The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Tech N9ne Appreciate Thread

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: Tech N9ne Appreciate Thread

Postby Elision » Nov 9th, '14, 01:49

MistaVijilantee wrote:All 6's & 7's, Everready & KOD are my favourites.
Something Else, Killer and Strangeulation are all equally as strong for me :y:
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Change » Nov 9th, '14, 02:07

Ya'll sleepin on Everready and Anghellic

Tech at his hungriest
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Elision » Nov 9th, '14, 02:48

Mr Change wrote:Ya'll sleepin on Everready and Anghellic

Tech at his hungriest
hungriest was Absolute Power. Angehellic (while I love it when I'm in the mood) is a very sloppy project in every aspect, and Everready was the first time Tech finally found his voice with Come Gangsta, that song alone is why he decided to offer Seven a full time job as Strange's main producer. Everready and everything since has been Tech expanding and sharpening what he is.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Elision » Nov 10th, '14, 15:42

boonim wrote:looks like he puts a lot of work into choreography and showmanship. Like pop stars without the pop and lip-syncing.
That's what Fragile was all about. His first major publication was a writer for the LA Times who featured an article saying that Tech's clarity and cadence live could only be achieved by lip-syncing... and that's just one of the countless things the industry's done to keep Tech down. You can watch this for his story up to when he started work on Killer (2008) and it'll give you an idea of the ridiculous struggles Tech's endured over the last 20 years to get to where he's at today.

From teaching Tupac how to rhyme more than one syllable to being the first independent platinum MC this dude's been shit on by more people than Hitler. And he's prevailed from more than any other artist I know of by a fucking long shot. I would've probably killed myself a long time ago if I were him, but he just keeps going. and keeps pushing. and keeps pushing. and keeps pushing. his grind is almost to a point of a mental problem, he's given up everything for this. He divorced his wife, signed over his kids, everything so that he could be married to his fans and music. Explained in this song.

Yet to this day, over 2000 songs and 3000 shows later he remains one of the most spit-upon MC's. I've never seen an artist receive more raw hate than Tech N9ne. No matter how many subjects he touches on, no matter how vividly and beautifully he writes them out, no matter how far he pushes his flows and rhyme schemes, he just can't seem to catch any real attention anywhere. But he'll keep trying. He'll keep pushing until his heart stops. My fear is only then will he get the respect he's earned, at which point it'll be too late.

Take his recent Jimmy Kimmel performance for example, his first time on national TV back in June right after his mom passed. He did Mental Giant for her there and the video started to go viral over night, at which point they simply took it down. Go try to find it on youtube. He can't figure out why, we can't figure out why, but "Strange Music is independent so fuck em" is how they're treated. That's just Tech's life. He's so beyond bitter, so beyond frustrated, he just ignores it at this point and keeps pushing forward hoping for that big break.
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Change » Nov 10th, '14, 16:01

Elision wrote:
boonim wrote:looks like he puts a lot of work into choreography and showmanship. Like pop stars without the pop and lip-syncing.
That's what Fragile was all about. His first major publication was a writer for the LA Times who featured an article saying that Tech's clarity and cadence live could only be achieved by lip-syncing... and that's just one of the countless things the industry's done to keep Tech down. You can watch this for his story up to when he started work on Killer (2008) and it'll give you an idea of the ridiculous struggles Tech's endured over the last 20 years to get to where he's at today.

From teaching Tupac how to rhyme more than one syllable to being the first independent platinum MC this dude's been shit on by more people than Hitler. And he's prevailed from more than any other artist I know of by a fucking long shot. I would've probably killed myself a long time ago if I were him, but he just keeps going. and keeps pushing. and keeps pushing. and keeps pushing. his grind is almost to a point of a mental problem, he's given up everything for this. He divorced his wife, signed over his kids, everything so that he could be married to his fans and music. Explained in this song.

Yet to this day, over 2000 songs and 3000 shows later he remains one of the most spit-upon MC's. I've never seen an artist receive more raw hate than Tech N9ne. No matter how many subjects he touches on, no matter how vividly and beautifully he writes them out, no matter how far he pushes his flows and rhyme schemes, he just can't seem to catch any real attention anywhere. But he'll keep trying. He'll keep pushing until his heart stops. My fear is only then will he get the respect he's earned, at which point it'll be too late.

Take his recent Jimmy Kimmel performance for example, his first time on national TV back in June right after his mom passed. He did Mental Giant for her there and the video started to go viral over night, at which point they simply took it down. Go try to find it on youtube. He can't figure out why, we can't figure out why, but "Strange Music is independent so fuck em" is how they're treated. That's just Tech's life. He's so beyond bitter, so beyond frustrated, he just ignores it at this point and keeps pushing forward hoping for that big break.

Wow...Tech is the man
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr Change » Nov 17th, '14, 17:49

bump

any word on the features for this new album?

Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Previous

Return to Hip Hop Domain