -T.I.
TheBoss123
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to Shady Chit-Chat