The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Killer Mike & El-P confirm Run The Jewels 3

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Killer Mike & El-P confirm Run The Jewels 3

Postby Rafael » Nov 5th, '14, 16:14

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.3 ... -jewels-3-

As part of a Reddit “Ask Me Anything (AMA)” this week, Killer Mike and El-P (collectively known as Run The Jewels) confirmed that a Run The Jewels 3 album will be released. El-P revealed the news when asked about possible guests for the next project from Run The Jewels.

“no fucking idea yet about future guests but i can say this: YES WE WILL BE DOING RUN THE JEWELS 3. first we have to tour the world though,” El-P said, according to XXLMag.com.

The pair was also asked to name their biggest influences and also share their thoughts on Kanye West’s most recent studio release, Yeezus.

El-P said Yeezus “had jams” while Killer Mike stated that he had never heard the album.

“my influences are pretty wide ranging but almost all come from shit i grew up on,” El-P said during the AMA. “prince, devo, run dmc, fat boys, mantronix, the clash, bdp, ll cool j, art of noise… too many to name, really. i thought yeezus had jams for sure.”

“my biggest influences are probably scarface and sade. and i never heard yeezus. was it good?” Killer Mike added.

When asked about Taylor Swift, Killer Mike revealed that the singer “is hella cool” and suggested that she recruit Cam’ron for a remix to her 1989 record, “Welcome To New York.”

“i think taylor is hella cool. I’m looking for cam to feature on her remix. that will liven that shit up some. DIPSET,” Killer Mike said.

“taylor swift is cool with me. just not feeling her new york “anthem”. i prefer jay and cams,” El-P added.

In :flutter:
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Re: Killer Mike & El-P confirm Run The Jewels 3

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 5th, '14, 16:23

MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader

Re: Killer Mike & El-P confirm Run The Jewels 3