The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Freddie Gibbs shot at in Williamsburg

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Freddie Gibbs shot at in Williamsburg

Postby yoda you can call me » Nov 5th, '14, 19:29

‘They tried to kill Tupac. They tried to kill me.': Rapper shot at in Williamsburg

Two people were shot in a trendy section of Williamsburg, Brooklyn, early Tuesday, in what was purportedly a rap beef.

Hip-hop musician Freddie Gibbs, who had just performed at a record store called Rough Trade, claimed he was the intended target when shots were fired at 1:13 a.m. while he was sitting in a black GMC Denali at North 9th Street near Wythe Avenue.

Gibbs’ crew had barely rolled one block away when the gunman — dressed in a dark hoodie — ran up to their ride and fired several shots inside, the rapper said.

“They tried to kill Tupac. They tried to kill me,” Gibbs told The Post outside the club. “I’m still alive.”

Asked why he would be targeted, Gibbs said: “I’m Freddie Gibbs. They tried to kill me, but I’m still alive.”

Gibbs said he jumped out and ran to safety back at Rough Trade. He spotted the gunman fleeing east on 9th Street.

The gunman was seen on security video inside Rough Trade, trying to blend into Gibbs’ entourage while his crew was hanging out inside the club’s Guardian Green Room, police said.

He [the shooter] was standing around you guys all night,” an investigator told Gibbs. “He was stalking you guys. We can tell on camera, he wanted it to look like he knew you, but it’s clear he didn’t. When you guys left, he was waiting for you outside.”

Cops showed Gibbs pictures of the gunman, and another man seen inside the club with him, but the rapper didn’t recognize either man.

Rough Trade doesn’t have metal detectors and doesn’t check customers for weapons, police said.

“They don’t have metal detectors, they don’t use wands,” the investigator said, “nothing prevents somebody from bringing in a gun.”

The gunman could have shot Gibbs inside, but instead opened fire when they were all outside.

“At one point, he [the shooter] was standing right next to you,” the investigator said. “The opportunity was there if he wanted to shoot.”

One victim was hit in the leg during the attack, and the other in the hand. Both are expected to survive their wounds, police said.

Both victims were transported to Bellevue Hospital and listed in stable condition. Police did not identify the victims.

There were no immediate arrests.

Source
The Matrix Has You

Image Image Image
yoda you can call me
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Freddie Gibbs shot at in Williamsburg

Postby Rafael » Nov 5th, '14, 19:43

Gibbs a real nigga
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby PAINKILLƎR » Nov 5th, '14, 19:43

Gangsta Gibbs hoe
PAINKILLƎR
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby TonyTilt » Nov 5th, '14, 20:17

Gibbs is that dude tho
Solace wrote:Finna catch Tony brushing his teeth in the middle of chugging Jack Daniels

#Slumerican
TonyTilt
Renegade
Renegade

Postby mdemaz » Nov 6th, '14, 03:34

fucking cowards
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 6th, '14, 09:38

This dudes music is sick, but imagine how much people would ohave overrated him if he'd actually died?
2Pac 2.0
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MistaVijilantee » Nov 6th, '14, 11:38

True Wiz wrote:
MistaVijilantee wrote:This dudes music is sick, but imagine how much people would ohave overrated him if he'd actually died?
2Pac 2.0

lol nah

I mean if he died people would say ridiculous shit like 'Gibbs was the greatest ever yada yada' like what's happened with 2Pac.
YAWK YAWK YAWK YAWK

Check out my latest song: https://www.triplejunearthed.com/artist ... vijilantee

Vijilantee on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTN150 ... gEP76MWJZw

Like Vijilantee on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/iamjvp
MistaVijilantee
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Rafael » Nov 6th, '14, 13:55

If he dies now, he'll probably be overrated like Eyedea.
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican

Postby Music_box » Nov 6th, '14, 14:05

Rafael wrote:If he dies now, he'll probably be overrated like Eyedea.

Or like any overrated rapper who died
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Notalius » Nov 6th, '14, 18:27

Rafael wrote:If he dies now, he'll probably be overrated like Eyedea.

this ain't gonna end well

My Last Shoutout - My Last Will

http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=175438

So kids, am I worth it ? Did I put enough work in ?

#GiveCanadaPureTheDick | 04.12.2014 - The day TR was closed forever

We are here now --> http://www.hiphopshelter.com
Notalius
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Change » Nov 6th, '14, 19:09

I sense some ether comin in dis fred
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr.DGAF » Nov 6th, '14, 21:28

bigray wrote:you guys kill me with this 2pac overrated....ffs you should eliminate that term from your vocabulary i cringe each time.

Just because you're from the suburbs and you cant relate to any of pacs music it doesn't mean he's over rated lol and yeah there's tons of people from the suburbs who like pac.

Ray preachin.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby dead prez » Nov 6th, '14, 23:44

First, I'm glad Gibbs is alive and safe cause it'd be a pretty sad day if he went 2pac on us cause the world woulda been robbed of potential great music, but most importantly it precludes the growing mass of idiots running around to proclaim any sort of praise he garnered after his death to be because of LOL DEATH HYPE. I'm sick of this bullshit, firstly if Gibbs did kick the bucket hell yeah, he'd be venerated to hell and back. Absolutely, while (obviously) not on the realm of 2pac or Biggie, he'd AT LEAST be Big L/Big Pun status probably more. Since he already released a fuckton of material many of which are undeniably quality, and he's only getting better. Pinata would be propped up to masterpiece status by the Hip Hop community like Donuts is, cause they do have some sort of necrophilia fetish. And ESGN would be regarded as some lost trap classic, like it should now. Count in his numerous mixtapes and Ep and yeah you'd have bandwagoners having a fucking field day. So yeah, I'd say he'd definitely be AT LEAST Big L status within the community.

Furthermore I wanna end this rampant overrated bullshit with the dead, Big ups to Ray's post about Pac. It seems to be a generational thing and a race (lol) thing here, since most 20 year old under mouthbreathers are quick to declare 2pac is overrated yet turn around and give Kendrick the reach around as Hip Hop's saviour, when his style is so similar (not derivative but he's obv influenced) it's not even funny. Than you got jaded 30 year old oldfags who are quick to say, THERE'LL NEVER BE ANOTHER PAC. And ofc most people who write off pac aren't even the intended audience for him and are privelaged suburban white boys who post on KTT or foreigners who don't even get American Culture, which is why I cringe when they think their opinions any sort of modcium of worth when talkin about the genre.

Secondly you guys act like dying automatically equals a free pass to entering the pantheon of dead legendary rappers like Pac/Biggie/Big L/Dilla/Eyedea. Lol, at how clueless and naive you guys are. How many of you heard of Scientifik? A rapper that died around the 90s near Big L's time and even had bangers by RZA in his album? Guess how many people remember his name? Or even better how about Charizma who collabed with Peanut Butter Wolf? Again how many of you niggas even heard of him, let alone listened to him? There's a reason these musicians got hyped to hell and back, lot of them deserving it btw. All of them were robbed of their potential and were increasingly getting better as they went on or at the least were ahead of their time. Absolutely true with Dilla who was so ahead of his time it's not even funny, let alone making an album like donuts in his deathbed with some shoddy mpc is nothing short of inspirational and amazing. Than Big L who also was ahead of the punchline game and his syllable placement and delivery with regards to punchlines were absolutely innovative and he's pretty much the antecedent to SSLP eminem as well as rappers like Copywrite and Celph Titled. Biggie got exponentially better nearing his death not to mention the full potential of LAD was robbed by having puffy shit up the album, so ofc people love to speculate whether or not he was going to release some titanic masterpiece later on or not. And if you don't wanna give the benefit of the doubt to them than I guess rap woulda been better if Black Thought died right after The Tipping Point, Kanye never got to make MBDTF, or hell even DOOM died when he was still with Black Bastards instead of donning the MF DOOM persona. So bascially shut ur unedcated traps when it comes to dead rappers and why they're venerated or not.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby classthe_king » Nov 7th, '14, 00:14

glorious
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby dead prez » Nov 7th, '14, 00:20

that took me less than 3 minutes to type out rofl, but yeah. Yelawolf sucks btw, listen to like danny brown or something.
dead prez
Renegade
Renegade

Next

Return to Hip Hop Domain