The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

10 Reasons Jay Z Is Better Than Nas (Complex)

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: 10 Reasons Jay Z Is Better Than Nas (Complex)

Postby Elision » Nov 9th, '14, 17:16

the problem with people like class is that he thinks his opinions are facts, but doesn't extend that same courtesy to those he interacts with. so unless you agree with him you're automatically less-than by default so he feels the need to teach you, which results in an extremely patronizing condescension given that he's not even going to consider the possibility of entertaining the idea that you might be right - you're a child to him. and he's a contrarian at his core who has an incredibly difficult time accepting L's, which is why every thread he gets involved in ends up as this infinite perpetual regress of him painting over one thing he's said with something else and then repainting that as another thing until people just get tired of the antic and leave. it's not that he's trying to portray himself as the alpha omega opinion on everything -- it's that that's just how he genuinely sees himself, it's not an act. it's a form of narcissism. it doesn't matter that he's only been listening to rap music for the last 5 years, because in his mind he's already a seasoned veteran so you'll rarely if ever see his opinions budge publicly.

..but of course i like tech n9ne so everything i say is backwards right king class? yeah i know.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Music_box » Nov 9th, '14, 17:21

Elision wrote:the problem with people like class is that he thinks his opinions are facts

Fucking this.
#ProtectSSLP
Music_box
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby classthe_king » Nov 9th, '14, 17:39

Elision wrote:the problem with people like class is that he thinks his opinions are facts, but doesn't extend that same courtesy to those he interacts with. so unless you agree with him you're automatically less-than by default so he feels the need to teach you, which results in an extremely patronizing condescension given that he's not even going to consider the possibility of entertaining the idea that you might be right - you're a child to him. and he's a contrarian at his core who has an incredibly difficult time accepting L's, which is why every thread he gets involved in ends up as this infinite perpetual regress of him painting over one thing he's said with something else and then repainting that as another thing until people just get tired of the antic and leave. it's not that he's trying to portray himself as the alpha omega opinion on everything -- it's that that's just how he genuinely sees himself, it's not an act. it's a form of narcissism. it doesn't matter that he's only been listening to rap music for the last 5 years, because in his mind he's already a seasoned veteran so you'll rarely if ever see his opinions budge publicly.

..but of course i like tech n9ne so everything i say is backwards right king class? yeah i know.

No, you're almost right though. The difference is that I back up my opinions with facts. The problem is that no one else can come even close to doing that and just has their opinion backed up by bullshit and "personal preference" and they can't logically support any stance they take. So of course I'm going to put more weight into my own opinion when it's a well developed a supported opinion. If you look at someone like aone10 we have very different opinions on a lot of things but he can actually support his opinion in a strong way so I respect him and it usually produces good discussion. Dead prez and I actually have a lot of very different opinions and we even got into a debate on here awhile back about cannibal ox and Sadistik but the argument didn't devolve into shit because we both still can support our opinions so we still respect eachother. Hardly anyone on this idiotic site can do that so of course I'm going to treat them like children when they reason like children.
You think your personal attacks make up for what you lack?
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » Nov 9th, '14, 17:56

classthe_king wrote:
Elision wrote:the problem with people like class is that he thinks his opinions are facts, but doesn't extend that same courtesy to those he interacts with. so unless you agree with him you're automatically less-than by default so he feels the need to teach you, which results in an extremely patronizing condescension given that he's not even going to consider the possibility of entertaining the idea that you might be right - you're a child to him. and he's a contrarian at his core who has an incredibly difficult time accepting L's, which is why every thread he gets involved in ends up as this infinite perpetual regress of him painting over one thing he's said with something else and then repainting that as another thing until people just get tired of the antic and leave. it's not that he's trying to portray himself as the alpha omega opinion on everything -- it's that that's just how he genuinely sees himself, it's not an act. it's a form of narcissism. it doesn't matter that he's only been listening to rap music for the last 5 years, because in his mind he's already a seasoned veteran so you'll rarely if ever see his opinions budge publicly.

No, you're almost right though. The difference is that I back up my opinions with facts. The problem is that no one else can come even close to doing that and just has their opinion backed up by bullshit and "personal preference" and they can't logically support any stance they take.
:flutter: tell me more.
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby Mr Change » Nov 9th, '14, 19:31

jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Nov 9th, '14, 19:31

Basedshady wrote:Well actually that is something I did notice Class. If I could give one real critique and not just continue to throw blind insults at each other like...dude chill the fuck out with thinking your subjective opinions of your favorite albums or rappers are objective.

When it comes to my top 10s I list what is essential and what I listen to the most of, I could care less what you do. It ruins the whole point of discussion and seeing other people's views and worthy and possibly even picking up some new music in the process if their praise is convincing enough.

Basedshady wrote:I mean at least Nas has put out one good album.

the same thing could be said about any member. of course music is subjective but reiterating that over and over again is fucking pointless, everything i post is obviously my opinion that goes without saying.

Basedshady wrote:It is not good. This kid and his whole group got famous off of shock rap nobody cares about anymore and they should all stop trying to stretch that fame by attempting to put out actual hip hop because it all fucking sucks cock.

sounds like you're trying to pass off your subjective opinion as objective lmfao
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby shadyblogger » Nov 10th, '14, 00:31

Atmosphere is GOAT doe
shadyblogger
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby classthe_king » Nov 10th, '14, 02:40

i never said anything about run the jewels until you brought up the shit posting tho I think the first one is amazing and the second one is pretty good. and i never attack people unless they give me a reason too but keep on
classthe_king
Addict
Addict

Postby Mr Change » Nov 10th, '14, 03:32

classthe_king wrote:i never said anything about run the jewels until you brought up the shit posting tho I think the first one is amazing and the second one is pretty good. and i never attack people unless they give me a reason too but keep on

but you'll attack opinions all day :laughing:
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mdemaz » Nov 10th, '14, 08:11

this thread is shit lock it
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby Intruder » Nov 10th, '14, 13:31

EVERYONE STOP AND CHECK THIS!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqScH2CfYTg
Jay z sucks
There's an intruder... in my house
He cut my phone line
... can't dial out
I scream for police
... but I doubt
They're gonna hear me
... when I shout
-Eminem

Even Eminem is scared of me...
Intruder
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby CrashBand » Nov 11th, '14, 07:55

classthe_king wrote:well that's embarrassing
I'm not tryin to be rude, but I sincerely wanna fuck the taste out of your mouth
CrashBand
Role Model
Role Model

Previous

Return to Hip Hop Domain