The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do U Like The Name Recovery?

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: Do U Like The Name Recovery?

Postby *Illicit* » Apr 15th, '10, 19:58

MikeNufc wrote:
*Illicit* wrote:
MikeNufc wrote:Simple but effective as it works for the 'sequel' to Relapse.

I liked 'The Awakening' though.

Yeah only problem with that is they were calling it Relapse 2: The Awakening.. doesn't that mean the same thing as a smaller simple title like Recovery

I wouldnt want Relapse 2: The Awakening just The Awakening.

Recovery is good though.

But the only thing is, it's not as memorable as his other album names. Like if someone says to you in a few years 'Recovery' you'd be like 'What?' but if they said 'The Eminem Show' you'd be like 'Great album'. Might sound dumb but I know what I mean....

Yeah i get you, I think its up to em to make it a memorable album. Maybe it will be so good that when you say recovery thats all people will think of? It makes me excited to think that this could be the best Eminem album ever. I know you can say it will never be better than MMLP SSLP TES but maybe?? If anything it would be different.
Killah WayIll

*Illicit* wrote:When I told you I loved you, girl I was lion like Mufasa
I take the chronic roll it up and smoke like a rasta.
You see my mane I wear it around my neck like a chain.
Keep that weed in me stay fly as an airplane.
*Illicit*
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MikeNUFC » Apr 15th, '10, 20:01

*Illicit* wrote:
Yeah i get you, I think its up to em to make it a memorable album. Maybe it will be so good that when you say recovery thats all people will think of? It makes me excited to think that this could be the best Eminem album ever. I know you can say it will never be better than MMLP SSLP TES but maybe?? If anything it would be different.

Well, I dont think he'll ever top those 3. I just can't see it, they were that good. I just want to hear a new style that he didnt have on any of his previous albums. Thats what the best artists do.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby *Illicit* » Apr 15th, '10, 20:04

MikeNufc wrote:
*Illicit* wrote:

Well, I dont think he'll ever top those 3. I just can't see it, they were that good. I just want to hear a new style that he didnt have on any of his previous albums. Thats what the best artists do.

yeah thats what Im saying.. he will never top those albums but they were just a different time.

I'm saying he could make an album thats the best in its own way in todays music world.

I just hope it will blow encore/relapse(refill included) away and be the best since "MMLP SSLP and TES"

I think we all hope that

hey nice sig and avatar by the way. nas is dope
Killah WayIll

*Illicit*
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MikeNUFC » Apr 15th, '10, 20:09

*Illicit* wrote:hey nice sig and avatar by the way. nas is dope

Cheers - him and Em will be always be my 2 favourite rappers, despite the attentions of Masta Ace, Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco.

And the sig is the genius of Satire. :y:
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby *Illicit* » Apr 15th, '10, 20:10

MikeNufc wrote:

Cheers - him and Em will be always be my 2 favourite rappers, despite the attentions of Masta Ace, Talib Kweli and Lupe Fiasco.

Yeah he's good I was trying to get someone to make me a sig but nobody has replied to my thread.. I need to get me one made.

I should hit him up..
Killah WayIll

*Illicit*
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby MikeNUFC » Apr 15th, '10, 20:11

*Illicit* wrote:
MikeNufc wrote:

Yeah he's good I was trying to get someone to make me a sig but nobody has replied to my thread.. I need to get me one made.

I should hit him up..

Yeah PM him and Coleon. They're both good. Sold1er is good as well.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby EminemBase » Apr 15th, '10, 23:54

MikeNufc wrote:
*Illicit* wrote:
MikeNufc wrote:Simple but effective as it works for the 'sequel' to Relapse.

I liked 'The Awakening' though.

Yeah only problem with that is they were calling it Relapse 2: The Awakening.. doesn't that mean the same thing as a smaller simple title like Recovery

I wouldnt want Relapse 2: The Awakening just The Awakening.

Recovery is good though.

But the only thing is, it's not as memorable as his other album names. Like if someone says to you in a few years 'Recovery' you'd be like 'What?' but if they said 'The Eminem Show' you'd be like 'Great album'. Might sound dumb but I know what I mean....

Recovery isn't a sequel to Relapse though.

I mean it is in a career sense in that it's next up. And he always names the albums so they pair-up and continue on this logical timeline of themes but it's not actually a sequel.

That's why it got its own title. He said as he was making new material the idea of a sequel to Relapse made less and less sense. And now, Recovery - So it quite literally could be anything. No indication on sound. Which is exciting.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby MikeNUFC » Apr 16th, '10, 00:09

EminemBase wrote:
MikeNufc wrote:I wouldnt want Relapse 2: The Awakening just The Awakening.

Recovery is good though.

Recovery isn't a sequel to Relapse though.

I mean it is in a career sense in that it's next up. And he always names the albums so they pair-up and continue on this logical timeline of themes but it's not actually a sequel.

That's why it got its own title. He said as he was making new material the idea of a sequel to Relapse made less and less sense. And now, Recovery - So it quite literally could be anything. No indication on sound. Which is exciting.

I never said it was a sequel. I'm glad as hell he didnt call it Relapse 2 becuase the music will be completely different. I'm not really sure why you quoted my post?

The only reason why I said I wasnt too sure about Recovery becuase it isnt as unique as his other titles, in terms of the word itself. I still think it's a good and fitting name.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mikey1990 » Apr 16th, '10, 00:13

i like it :worship:
Mikey1990
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Drama Setter » Apr 16th, '10, 00:17

Sure fuck the haterz i like it , the best title could have been :worship: