The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

The Game's New Album On Pace To Sell Less Than 10k

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: The Game's New Album On Pace To Sell Less Than 10k

Postby Mr. Porter » Oct 16th, '14, 00:32

I definitely can't argue with that. I'm just making a point that this isn't the same as if, say, Jesus Piece had sold only 10K first week. It's not quite like an actual album, even though it is. But like you said, these numbers aren't good for any well-established artist.

To bring up a similar situation, I'd be more worried if I was B.o.B. who sold like 40K in his first week with a full-blown album, rather than Game selling 10K with a pretty-much compilation album.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby runSA » Oct 16th, '14, 00:38

Mr. Porter wrote:I definitely can't argue with that. I'm just making a point that this isn't the same as if, say, Jesus Piece had sold only 10K first week. It's not quite like an actual album, even though it is. But like you said, these numbers aren't good for any well-established artist.

To bring up a similar situation, I'd be more worried if I was B.o.B. who sold like 40K in his first week with a full-blown album, rather than Game selling 10K with a pretty-much compilation album.

B.o.B's situation is definitely worse than Games. However I feel like Game will probably only do 50k first week unless he gets a good single with radio support
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr. Porter » Oct 16th, '14, 00:43

Not to get off track here, but where did B.o.B. go wrong? Admittedly, I haven't been too much attention to rap releases the last couple years (I've been listening to rap as much as I always do, just haven't been paying attention to sales or anything). And I was surprised that B.o.B. flopped, as a few years ago he seemed like he was going to be one of the next big things, as far as balancing mainstream appeal and critical acclaim.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby runSA » Oct 16th, '14, 00:49

Mr. Porter wrote:Not to get off track here, but where did B.o.B. go wrong? Admittedly, I haven't been too much attention to rap releases the last couple years (I've been listening to rap as much as I always do, just haven't been paying attention to sales or anything). And I was surprised that B.o.B. flopped, as a few years ago he seemed like he was going to be one of the next big things, as far as balancing mainstream appeal and critical acclaim.

A few years ago B.o.B had that Airplanes song which was HUGE and helped sales. I don't think he had any big singles this time so he didn't have any big buzz before his album dropped. I barely knew he was dropping an album
"This world is mine for the taking, make me king as we move toward a new world order"
-Eminem
RIP TR 2005-2014
We live on at http://www.hiphopshelter.com
runSA
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Kali » Oct 16th, '14, 01:11

StayWideAwake wrote:There are a lot of weak songs on here, but Game has some great verses. I love his aggressive delivery. If he really cuts down on the features and gets some great production for Documentary 2, it could be really nice.

The 50 - Game reunion that is being terribly covered up won't hurt either.
#EncoreFam #KanyeFam
Kali
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby TheVipBro » Oct 16th, '14, 01:26

Atone finna sell more
ImageImageImageImage
#EncoreFam #TeamNewGeneration
InsaneTRex94 wrote:I say let people fuck who they want to fuck and die how they want to die, whether it be from a heart attack after a Big Mac or crushing their skulls under a weight they were trying to lift.
TheVipBro
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Oct 16th, '14, 01:31

Raul wrote:it's not a Game album, it's a label collaborative album

No it's not. This is a Game album. The label collaborative album is coming later. You can't just out a collaborative album from the label where you are doing all the songs and the other guys from his label isn't even on there
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Raul » Oct 16th, '14, 01:42

TheGentlePlayer wrote:

No it's not. This is a Game album. The label collaborative album is coming later. You can't just out a collaborative album from the label where you are doing all the songs and the other guys from his label isn't even on there

yikes... I thought it wasn't a Game album

dam son :(

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr. Porter » Oct 16th, '14, 02:03

Raul wrote:
TheGentlePlayer wrote:

yikes... I thought it wasn't a Game album

dam son :(

Lol this is exactly what I'm saying. I think most Game fans, like me until a few days ago, don't even know this IS a Game album. And I don't think a collaborative album is coming later. I think this is the collab album, just turned into a Game album, kinda like how Jay did with his Roc La Familia Dynasty album.
Mr. Porter
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr Change » Oct 16th, '14, 03:30

SliK wrote:
Mr Change wrote:
Notalius wrote:Handsome Ass Nigga ✔ @thegame
I'm startin a trending topic #help50goGOLD . if you'd like to contribute to my old friends sub-par album sales please just "RETWEET" this.

https://twitter.com/thegame/status/5984182861

Just when I tell myself it's ok to like a new Game song and want to try to appreciate his music he reminds me time and time again how he's downright the most idiotic person in hip hop.

He tweeted that in 09.

And? My point still stands even if I hadn't seen this tweet. The Game is one of the dumbest rappers outside of the music, imo.
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby SliK » Oct 16th, '14, 06:11

So what did game do that reminded you he's an idiot? Tweeted something 4 years ago?
SliK
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr Change » Oct 16th, '14, 06:26

SliK wrote:So what did game do that reminded you he's an idiot? Tweeted something 4 years ago?

Getting a tattoo of Obama and Trayvon are pretty dumb to me, not to mention whatever else he probably has

You obviously want to go to some lengths to defend Game as being an intelligent person, which is ok homie it's just opinions :y:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Elision » Oct 16th, '14, 07:46

i swear to god if he migrates to strange i'm gonna be pissed. they've been doing work together lately and tech sucks up just about anyone he can, i know this hasn't even been talked about, i just wanted to call it before it happens.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 16th, '14, 08:10

Pulling those Post-Shady Obie Trice numbers.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Previous

Return to Hip Hop Domain