The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby classthe_king » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:10

CanadaPure wrote:
classthe_king wrote:
TheGentlePlayer wrote:Crooked I is amazing. People just like to hate on him on here cuz it's "cool".


I don't understand this thinking. Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked? No, it became cool because everyone hated him. Because he fucking sucks.


I think it does happen, where some people start hating on something just because members they like start hating on it. That being said, "you only hate/like it because it's cool to hate/like it" is the go-to defense for people who are rattled that others don't like/hate the same things as them when they don't have anything else to add.


Yeah there are definitely sheep with everything but like that logic can't be applied to everyone because the argument would fall apart. You only hate him when everyone hates him…well in order for everyone to hate him there would have to be people that hated him first, a lot of people actually, because you would never say, you hate him cause a little bit of people hate him. So everyone would have to actually hate him in order to get to the point that everyone hates him so why is it that unreasonable that anyone hates him.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
User avatar
classthe_king
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 14163
Joined: Feb 12th, '09, 02:30
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:12

Damn
User avatar
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Nov 19th, '13, 02:50
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby Elision » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:13

classthe_king wrote:
CanadaPure wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I don't understand this thinking. Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked? No, it became cool because everyone hated him. Because he fucking sucks.


I think it does happen, where some people start hating on something just because members they like start hating on it. That being said, "you only hate/like it because it's cool to hate/like it" is the go-to defense for people who are rattled that others don't like/hate the same things as them when they don't have anything else to add.


Yeah there are definitely sheep with everything but like that logic can't be applied to everyone because the argument would fall apart. You only hate him when everyone hates him…well in order for everyone to hate him there would have to be people that hated him first, a lot of people actually, because you would never say, you hate him cause a little bit of people hate him. So everyone would have to actually hate him in order to get to the point that everyone hates him so why is it that unreasonable that anyone hates him.
Image
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
User avatar
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Nov 29th, '09, 19:20
Location: Houston
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby boonim » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:50

classthe_king wrote:Yeah there are definitely sheep with everything but like that logic can't be applied to everyone because the argument would fall apart. You only hate him when everyone hates him…well in order for everyone to hate him there would have to be people that hated him first, a lot of people actually, because you would never say, you hate him cause a little bit of people hate him. So everyone would have to actually hate him in order to get to the point that everyone hates him so why is it that unreasonable that anyone hates him.


I get your point -- the "sheep" wouldn't hate if only one or two people said so, but only if a substantial number of people said so. And if a substantial people have to say so, then that guy would actually have to suck. (Um..right?)

How can this be reversed though? I think the inertia of hate (or love) for a rapper makes it difficult to turn it around. Once a large number of people (sheep or not) start hating (or loving), it's very difficult to get them to feel the opposite.
Lose Yourself!
User avatar
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Oct 16th, '14, 11:32
Gender: Female

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby Elision » Nov 2nd, '14, 21:28

boonim wrote:How can this be reversed though? I think the inertia of hate (or love) for a rapper makes it difficult to turn it around. Once a large number of people (sheep or not) start hating (or loving), it's very difficult to get them to feel the opposite.
don't try to. that's where you fucked up. if you genuinely enjoy something then enjoy it and don't let anyone else take that away from you. and understand that just because you think something is awesome it doesn't imply that anyone else will. what you can do is encourage people to not write off artists after hearing a track or two if they can sense there may be something more. i can't tell you how many artists i've become a fan of simply because i gave them the chance to grow on me.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
User avatar
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Nov 29th, '09, 19:20
Location: Houston
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 2nd, '14, 23:35

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:How can this be reversed though? I think the inertia of hate (or love) for a rapper makes it difficult to turn it around. Once a large number of people (sheep or not) start hating (or loving), it's very difficult to get them to feel the opposite.
don't try to. that's where you fucked up. if you genuinely enjoy something then enjoy it and don't let anyone else take that away from you. and understand that just because you think something is awesome it doesn't imply that anyone else will. what you can do is encourage people to not write off artists after hearing a track or two if they can sense there may be something more. i can't tell you how many artists i've become a fan of simply because i gave them the chance to grow on me.

inspirational
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
Image
Image
User avatar
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Sep 7th, '13, 21:04
Location: Detroit, What!?
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 2nd, '14, 23:36

It really was
User avatar
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4145
Joined: Nov 19th, '13, 02:50
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby boonim » Nov 3rd, '14, 03:08

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:How can this be reversed though? I think the inertia of hate (or love) for a rapper makes it difficult to turn it around. Once a large number of people (sheep or not) start hating (or loving), it's very difficult to get them to feel the opposite.
don't try to. that's where you fucked up. if you genuinely enjoy something then enjoy it and don't let anyone else take that away from you. and understand that just because you think something is awesome it doesn't imply that anyone else will. what you can do is encourage people to not write off artists after hearing a track or two if they can sense there may be something more. i can't tell you how many artists i've become a fan of simply because i gave them the chance to grow on me.

I'm not trying to. I was talking about the artist -- it's tough to get through the hate and turn a popular opinion around. I wonder if anyone has managed this. It always the other way around (an artist much loved comes to be much hated).
Lose Yourself!
User avatar
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Oct 16th, '14, 11:32
Gender: Female

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby classthe_king » Nov 3rd, '14, 04:11

It's possible, you just need a drastic change in style ala Mac Miller
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
User avatar
classthe_king
Addict
Addict
 
Posts: 14163
Joined: Feb 12th, '09, 02:30
Location: Ohio
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby Elision » Nov 3rd, '14, 04:13

boonim wrote:I was talking about the artist -- it's tough to get through the hate and turn a popular opinion around. I wonder if anyone has managed this.
ImageImage
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
User avatar
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Nov 29th, '09, 19:20
Location: Houston
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 3rd, '14, 04:22

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:I was talking about the artist -- it's tough to get through the hate and turn a popular opinion around. I wonder if anyone has managed this.
ImageImage

lmao.

but true as fuck, em has fucked all his haters on multiple occasions and is now a modern day legend
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
Image
Image
User avatar
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Sep 7th, '13, 21:04
Location: Detroit, What!?
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby boonim » Nov 3rd, '14, 04:27

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:I was talking about the artist -- it's tough to get through the hate and turn a popular opinion around. I wonder if anyone has managed this.
ImageImage

:). It was a popular opinion that a majority of people subscribed to? And he turned around "mostly hate" to "mostly love"...how?
Lose Yourself!
User avatar
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Oct 16th, '14, 11:32
Gender: Female

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby boonim » Nov 3rd, '14, 04:29

classthe_king wrote:It's possible, you just need a drastic change in style ala Mac Miller

This is interesting...what and how did he do this (I'm not familiar with his music)?
Lose Yourself!
User avatar
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Oct 16th, '14, 11:32
Gender: Female

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby Elision » Nov 3rd, '14, 05:23

boonim wrote:It was a popular opinion that a majority of people subscribed to?
yes. anybody who was openly an em fan circa 1999-2002 can agree with me on this one, it wasn't a good look. nowadays it's more rare to meet someone who isn't an em fan on some level.
boonim wrote:And he turned around "mostly hate" to "mostly love"...how?
by being prolific, resilient and able to adapt.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
User avatar
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 6708
Joined: Nov 29th, '09, 19:20
Location: Houston
Gender: Male

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby boonim » Nov 3rd, '14, 05:36

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:It was a popular opinion that a majority of people subscribed to?
yes. anybody who was openly an em fan circa 1999-2002 can agree with me on this one, it wasn't a good look. nowadays it's more rare to meet someone who isn't an em fan on some level.


Interesting. I only have second hand information, of course, but I always assumed that it was a minority, but a very vocal (and influential?) minority who went on this "hate Eminem" binge. The majority, at worst, did not jump to his defence, but loved his music enough to buy it.
Lose Yourself!
User avatar
boonim
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Oct 16th, '14, 11:32
Gender: Female

PreviousNext

Return to Hip Hop Domain



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users