The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

If Eminem makes another sick LP, all is forgiven

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

If Eminem makes another sick LP, all is forgiven

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 26th, '14, 04:46

I do respect how Eminem made Relapse and Recovery different from all of the rest of his albums. Relapse had the extreme, puppet accent. It sounded crazy, but off. Recovery was his first true semi pop hip hop album ever and he experimented with Rihanna. Then MMLP 2 was a nostalgic album.

If he can put together a really unique LP (true hip hop) that throws us off at first but makes us really dig it, like in Shady XV, this is going to change our perception on the shortcomings of his post Encore work. We'll look back at Relapse as much more classic, because it was unique in terms of his voice and flow. We'll look back at Recovery and know that Em could do work with other pop artists.

Shady XV is making me believe that Eminem made all the albums the way he wanted to. But his next LP is going to sort of make or break the way a lot of us see his overall career. It can make us appreciate the post Encore work even more (knowing that he truly is the most versatile rapper ever), or it can blend in with Recovery thus making his other albums not so special. So his legacy is on the line here. I hope he knows what to do, but Shady 15 gives me a glimmer of hope. Remember ''I'm having a Relapse'' song pre Relapse? Well Relapse actually did sound similar to that freestyle. So if this Shady XV is any indication of where he's going on the next LP, I'll take my chances.

I got to hand it to you Eminem, but I have high expectations for your next LP. Hopsin could never do it like you.
Last edited by Hopsinshadie on Nov 26th, '14, 04:50, edited 1 time in total.
Da MEDIA made into me a modern-day Genghis KHAN AT aint NO GAME DOG!
    Try to argue It was just entertainment dawg Entertainment DOG!
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Re: If Eminem makes another sick LP, all is forgiven

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 26th, '14, 04:48

Relapse was good doe
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 26th, '14, 04:51

Blogs McGooch wrote:Relapse was good doe

Not good by itself, but good if blended in with Classics that are different.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 26th, '14, 04:58

Hopsinshadie wrote:

Omg ur right
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr. Porter » Nov 26th, '14, 05:04

So if we just throw Relapse in a blender with SSLP, MMLP, and TES, we'll like the album even more?
But won't that wreck the CDs?
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Nov 26th, '14, 05:59

Blogs McGooch wrote:
Hopsinshadie wrote:

Omg ur right

:laughing:
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby csw621 » Nov 26th, '14, 06:05

Shortcomings? Are you fucking serious? Dude has run rap for sixteen years straight
#teamitaliansausage #Encorefam
Never hit someone unless you got a reason. If there ain't a reason, make one up and start swinging.
csw621
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Emadyville » Nov 26th, '14, 06:42

OP makes some great points. Especially at the fact that this recent em makes us simply go "well encore was what it was, it wasn't really em because he is obviously still amazing if not better".

Also about em making the albums he wanted to, that is a good point I had never considered until now. I mean, realistically it seems obvious yet I honestly never thought of it as he just makes what type/kind/style/sound/etc. of album he wants to. Every album does have a feel, I think the only thing taking away from his post sslp/mmlp/tes albums is that all albums since have felt somewhat "mixed" and not as fluent and wholesome as a collection as the first 3. With that said, relapse was very close, but if he continues to work with multiple producers on albums he will continue to make non-fluent albums unless he does some sort of concept driven album that carries subjects throughout and grows on them in some way.

Great post, very thought provoking, at least for me :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 26th, '14, 11:14

Emadyville wrote:OP makes some great points. Especially at the fact that this recent em makes us simply go "well encore was what it was, it wasn't really em because he is obviously still amazing if not better".

Also about em making the albums he wanted to, that is a good point I had never considered until now. I mean, realistically it seems obvious yet I honestly never thought of it as he just makes what type/kind/style/sound/etc. of album he wants to. Every album does have a feel, I think the only thing taking away from his post sslp/mmlp/tes albums is that all albums since have felt somewhat "mixed" and not as fluent and wholesome as a collection as the first 3. With that said, relapse was very close, but if he continues to work with multiple producers on albums he will continue to make non-fluent albums unless he does some sort of concept driven album that carries subjects throughout and grows on them in some way.

Great post, very thought provoking, at least for me :y:

Thanks for agreeing on some of my thoughts. I wasn't joking. The next album really will change (for better or worse) the way we will look back at his career and judge his post 8 Mile work. If his album is mediocre and sounds just like any of his other albums, it's not going to look good. But if he creates a true, cohesive, masterpiece then yes it will make us appreciate his post 8 mile albums because we will look at each and every one of them as different. Recovery 2 will basically tarnish everything. Man just think an album similar to the songs he made in Shady XV, but obviously a deeper album with some gems. It really could be the next big thing for him.

Now how could one album change everything? Well because none of his albums were exactly bad, they were just a little bit out of place at the time. But if he can find the missing piece of this ''puzzle'' (maybe that was his plan) then it will put all of his albums into place, and they will age better. That's all there is to it.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Zhadeix » Nov 26th, '14, 13:56

I totally agree.
And I can almost guarantee that there will be at lest one more solo project, since Em and everyone knows that he loves to rap, and he's one of the most skilled lyricists out there. He entered rap big, and I think that when it's time to hang up the mic, he'll leave it big, like a grand finale.

He knows what we want, and I think that with Shady XV, he gave us a taste of what's to come... Hopefully.
Elision wrote:well no shit if it takes 41 minutes to download it's either being hosted from a remote african tribe hut with a string of floss connected to a tree outside for internet or it's not what it appears.

"Bitch I said that this mask ain't for hockey, hate Versace, Versace
I've got Münchausen by proxy
I'm making you sick don't pretend you can't hear me you deaf girl I said you was foxy"

#TeamMMLP #RosenbergSeason
Zhadeix
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Kill You » Nov 26th, '14, 14:45

I'm sure he needs forgiveness...lol.
"I guess this shit took an unexpected twist like the neck of the fricken Exorcist!"

#TeamEezus
#TeamJennifer

Kill You
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 27th, '14, 10:32

Kill You wrote:I'm sure he needs forgiveness...lol.

Well, he's always apologizing profusely. He apologized for Relapse and Recovery.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hopsinshadie » Nov 27th, '14, 10:34

Zhadeix wrote:I totally agree.
And I can almost guarantee that there will be at lest one more solo project, since Em and everyone knows that he loves to rap, and he's one of the most skilled lyricists out there. He entered rap big, and I think that when it's time to hang up the mic, he'll leave it big, like a grand finale.

He knows what we want, and I think that with Shady XV, he gave us a taste of what's to come... Hopefully.

Yea. Encore, Relapse, Recovery and even MMLP 2 were all experiments. But if he can somehow make all them fit, it will be epic. All of his albums sound stupid at first to a lot of people, but once Relapse becomes super retro, then wow. Maybe end it with King Mathers.
ImageImage ImageImage
Hopsinshadie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Chris_Provoke » Nov 28th, '14, 02:04

Mr. Porter wrote:So if we just throw Relapse in a blender with SSLP, MMLP, and TES, we'll like the album even more?
But won't that wreck the CDs?

'long as you mix it with some BIG and some Pac it should work, just add water bro.
Chris_Provoke
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Jaba » Nov 28th, '14, 06:19

Im sure he will make you happy. Eminem LIVES to make hopsinshadie happy
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Chit-Chat