The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

No accent on Recovery and Relapse sessions

Random talk about Eminem.
Your postcount will not increase in this sub-forum.

Re: No accent on Recovery and Relapse sessions

Postby Emadyville » Apr 19th, '10, 16:34

EminemBase wrote:
Emadyville wrote:
EminemBase wrote:Well I think a lot of people need to learn what the word accent means for one.

A lot of the material from Relapse has no accent. It's American, he's just crafted the flows so bunched up and melodic and is spitting them in such a consistent, rhythmic way and doing things with the words in unorthodox ways that it can give the illusion of an accent.

People confuse accent with tricky flows. So, I think Recovery will definitely continue his new fascination with flow experimentation and therefore produce what some people will THINK is "that stupid fucking accent" and so on. And... There was about 4 accents when he actually used them too.

So no, I don't think he will force any foreign accents or tones this time but I do think the flow experimentation will be prominent given that he tries to sound totally different each time and he's not doing the production.

We all obviously just refer to it as an accent, there's no need to try and make people sound like they're stupid. Other than that I agree with you, especially about the flow thing :y:

Well I didn't name anybody did I. But there's no need to pretend some people aren't stupid and everybody gets it either.

I've seen some people say Relapse is an album of him doing the "Ass Like That" accent all the way through. Which is just ridiculous. Need to check their hearing.

Well yeah some people are that stupid, or ignorant. I was just saying, you can see how I took what I did from your post though. Anyway good reply :y:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Previous

Return to Shady Chit-Chat