The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How To Rap Tutorial Pt. 2 by Slim Fiasco (Great Stuff)

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: How To Rap Tutorial Pt. 2 by Slim Fiasco (Great Stuff)

Postby Elision » Oct 23rd, '13, 07:46

classthe_king wrote:I disagree with almost all of this.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 23rd, '13, 10:43

ronnie56 wrote:no disrespect but that other tutorial u made kind of sucked

Haha, I mean, the writing comes off kinda immature and all, but most of the info is quite valuable. But hey, if it doesn't resonate that well with you then it's still all good. :b:

classthe_king wrote:I disagree with almost all of this. There is an "it" factor that some people just don't have. In fact, most people don't have it. You could work for years and years and you would never become a good rapper. Also, this isn't a tutorial but more like a motivational guide that is extremely misleading.

I did make it clear that wanting it badly enough is like the most important thing. And usually, it's those who want it badly enough that keep going at it and reach the heights they dream of. In a way, the "it" factor is to want it so bad, or at least it goes hand in hand with it.

Mr.DGAF wrote:Agree with most everything except the janitor analogy. You could work for years at rapping and wouldn't be guaranteed anything. Some people just don't have it, and practice won't help that.

How come though? If you work at it you can only get better. It's like going to the gym, if you eat healthy and put in the work, there's no option for your muscles not to get right.

Plus again, I'm assuming that you get into rap because you would love to obtain the skills, and not in order to make money or whatever (though of course that can always be a side-goal). So, if you enjoy what you're doing it means there's something that connects you with the action. Like, if you are marrying a girl it's assumed that you two love each other and all, so in an analogy, this tutorial would be a guide for how to make your marriage be even better. :8)

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I hope that it was helpful. :b:

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ronnie56 » Oct 23rd, '13, 14:44

Slim Fiasco wrote:
ronnie56 wrote:no disrespect but that other tutorial u made kind of sucked

Haha, I mean, the writing comes off kinda immature and all, but most of the info is quite valuable. But hey, if it doesn't resonate that well with you then it's still all good. :b:

classthe_king wrote:I disagree with almost all of this. There is an "it" factor that some people just don't have. In fact, most people don't have it. You could work for years and years and you would never become a good rapper. Also, this isn't a tutorial but more like a motivational guide that is extremely misleading.

I did make it clear that wanting it badly enough is like the most important thing. And usually, it's those who want it badly enough that keep going at it and reach the heights they dream of. In a way, the "it" factor is to want it so bad, or at least it goes hand in hand with it.

Mr.DGAF wrote:Agree with most everything except the janitor analogy. You could work for years at rapping and wouldn't be guaranteed anything. Some people just don't have it, and practice won't help that.

How come though? If you work at it you can only get better. It's like going to the gym, if you eat healthy and put in the work, there's no option for your muscles not to get right.

Plus again, I'm assuming that you get into rap because you would love to obtain the skills, and not in order to make money or whatever (though of course that can always be a side-goal). So, if you enjoy what you're doing it means there's something that connects you with the action. Like, if you are marrying a girl it's assumed that you two love each other and all, so in an analogy, this tutorial would be a guide for how to make your marriage be even better. :8)

To everyone else, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the read. I hope that it was helpful. :b:

u just did not go in depth as i would have liked imo on rhyme schemes metaphors wordplay punchlines or hook writing etc or flow :y:
ronnie56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 23rd, '13, 15:33

ronnie56 wrote:
u just did not go in depth as i would have liked imo on rhyme schemes metaphors wordplay punchlines or hook writing etc or flow :y:

There's more about it in the first part I guess viewtopic.php?f=29&t=142636. Also, that's been covered in the How To Rap book and that rappingmanual site (http://rappingmanual.com/) so you can check those out. However, if you want some personal insights of mine about that, I can make a Part 3 - no problem. Feel free to ask, and that goes for everyone esle; if you guys have something specific in mind just let me know and I'll cover it.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Mr.DGAF » Oct 23rd, '13, 17:24

Slim Fiasco wrote:

No, I do agree that you'd get better. But I'm saying that rap is far more diverse than the analogy you used. To me, you likened it to the fact that if you practice really hard and work your ass off you will earn notoriety and blow up. If you promised me money for a given practice, and all I had to do was fulfill it, you bet I'd take that. But there's a lot of variables with rapping that could stall even the most dedicated and ambitious rappers from ever reaching their goals.

Eedee wrote:

Like you.

OH NO YOU DIDN'T
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 23rd, '13, 18:20

^I mainly meant that you'd gain skill. But hey bro, it's all good :b:

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ronnie56 » Oct 23rd, '13, 19:15

Slim Fiasco wrote:
ronnie56 wrote:

There's more about it in the first part I guess viewtopic.php?f=29&t=142636. Also, that's been covered in the How To Rap book and that rappingmanual site (http://rappingmanual.com/) so you can check those out. However, if you want some personal insights of mine about that, I can make a Part 3 - no problem. Feel free to ask, and that goes for everyone esle; if you guys have something specific in mind just let me know and I'll cover it.

cover something about multis or rhyme schemes in general then tackle flow or something.
ronnie56
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby CrashBand » Oct 24th, '13, 05:43

How come Eminem is bad now though?
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Postby King Lance » Oct 24th, '13, 06:22

great thread :)

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 24th, '13, 09:27

CrashBand wrote:How come Eminem is bad now though?

Dude, Em reached the point of being the most skilled MC ever, he doesn't have to be good anymore. PLus he is, it's not like he cannot ride a beat anymore or something. ;)

King Lance wrote:great thread :)

Thanks bro! :b:

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Oct 24th, '13, 10:11

Good shit my dude... :worship: You certainly add to the forum!
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 24th, '13, 10:32

Francesco wrote:Good shit my dude... :worship: You certainly add to the forum!

Haha, thanks man :b: :b:

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Francesco » Oct 24th, '13, 10:39

Slim Fiasco wrote:
Francesco wrote:Good shit my dude... :worship: You certainly add to the forum!

Haha, thanks man :b: :b:

Anytime... :y:
Francesco
Genius
Genius

Postby King Lance » Oct 27th, '13, 06:58

Slim :worship:

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slim Fiasco » Oct 27th, '13, 10:13

King Lance wrote:Slim :worship:

Haha, thanks man :b:

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Hip Hop Domain