The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Best "Southern" Rapper Right Now?

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: Best "Southern" Rapper Right Now?

Postby Elision » Oct 25th, '14, 03:17

i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Fury » Oct 25th, '14, 05:58

YelaGOAT
Fury
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Oct 25th, '14, 06:27

iggy
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby CanadaPure » Oct 25th, '14, 08:28

Elision wrote:not sure how you guys think yela is a better rapper than rittz in any aspect. fastforward to any point, lyrically rittz is one of the most dominant mc's doing it right now. the dude's a fucking juggernaut.

Gotta admit, I didn't like Rittz, but I thought Next to Nothing was tight as fuck and listen to it regularly.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby Elision » Oct 25th, '14, 09:39

Hesky wrote:
DƎRDYPK wrote:Just realizing how little I fuck with the south

Definitely my least favoured region. Canada > The South
try living in this shit for 5 years and being a trshady member at the same time. i live in a world where the most simple, effortless rap possible is considered the pinnacle of hiphop music. i don't even call myself a rapper to anyone here, it's embarrassing unless i have the opportunity to prove myself there on the spot. never looking back once i make it out.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Oct 25th, '14, 10:03

Hesky wrote:It's evident that repetitive lyrics with Crunk/Snap/Trap type beats are the preference down there.
man my front bags stopped accepting air last month so i needed a tow to my shop to use their lift and that fucking driver couldn't get enough of that shit. he was blasting this like.. audio mushroom trip it sounded like, it was some sort of chopped/screwed and bass-boosted lil jon bullshit and i couldn't even make out what he was saying because it was a syllable per minute. it's the first type of music that i can't even see the appeal, i can understand the appeal of almost any artist/group even if they're not necessarily for me. that shit? no. hardly passes as music at all. but that's what people think down here when you say you're into rap so you basically just avoid the topic.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Notalius » Oct 25th, '14, 13:11

SlimChazi wrote:Krit, Rashad & Gibbs

Gibbs ain't from the south as far as I know though

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Chazi » Oct 25th, '14, 13:22

Notalius wrote:
SlimChazi wrote:Krit, Rashad & Gibbs

Gibbs ain't from the south as far as I know though

True
Chazi
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Oct 25th, '14, 15:22

Killer Mike
Krit
Ace Hood
Pusha t

Gibbs is Midwest not south
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Rafael » Oct 25th, '14, 15:30

Country Cousins
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Trimss » Oct 25th, '14, 16:23

Elision wrote:not sure how you guys think yela is a better rapper than rittz in any aspect. fastforward to any point, lyrically rittz is one of the most dominant mc's doing it right now. the dude's a fucking juggernaut.

Yelawolf is more versatile than Rittz is. I fuck with both heavily but listening to a Rittz project can get a bit boring while I feel like Yelawolf can switch up styles a lot more than Rittz. Usually, I like Yela's hooks more too.

Yela is all around better than Rittz, Rittz is only better at double time rapping tbfhfehfh
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Elision » Oct 25th, '14, 17:51

Trimss wrote:

Yelawolf is more versatile than Rittz is.
that's true. rittz has been pretty one-dimensional so far.
Trimss wrote:Rittz is only better at double time
mm.. i disagree there. i'd say from a technical standpoint he's all around better. rittz has burried yela on all of their tracks together. like objectively.
bigray wrote:I use to like Ritz but I find he's boring now and sounds the same on most songs, where as yela you have no idea what to expect when he drops a song....
in rittz's defense he wants you to expect him. at least with this recent project. excerpt from this interview:

What did you learn from the making and the reception of your last album and how did that apply to the making of Next to Nothing?

Well one thing that went into it is I found my lane. I learned that the last album was successful and my fanbase has been growing strictly off the last album so I’m like “Don’t switch up nothing too much. You’re just getting started. Keep going with the same formula. Take time picking your beats. Take time doing that.”

The success of the last album put me in a space where I know what people want to hear from me, but it also let me know that on certain things I can slow it down a little bit here and there. On the first album, especially the first album on Strange Music, a label that’s known for chopping and coming up under Tech, I was really trying to show off, like “Let’s get in and be as fast and intricate as you can.” I still try to do that on each album but on this album I try to also slow it down on ones and give some songs certain feels that were necessary.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Rafael » Oct 25th, '14, 21:34

^That right there is possible the most pitiful excuse for restraining artistry.

"I don't want to change or grow as an artist because I'm scared the fans won't like it."

Talk about compromise at its finest. 50 cent stated in an interview once that he didn't switch his style up because he had fans that loved it. And look where he is now, still stuck in 2003 with his overused gangster persona.

Its important to experiment and use different styles, topics and ideas in order to have a worthwhile discography. A good example of this would be The Beatles. If they stayed playing merseybeat music for the entire length of their career, we would never have innovative classics such as Revolver, Sgt. Pepper, and The White Album.

Even Yelawolf has stated himself that Rittz's music in 10 years will sound the same as it did on White Jesus because he's not as eccentric as Yela.

Yelawolf is an overall better rapper and artist than Rittz because he always has something new to showcase and doesn't seem like he's spitting the same verse on every single song.
Last edited by Rafael on Oct 25th, '14, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Elision » Oct 25th, '14, 22:02

Rafael wrote:^That right there is possible the most pitiful excuse for restraining artistry.

"I don't want to change or grow as an artist because I'm scared the fans won't like it."
where the fuck did you read this? rittz is perfectly capable of other styles, he just prefers what he does.
Rafael wrote:Talk about compromise at its finest. 50 cent stated in an interview once that he didn't switch his style up because he had fans that loved it. And look where he is now, still stuck in 2003 with his overused gangster persona.
That's because he's never done anything else. Rittz on the other hand has a plethora of styles, I'd be happy to share them but I doubt it'll make a difference to you at this point.
Rafael wrote:Its important to experiment and use different styles, topics and ideas in order to have a worth while discography.
I agree 100%.
Rafael wrote:Even Yelawolf has stated himself that Rittz's music in 10 years will sound the same as it did on White Jesus because he's not as eccentric as Yela.
calling bullshit. link this now.
Rafael wrote:Yelawolf is an overall better rapper and artist than Rittz because he always has something new to showcase and doesn't seem like he's spitting the same verse on every single song.
k

I think the problem is that a lot of you cats seem to think double-timing is a specific flow. it's not, it's just doubling the amount of syllables that would typically fit into the bar. that's it. i don't understand how it all sounds the same to you, all of these flows are completely different, the only thing they have in common is the fact that they're almost all double-time. which as far as i'm concerned is pretty commendable given that he doesn't slack off for the sake of a rhyme or flow, he's always delivering a clear sentence structure, and still managing to fit twice as much into the length of his verse, and he still rhymes his ass off. what more do you want?
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Rafael » Oct 25th, '14, 22:44

Elision wrote:where the fuck did you read this?

I just basically summing up what he was stating.

In a world where you're fed rappity-rap bullshit every day by a slew of underground rappers, its important to separate yourself from the pack. Rittz literally has nothing interesting enough to catch major attention.

Elision wrote:rittz is perfectly capable of other styles, he just prefers what he does.

Is a live freestyle supposed to change my mind about that? Lol

Another excuse honestly.

"I have so many styles, but here! I'm only going to use this one."
He didn't actually say this. Just clearing it up so you won't get confused again.

Elision wrote:That's because he's never done anything else. Rittz on the other hand has a plethora of styles, I'd be happy to share them but I doubt it'll make a difference to you at this point.

So you're saying Rittz has done more than 50 Cent? :laughing:

And it honestly won't. You're acting like I've never heard a Rittz song in my life. I've listened to both versions of White Jesus, Johnny Valiant and Next to Nothing, and if you're still trying to insist that those projects are more artistic, diverse and technical than anything Yelawolf has put out, than there's no hope man. Rittz could never put out a Stereo, Slumdon Bridge, Arena Rap, or even a Psycho White.

Elision wrote:calling bullshit. link this now.

Brb, looking through hundreds of Yelawolf interviews to find that 15 second quote.

Why would I fucking lie to you? Yelawolf stated that Rittz is a consistant artist, and that if you like White Jesus, you're going to like something he put out 10 years from now. While Yelawolf, on the other hand, is more eccentric and he's going to have projects with a variety of styles. He didn't mean it in a dissing way, he was just staing the truth.

Elision wrote:
Rafael wrote:Yelawolf is an overall better rapper and artist than Rittz because he always has something new to showcase and doesn't seem like he's spitting the same verse on every single song.
k

you literally linked me to what I was stating lol. Who on earth knew that Yelawolf was going to rap completely and utterly drunk on that song? And even though it may have been his worst verse ever, It was completely UNPREDICTABLE.

I can assure you 100 percent I know EXACTLY what Rittz's next song/verse is going to sound like. Please don't try to tell me otherwise.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xq65CeOzrm0

Name another rapper that's rapping over Jimi Hendrix and Pink Floyd remixes.
That song alone has more technicality, versatility and entertainment value than anything I've ever heard from Rittz.

And don't think that I'm only stating artists have value by their versatility and unpredictability. Yelawolf is just way fucking better lmao, but hey, that's just my opinion.

Rittz will go down in history as his weed carrier though, and that's a fact.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

PreviousNext

Return to Hip Hop Domain