The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Tech N9ne announces Worldwide Choppers 2

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: Tech N9ne announces Worldwide Choppers 2

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Oct 28th, '14, 05:39

Elision wrote:
6PRDMD9 wrote:Elision I'm not responding to the inevitable sentence-by-sentence breakdown of my post that you'll have ready for me in the next three to six hours ok.
krizz dat nigga doe ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ he's definitely the most versatile artist i've ever found in music. dude can chop with tech then turn around in the same studio session and record an opera track and everything in between. i've always felt like he could be an incredible headliner by himself but he says he doesn't like performing without tech since it's all he's known. if he was comfortable enough to really branch out on his own he could seriously make waves.

Cool then. I'm really liking Krizz recently, I've listened to Beer Goggles over a hundred times in the last few weeks because it puts me in such a good mood lol.

His additions to certain songs really push them over the edge for me...they'd be great without him on them but the little details he adds with his voice just make them amazing. Straight Out The Gate is the first song that comes to mind for me. The song is incredible for me, everything is perfect. Tech, Serj, production, vibe, everything...but his opera singing on the hook to that has led me to believe that he was an angel that fell out of the sky because of his weight.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby Elision » Oct 28th, '14, 05:50

man i'm just happy to get to talk about anything strange related since there's no forum or anything and nobody down here listens to any heavily lyrical stuff. i loved kicking and screaming, there's so many keepers on that album. fucking powerful. but did you like vitiligo? anxiety is probably in my top 10 all time songs on a good day, especially if we're talking about live performances.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Oct 28th, '14, 06:09

Elision wrote:man i'm just happy to get to talk about anything strange related since there's no forum or anything and nobody down here listens to any heavily lyrical stuff. i loved kicking and screaming, there's so many keepers on that album. fucking powerful. but did you like vitiligo? anxiety is probably in my top 10 all time songs on a good day, especially if we're talking about live performances.

I like and regularly listen to material off every Krizz album besides Shock Treatment. Vitiligo is probably #2 for me, #3 if I can count Neh'Mind. Some filler, but the highs on that are way high enough to outweigh anything wrong with it. Anxiety, Vitiligo, Slow Down, Mirror Mirror (I found an uncensored version), Aintcha Bitch, and If I Ever Go are my favorite songs off that.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby Elision » Oct 28th, '14, 06:23

6PRDMD9 wrote:
Elision wrote:man i'm just happy to get to talk about anything strange related since there's no forum or anything and nobody down here listens to any heavily lyrical stuff. i loved kicking and screaming, there's so many keepers on that album. fucking powerful. but did you like vitiligo? anxiety is probably in my top 10 all time songs on a good day, especially if we're talking about live performances.

I like and regularly listen to material off every Krizz album besides Shock Treatment. Vitiligo is probably #2 for me, #3 if I can count Neh'Mind. Some filler, but the highs on that are way high enough to outweigh anything wrong with it. Anxiety, Vitiligo, Slow Down, Mirror Mirror (I found an uncensored version), Aintcha Bitch, and If I Ever Go are my favorite songs off that.
actually while we're on that subject i found this track last week and krizz goes all over the place with his vocals in like 60 seconds it's beautiful. had that on repeat for a minute, definitely an example of krizz's raw vocal skill overshadowing everyone on the track including tech himself.

bet aint noone expected this though :laughing:
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby 6PRDMD9 » Oct 28th, '14, 06:30

Elision wrote:
6PRDMD9 wrote:

actually while we're on that subject i found this track last week and krizz goes all over the place with his vocals in like 60 seconds it's beautiful. had that on repeat for a minute, definitely an example of krizz's raw vocal skill overshadowing everyone on the track including tech himself.

Yeah man. When Krizz does shit like that it's always fucking awesome to listen to. That verse in particular reminded me of Bone Thugs, at least until he did what sounded like a hook/bridge.
bet aint noone expected this though :laughing:

Lmao. This is actually along the reason why I like Aintcha Bitch as well, that has the roles reversed, I just wish it was longer.
ImageImageImageImage
6PRDMD9
The Professor
The Professor

Postby boonim » Oct 28th, '14, 07:50

What's his best album to listen to and why (I think I like lyrical stuff)? I have listened to only one song by him which I really liked -- Fear -- but never followed up after that. He has too many albums -- and I don't want to be put off just because I happened to listen to the wrong songs or album.
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Elision » Oct 28th, '14, 08:07

boonim wrote:

What's his best album to listen to and why (I think I like lyrical stuff)? I have listened to only one song by him which I really liked -- Fear -- but never followed up after that. He has too many albums -- and I don't want to be put off just because I happened to listen to the wrong songs or album.
tech ages like wine, if you're looking for his sharpest work it'll always be his most recent. what really did it for me was 6's & 7's. that album is relentless he just busts and busts and busts. get the bonus tracks too they're fantastic. other than the streak of back-to-back sex songs and the majority of features it's my favorite tech album so far. then if you want more check out Something Else from last year and Strangeulation from this year. he also puts out a new feature verse nearly every week so there's countless amounts of those in between these albums, PM me if you'd like those as well at any point.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby boonim » Oct 28th, '14, 08:19

Elision wrote:tech ages like wine, if you're looking for his sharpest work it'll always be his most recent. what really did it for me was 6's & 7's. that album is relentless he just busts and busts and busts. get the bonus tracks too they're fantastic. other than the streak of back-to-back sex songs and the majority of features it's my favorite tech album so far. then if you want more check out Something Else from last year and Strangeulation from this year. he also puts out a new feature verse nearly every week so there's countless amounts of those in between these albums, PM me if you'd like those as well at any point.

6's & 7's it is! Thanks :).
Lose Yourself!
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Previous

Return to Hip Hop Domain