The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: crooked i >>>>>>>>>> eminem in his prime

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 1st, '14, 02:42

Mr Change wrote:
TheGentlePlayer wrote:Crooked I is amazing. People just like to hate on him on here cuz it's "cool".

not hating on Crooked, I have no problem with him. I'll even go as far as to say his Apex Predator album is underrated. But he's nowhere near Em.
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby classthe_king » Nov 1st, '14, 18:02

TheGentlePlayer wrote:Crooked I is amazing. People just like to hate on him on here cuz it's "cool".

I don't understand this thinking. Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked? No, it became cool because everyone hated him. Because he fucking sucks.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » Nov 1st, '14, 19:13

classthe_king wrote:Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked?
Not necessarily that methodically but yeah that's the idea. Hating certain parts of music becomes a trend here and you know it. You've even had it happen with artists you love. Em's next song could cure cancer and it'd still get hated by like 35-40% of the forum.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby CanadaPure » Nov 1st, '14, 19:23

classthe_king wrote:

I don't understand this thinking. Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked? No, it became cool because everyone hated him. Because he fucking sucks.

I think it does happen, where some people start hating on something just because members they like start hating on it. That being said, "you only hate/like it because it's cool to hate/like it" is the go-to defense for people who are rattled that others don't like/hate the same things as them when they don't have anything else to add.

As for the thread itself, I've never listened to older Crooked I, but I despise current Crooked I.
That was me in BK on Atlantic. (☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ☜(゚ヮ゚☜) BasedSig
CanadaPure
Cumlord Mila
Cumlord Mila

Postby King Lance » Nov 1st, '14, 20:02

Didn't expect you to take this thread seriously 8-[

King Lance
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Elision » Nov 1st, '14, 20:17

King Lance wrote:Didn't expect you to take this thread seriously 8-[
like i said i misread the title and thus took a major L off the bat. still a fun topic though
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Crazee » Nov 1st, '14, 20:39

When Crooked I first came around, a lot of multi obsessed nerds thought he was dope because he was so slick with dropping them in every verse. Now admittedly, I am a multi obsessed nerd , but I never bought into Crooked. I just think his flow is the same on every song and he has very little to say (like most of punchline rappers from New York in the 90's).

So.....No. He's not better than Em in his prime. He's not even better than T.I in his prime.

Speaking of that Sticky verse, I remember I used to think "I get more pussy than them dyke bitches Total" wasn't even about the group Total. I thought he was saying he gets more pussy than all dykes bitches total...like, more pussy than ALL dyke bitches combined get. Which actually is even better, so I choose to interpret the line to mean that.
Crazee
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby 12characters » Nov 1st, '14, 20:42

Crazee wrote:I remember I used to think "I get more pussy than them dyke bitches Total" wasn't even about the group Total. I thought he was saying he gets more pussy than all dykes bitches total...like, more pussy than ALL dyke bitches combined get.

:laughing:
Golden God!Image
CanadaPure wrote:I'd fuck 12Characters
12characters
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Elision » Nov 1st, '14, 20:43

bigray wrote:He gets boring fast.
i agree with that. i still haven't been able to listen all the way through apex predator in one sitting. still love his feature verses and stuff though, he always comes through. he killed tech on blammers and burners

Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby AnAngryBlonde » Nov 1st, '14, 21:08

Elision wrote:
bigray wrote:He gets boring fast.
i agree with that. i still haven't been able to listen all the way through apex predator in one sitting. still love his feature verses and stuff though, he always comes through. he killed tech on blammers and burners

Crooked I is defiantly one of those rappers who usually has quality guest/group verses but more times then not falls flat on carrying songs by them-self.

With that being said, he's also one of those rappers who you can usually predict what they'll say on a verse/song before you hear it and has very little to no diversity in sound or subject matter or anything that makes them standout.
I'm tryna clean up my fuckin' image so I promised the fuckin' critics
I wouldn't say fuckin' for six minutes (Six minutes, Slim Shady, you're on)
My baby's mom, bitch made me an angry blonde
So I made me a song, killed her and put Hailie on
AnAngryBlonde
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 1st, '14, 21:33

bigray wrote:I think crooked mention big, em, nas , jay and pac in like every other song....he's brutal and says nothing on every song. He gets boring fast.

co-sign
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TranSlucEnt » Nov 2nd, '14, 00:23

Apex Predator left A LOT to be desired
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby classthe_king » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:10

CanadaPure wrote:
classthe_king wrote:

I think it does happen, where some people start hating on something just because members they like start hating on it. That being said, "you only hate/like it because it's cool to hate/like it" is the go-to defense for people who are rattled that others don't like/hate the same things as them when they don't have anything else to add.

Yeah there are definitely sheep with everything but like that logic can't be applied to everyone because the argument would fall apart. You only hate him when everyone hates him…well in order for everyone to hate him there would have to be people that hated him first, a lot of people actually, because you would never say, you hate him cause a little bit of people hate him. So everyone would have to actually hate him in order to get to the point that everyone hates him so why is it that unreasonable that anyone hates him.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:12

Damn
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Elision » Nov 2nd, '14, 19:13

classthe_king wrote:
CanadaPure wrote:
classthe_king wrote:I don't understand this thinking. Do you think everyone just got together and decided to make it cool to hate on a rapper that they all liked? No, it became cool because everyone hated him. Because he fucking sucks.

Yeah there are definitely sheep with everything but like that logic can't be applied to everyone because the argument would fall apart. You only hate him when everyone hates him…well in order for everyone to hate him there would have to be people that hated him first, a lot of people actually, because you would never say, you hate him cause a little bit of people hate him. So everyone would have to actually hate him in order to get to the point that everyone hates him so why is it that unreasonable that anyone hates him.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Hip Hop Domain