The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

em's work on xv was directed towards the battle circuit

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

em's work on xv was directed towards the battle circuit

Postby Elision » Nov 23rd, '14, 15:52

So I thought this was pretty clear but upon reading what people are saying here that doesn't seem to be the case. Now, I don't think every verse is showing out to KOTD/URL and their members, but the majority of them seem to. Let me make some points:

1. We know Dizaster is Em's favorite battle MC currently, which shows he probably still keeps up with the movement, even if just the major title matches.
2. His most recent focus prior to XV was Total Slaughter.
3. Nearly every verse is written like Dizaster/Bender, even the acapella cypher he was using their entire style. Just pure spazzed out multi stacking beginning to end. This on top of the fact that he not only acknowledges Diz but Diz is his favorite artist in the scene.
4. He straight up pays homage to the Diz vs. Pat battle on the opening track. http://youtu.be/JrDhEzASzMA?t=41m49s
5. A battle MC can't be interviewed today without Em's name getting brought up with regards to stepping back in the ring, mostly due to the fact that he's the only mainstream cat who came up through it. I don't think it's a reach to assume with this project that he was showing he's still relevant in the circuit, especially given his recent involvement in it.

I have a few more small points but I don't think they're pertinent, just thought I'd share my take on XV. Which is arguably my favorite Em work to date, I know most of you hate the rapid fire flows and shit but you need to understand there's really nowhere else for him to take it at this point, and there's a handful of other artists who have found themselves in the same position, making them very inaccessible to newer fans of the genre. He's just showing he can keep his head above water with today's elites, and I think it was directed towards them and their fans as opposed to the mainstream crowd.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: em's work on xv was directed towards the battle circuit

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 23rd, '14, 15:56

i actually agree tbh, i want to see this fuckin dude Battle
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Nov 23rd, '14, 16:02

also keep in mind my link isn't the only time pat does that in the battle. he takes a pause and then says "...that was awesome" like 6-7 times during the match.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby csw621 » Nov 23rd, '14, 16:04

Elision wrote:My favorite Em work to date

Won't argue bro
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby boonim » Nov 23rd, '14, 16:09

This is a very interesting theory -- I don't know enough about the battle circuit to comment, but it is certainly smart that he is reclaiming/expanding his fan-base. And taking his career in a new direction in terms of stepping into the battle circuit is quite exciting if that is what he has in mind.

What I took away so far from the album (it's taking a lot of time to digest), is that he is doing quite a few Slim-Shady like quirky/crazy content with extended metaphors, violent, but cartoonish imagery. But doing this at a whole new level with incredibly complex rhyming and lyrics. I'm sure there's lot more to think about.

Also wanted to say: I love his style and am in awe of it.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 23rd, '14, 16:22

At the end of Right For Me, he says something like "leaving the game with integrity". And he also said he was going back underground on the Cypher. He's well aware of the chatter in certain circles of hiphop and maybe he slightly agrees with them. He'll probably be releasing hardcore shit from now on. Just a thought. Could be way off though. You never know with this dude
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 23rd, '14, 16:38

True Wiz wrote:
Yoda wrote:He'll probably be releasing hardcore shit from now on.

Please, please be true

Lol
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Nostradomus » Nov 23rd, '14, 17:17

Interesting, it's funny though I've watched that Dizaster vs. Pat Stay battle a dozen times and I never thought Em was referencing it with the "that was awesome" line but it's possible.

There are some major parallels in the cypher to lines from battle rappers.
Em uses a similar rhyme scheme to disaster when he says "plus with the history of muscular dystrophy it wasn't a mystery"
Dizaster says in his battle versus D.N.A., "leave your stomach in misery like muscular dystrophy"

The first thing I thought of when Em started doing the "warrior's mind, I'm pro-hydrocodone euphoria" shit was one of Bender's schemes.
Pretty awesome
I'll stop the alphabet at S and got it down to a T

Trying to recapture that lightning
Trapped in a bottle
Twice the magic that
started it all
Tragic portrait of an artist
Tortured, Trapped
in his own drawings
Tap into thoughts blacker
Nostradomus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Lezu » Nov 23rd, '14, 18:00

Don't be surprised once we start seeing Em some underground rap battles.
Lezu
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby csw621 » Nov 23rd, '14, 19:28

He won't come in second again, that's for sure.
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Nov 24th, '14, 07:37

was directed towards my anus
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby boonim » Nov 24th, '14, 12:52

Elision wrote:
I have a few more small points but I don't think they're pertinent, just thought I'd share my take on XV. Which is arguably my favorite Em work to date, I know most of you hate the rapid fire flows and shit but you need to understand there's really nowhere else for him to take it at this point, and there's a handful of other artists who have found themselves in the same position, making them very inaccessible to newer fans of the genre. He's just showing he can keep his head above water with today's elites, and I think it was directed towards them and their fans as opposed to the mainstream crowd.

Who do you think are these other artists?
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 24th, '14, 16:23

"I'm back for revenge, I lost a battle that ain't happening again"

A lot of people are sleeping on that Almost Famous song.
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 16:30

boonim wrote:
Elision wrote:

twista, lowkey, tech, busta, diabolic, rittz, jarren, celph titled, krayzie bone, snow tha product, i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 24th, '14, 16:32

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:
Elision wrote:

twista, lowkey, tech, busta, diabolic, rittz, jarren, celph titled, krayzie bone, snow tha product, i'm sure there's more i'm forgetting.

Tech9 is so overrated.
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat