The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Anyone notice...

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Anyone notice...

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 02:48

Menzo wrote:There's no way he's actually doing drugs again, lol.
i don't for one second believe he's been 100% sober. especially on tracks like must be the ganja, how you gonna do that sober?
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Trimss » Nov 24th, '14, 02:54

Elision wrote:he flat out said he was on mushrooms during that one track. not sure why not to believe it. sure sounded like it.

Here's a piece of advice: Don't believe everything Eminem says.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 02:56

Menzo wrote:
Elision wrote:
Menzo wrote:There's no way he's actually doing drugs again, lol.
i don't for one second believe he's been 100% sober. especially on tracks like must be the ganja, how you gonna do that sober?

Talent.
no i'm not referring to the difficulty, i'm referring to the whole atmosphere of the song. why would he make that song (and everything since that's referred to him being not-sober) if he's sober? i understand he likes to joke around and say shit that shouldn't be taken seriously but this doesn't seem like one of those things to me given how persistent he's been about it especially on this recent project.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 03:01

Trimss wrote:Here's a piece of advice: Don't believe everything Eminem says.
I don't. But he doesn't seem to be joking on this topic, he's flat out admitting it at this point. What more would it require for you to believe he's not 100% sober? Didn't he just mention having some beers with Kid Rock at his place every now and then in an interview?
Menzo wrote:It's just music.
music that sounds like he's high, wherein which he says he's high. how am i the only one hearing this?
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Nov 24th, '14, 03:02

Guy's probably just doing it to get people talking and wondering if he really has started drugs again.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby HeySamantha » Nov 24th, '14, 03:03

Elision wrote:he flat out said he was on mushrooms during that one track. not sure why not to believe it. sure sounded like it.

How can you say something like that, then turn around and say "why does everyone take Em so literally?? he's just fucking around" lol
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 03:10

6PRDMD9 wrote:Guy's probably just doing it to get people talking and wondering if he really has started drugs again.
again, it doesn't seem like a joke. it feels dead serious to me. guess it's just me though.
HeySamantha wrote:

How can you say something like that, then turn around and say "why does everyone take Em so literally?? he's just fucking around" lol
... when did i say this?
Menzo wrote:"Kim" sounded like he REALLY killed Kim.
kim was one song. and that's my point, if it was just a track or two and an occasional reference to getting fucked up on something i'd shrug it off as him talkin shit, but that's not the case here, he's repeatedly (in a serious manner) saying he's not sober. no pun, no joke, no metaphor, just flat out saying it.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Whitefox » Nov 24th, '14, 03:27

Elision, you have to stop doing drugs.
#encorefam
Whitefox
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Nov 24th, '14, 03:28

doesnt he carry around an aa necklace or some shit tho
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Kali » Nov 24th, '14, 03:49

I'm actually curious when the last time Eminem did drugs was. A lot of people say he's been sober since April 2008, but I'm pretty sure he relapsed a couple times while writing Relapse.
I think it was recorded clean, and the accents were his way to compensate for the lack of the slurry flow. Recovery's voice might of been a product of coming off a final relapse too.
Actually, I think Relapse II might of been cancelled because Eminem had actually relapsed. Espescially after all the Relapse hate in '09.
I'd say somewhere after Relapse got released, Eminem had a final relapse. He then completed treatment, and first time completely sober eminem wrote Recovery, which is why it's his most sonically distant album.
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Elision » Nov 24th, '14, 04:25

I've said this a million times but just saying "drugs" is way way way too general. that could mean so many things. Em had a benzo problem specifically, which isn't something he's mentioned doing since. only weed/alcohol and now psilocybin
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby UofLCard » Nov 24th, '14, 04:33

Kali wrote:Actually, I think Relapse II might of been cancelled because Eminem had actually relapsed. Espescially after all the Relapse hate in '09.

I still think R2 was cancelled because his label pressured him to make something...un-Relapse-like.
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Solace » Nov 24th, '14, 04:35

Menzo wrote:
Kali wrote:I'm actually curious when the last time Eminem did drugs was. A lot of people say he's been sober since April 2008, but I'm pretty sure he relapsed a couple times while writing Relapse.
I think it was recorded clean, and the accents were his way to compensate for the lack of the slurry flow. Recovery's voice might of been a product of coming off a final relapse too.
Actually, I think Relapse II might of been cancelled because Eminem had actually relapsed. Espescially after all the Relapse hate in '09.
I'd say somewhere after Relapse got released, Eminem had a final relapse. He then completed treatment, and first time completely sober eminem wrote Recovery, which is why it's his most sonically distant album.

This is so dumb.

niggas making intricate timelines n shit

occams razor
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby TheVipBro » Nov 24th, '14, 04:36

i think he hasn't full blown relapsed but i'm sure he may have smoked weed atleast once a year
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Nov 24th, '14, 04:42

Kali wrote:I'm actually curious when the last time Eminem did drugs was. A lot of people say he's been sober since April 2008, but I'm pretty sure he relapsed a couple times while writing Relapse.

And Bad Guy part 2 would sound great over Still DRE.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Chit-Chat