The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New J Cole album

For discussion of mainstream Hip Hop or Urban music.

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Atone » Nov 24th, '14, 19:51

Definitly a J Cole fan
Image
User avatar
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence
 
Posts: 4855
Joined: Jun 1st, '10, 08:47
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Chazi » Nov 24th, '14, 20:01

Mr.DGAF wrote:
Chazi wrote:http://www.complex.com/covers/j-cole-interview-2014-cover-story/


Everything I read about this album makes me more and more excited.

true
Chazi
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 865
Joined: Sep 23rd, '13, 13:10
Location: Germany
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 27th, '14, 08:48

College Dropout wrote:Yeah. Cole like many other rappers is worried about "his people" getting killed by the cops, forgetting that white people are getting killed everyday too... His message was just racist and therefore ignorant.
I still love him as an artist.


How is that ignorant and racist? Matter fact, where did you get the idea that he forgot that white people get killed by cops as well? He's black, and blacks constantly get profiled in America. You live in Italy (going off your location), and you're probably white. So that's probably not a concept you're able to understand, due to culture differences. (And before you say anything, I used to live in the States.) Of course he's going to talk about it, because it's a legitimate issue in North America. You wouldn't get profiled off the color of your skin, he would. And all these rappers would too. And that's why he spoke on it. That's not ignorant and racist, that's true. And you only need to look at statistics and ask any minority living in North America about it.

Mr Change wrote:One of the absolute most annoying parts of rap music. The time around when the dude killed Treyvon was awful :facepalm


Because once again, it was a legitimate issue. We don't live in a post-racial society. If we did, this wouldn't be an issue. Killing a kid, is wrong. Killing an unarmed kid, is wrong. And killing an unarmed kid because you have some negative beliefs about his race, is wrong. Regardless of skin color. The Jodi Arias trial was huge, and that was over a white woman killing a white man by stabbing him 67 times. Casey Anthony was a huge trial as well, white woman who killed her daughter. And also Amanda Knox, a white American girl studying abroad who was accused of killing her roommate in Italy with her boyfriend. There was a bunch of trials that make the headlines and they weren't focused on Black vs. White. The trials with the most outrageous stuff is the one that picks up media steam. Trayvon's case was huge was because he was 17, going to the store, was visiting his dad and got popped for 'looking suspicious'. That's all. Originally, the Trayvon trial wasn't supposed to pick up steam. And if cops hadn't been killing a bunch of blacks this summer, the Mike Brown incident might not be so huge either. It's just proof of a bigger issue here.


Jaba wrote:I agree with the last 2 post soo much! Some black prove are too ignorant and only care about blacks. I also hate how every black rapper has to make a song about slavery? Like wtf u were beer a slave ms neither was ur dad or grandpa lmao


Well. Think of it this way. They live in a system where people like you see them as ignorant. Time and time again, a lot of whites have shown that they don't care for blacks. Not to mention, they've went through a lot of segregation and prejudice from said whites up until maybe the 70s. So, it's only natural that blacks would rather take to their own. Mind you, that's not only a black thing. Other cultures do the same thing as well, for example, Asian culture is known to stick to themselves as well. Same with East Indian. Also. There's nothing wrong with making a song about slavery. Is it wrong if a white Jewish rapper (Shit, I guess for the sake of argument we'll say Mac Miller?) made a song about the Holocaust? No, because his people went through that and it was traumatic. Just like it was for blacks, because like the Holocaust, it still has a lasting effect and is still an important part of history. Even if you don't go through it, you still feel pain about it because it's part of who you are. They themselves may have not been slaves or tortured. But, it's always perfect to remember where you came from. And that applies to any rapper of color. Hope that provides a bit of clarity.




...Sorry mods for going slightly off-topic, but I had to come in and try to show the other side of things. No flaming intended. Just an offering of a glimpse from a different (black) perspective, if you will. Now, if you'll excuse me... Time for me to be off.
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

Image
User avatar
JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2656
Joined: Dec 26th, '10, 05:57
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Jaba » Nov 28th, '14, 05:45

This album's gonna suck
Image
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
User avatar
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Oct 12th, '13, 02:42
Location: The Hospital trying to find a Brain...
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Mike_88 » Nov 28th, '14, 10:11

1) Intro (Mass Appeal)
2) Hometown (Ft. Bas)
3) 2014 Forest Hills Drive
4) Mom (Ft. Kay Cole)
5) Heart (Ft. Jay Z)
6) Highs & Lows
7) New Life
8) NC
9) New Legend (Ft. Kendrick Lamar)
10) Half
11) My Queen
12 ) 910
13) Dreamville (talk) (Ft. Bas & Cozz)
User avatar
Mike_88
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1137
Joined: Jun 23rd, '12, 09:10
Location: Russia
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby DetroitSkills » Nov 28th, '14, 13:56

Jaba wrote:This album's gonna suck

not as bad as the trapped ep
MMLP2 11.5.13
#teamEncore #teamEllenPage
"Enough rhymes to maybe try to help get some people through tough times
But I gotta keep a few punchlines just in case cause even you unsigned
Rappers are hungry looking at me like it's lunch time"
Image
Image
User avatar
DetroitSkills
Band Leader
Band Leader
 
Posts: 7255
Joined: Sep 7th, '13, 21:04
Location: Detroit, What!?
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby College Dropout » Nov 28th, '14, 15:55

The track with his mother is clearly inspired by Jay-Z's 4th December :worship:

Anyway Cole posted this on instagram:
http://instagram.com/p/v4BnPpFc9S

Truly Yours 4, Revenge of the Dreamers 2 :flutter:
"The plan was to drink until the pain over, but what's worse, the pain or the hangover?"
User avatar
College Dropout
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Jun 17th, '14, 13:55

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Mr.DGAF » Nov 30th, '14, 01:52

Tracklist was released. No features.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Image
Image
Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
User avatar
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Aug 15th, '11, 04:10
Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 2nd, '14, 17:29

You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Image
Image
Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
User avatar
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Aug 15th, '11, 04:10
Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Jaba » Dec 3rd, '14, 01:51

Jaba wrote:This album's gonna suck

Damn how dumb was I?

Album will be dope. Can not wait. The hype is real. Hopefully a classic. Born Sinner was great imo.
Image
Singin' "Bagpipes from Baghdad" again
In my dad's drag draggin' a faggot in a Glad bag
Won't be the last time I make a dramatic entrance like that again
You thought I was lyin' when I said I think that I'm crossin' the line again
I've lost my mind, caution oh God I think I've just thought of another fucking line
Forgive me father, for I have sinned
But hip hop has left me brainwashed with a violent streak
User avatar
Jaba
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 1816
Joined: Oct 12th, '13, 02:42
Location: The Hospital trying to find a Brain...
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby TRSL » Dec 3rd, '14, 12:26

TRSL
Soldier
Soldier
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Dec 28th, '10, 17:04
Location: Belgium

Re: New J Cole album

Postby The Shady Virus » Dec 3rd, '14, 15:56

YASSSSSSSSSSSS
User avatar
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:19
Location: Raleighwood
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Mr.DGAF » Dec 3rd, '14, 18:00

This album is fucking insane.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Image
Image
Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
User avatar
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade
 
Posts: 2349
Joined: Aug 15th, '11, 04:10
Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby The Shady Virus » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:47

I am loving this shit
User avatar
The Shady Virus
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash
 
Posts: 345
Joined: Jun 22nd, '10, 22:19
Location: Raleighwood
Gender: Male

Re: New J Cole album

Postby Rafael » Dec 3rd, '14, 19:50

is c5 even dropping on the 8th?
ImageImage
True Wiz wrote:Rafael got pussy from a random dudes cum on a table. Rafael man. You're a real g :b:
User avatar
Rafael
Slumerican
Slumerican
 
Posts: 2053
Joined: Jan 27th, '13, 09:20
Location: Where they make that moonshine still
Gender: Male

PreviousNext

Return to Hip Hop Domain



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider]

cron