The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Beasty Boys suck!

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: Beasty Boys suck!

Postby Mr Change » Nov 14th, '14, 16:06

EminemBase wrote:Lol!

Yeah on the real I've never listened to them properly but they always sounded corny as fuck to me.

I know they were being sarcastic but I mean corny as in bad as in... not effective at being sarcastic and just not sounding very skilled or clever lmao. But they were also the 80s yo, LL sounds cheesy to me too.

But that's not my final statement on them, I really have no idea, just the bits I have heard sound cheese but I can also see why they would spark inspiration at the time and feel fresh.

:n: EmBase lost
jinofthewind wrote:And Koolo's sources said... Nothing you idiots Koolo's sources are dead they're locked in my basement

"Soon as I stopped saying I gave a fuck
Haters started to appreciate my art
And it just breaks my heart to look at all the pain I caused
But what am I gonna do when the rage is gone?
And the lights go out in that trailer park?"
Mr Change
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby EminemBase » Nov 14th, '14, 16:11

Elision wrote:what you need to understand about them is that they weren't pulling anything from anybody. what they were creating was truly original for its time. they weren't looking at another group/artist and saying "alright let's take that and mix it with this" - they were genuine pioneers. so yeah they may have been corny at times but holy shit it could've been a lot worse. they definitely pulled it off which paved with way for people like em, which paved the way for countless artists. you never hear about the racism they endured because they didn't give a fuck. they just kept putting out music.

Well being original is one thing and I'm not disputing that.

But original is not automatically good. You can be original and what you originate is shit.

Not saying they are shit by the way. And of course the biggest factor in this is... I wasn't alive/a youth in that era, so to me in this time period they may sound corny but to myself existing in that time period... maybe they would have translated and been the pinnacle at what they did, as they seemed to be to Em and Em is to me.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Elision » Nov 14th, '14, 16:38

EminemBase wrote:
Elision wrote:what you need to understand about them is that they weren't pulling anything from anybody. what they were creating was truly original for its time. they weren't looking at another group/artist and saying "alright let's take that and mix it with this" - they were genuine pioneers. so yeah they may have been corny at times but holy shit it could've been a lot worse. they definitely pulled it off which paved with way for people like em, which paved the way for countless artists. you never hear about the racism they endured because they didn't give a fuck. they just kept putting out music.

Well being original is one thing and I'm not disputing that.

But original is not automatically good. You can be original and what you originate is shit.

Not saying they are shit by the way.
... then what's your point? what a fucking hollow post. what in mine gave the hint that i disagree with this?
i'm comin in, drivin my short bus
with this nose i don't need a torch up
bustin through, light the industry's porsche up
comin after who didn't support us...
imma change your brain bring
every wicked bit of strange to mainstream
-Tech N9ne #SpecialEffects2015
Elision
Band Leader
Band Leader

Previous

Return to Hip Hop Domain