The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Eminem Vs Jay Z. Statistics

This sub-forum is for videos and footage, content regarding award shows and media, as well as the charting of albums, singles, etc.

Re: Eminem Vs Jay Z. Statistics

Postby SatansAngel » Nov 24th, '10, 16:43

YA CUZ DA ONLY TING DAT MATTAZ Iz HOW FAST U CAN RHYME DA WORDS AND DA HOW MANYZ WORDS U CAN RHYME DAT SOUNDZ SAME
SatansAngel
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Devil'sAdvocate » Nov 24th, '10, 17:21

SatansAngel wrote:YA CUZ DA ONLY TING DAT MATTAZ Iz HOW FAST U CAN RHYME DA WORDS AND DA HOW MANYZ WORDS U CAN RHYME DAT SOUNDZ SAME

fucks wrong wit u son

GET DA FUCK OUTTA HERE WIT DAD BULLSHIT
The devil ain't on a level same as him!
Devil'sAdvocate
BOSS
BOSS

Postby Slim's Shady » Nov 24th, '10, 18:58

Lello18 wrote:
Reasonable Doubt > SSLP

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:facepalm

Resonable Doubt > SSLP & TES. Listen to stuff besides Eminem.

I wouldn't put it above MMLP by very little. I might even say MMLP = Reasonblae Doubt but I'll leave it like it is.

Jay-Z's a legend, deal with it.
Slim's Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Bistnal » Nov 24th, '10, 19:03

^He's a legend but he's one of the more overrated. I like RD, but maybe because the first rap albums I listened to were Em's, I prefer Em's first three over it.
Bistnal
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Slim's Shady » Nov 24th, '10, 19:16

Evan C. wrote:This is kind of a retarded way to compare the two. Comparing The Blueprint to Relapse straight up? Uh...the two albums came out 7 years apart in two completely different eras in rap.

I just did it by the orders in which the albums were released. It might be stupid but I just did it that way.

Evan C. wrote:In their primes, Jay-Z was awesome...better than Nas, Tupac, Big Pun, Rakim, and Big L (though he wasn't alive long enough to do much).

I agree.

Evan C. wrote:But Eminem was simply a God from 1997-2002. What he did during that time period dwarfs anything anyone has ever done in rap music. He actually got to the point of dominating music as a whole, not just his own genre. Jay-Z has never even come close to that and I know race plays a part, but I digress...

I think Eminem = Rap god is kind of an overstatement but that's debatable. I don't agree with DWARFING, I mean skill-wise I'm sure you could say that but like I said Em > Jay OVERALL. But, discography-wise Jay has Em beat by an extremely small margin. Jay-Z may have not impacted like Em with breaking the race barrier in Rap but he's definitely one of the most influential. He's also dominated and been relevant in the Rap game through 1998-now (because he became prominent when Vol. 2 Hard Knock Life dropped).

Evan C. wrote:Encore sucks, but TB3 is almost on the same level.

TP3 is not as bad as Encore but to each their own.

Evan C. wrote:Jay-Z and Eminem have both been washed up since (roughly) the same point in time, actually. Jay-Z was better in 2003, but Eminem has been easily outclassing Jay-Z since his comeback.

Yeah, Jay-Z fell of harder than Eminem did, if anything get elevated since Encore. Eminem > Jay-Z as of today but again I'm only talking about discography here.

Evan C. wrote:Oh, and though Reasonable Doubt is one of my favorite albums...TSSLP destroys it. Not even a contest. It's comparing a very very very dope album to a perfect album.

To each their own again lmao. SSLP to me is his 3rd best album, his voice turns me off at times. But, I cannot in my life ever discredit his rhyming on that album. Rhyme-wise it's his best, and an amazing album like I said. Reasonable Doubt is in my top 5 best album of all time any way. IMO MMLP > Reasonable Doubt tho.
Slim's Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim's Shady » Nov 24th, '10, 19:51

You must have been listening wrong :whistle:

To me SSLP doesn't touch Reasonable Doubt.
Slim's Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BILI » Nov 24th, '10, 19:52

Slim's Shady wrote:To me SSLP doesn't touch Reasonable Doubt.

No offence man but lol

PS:Rock Bottom and Brain Damage>any Jay-Z song imo.Especially Rock Bottom,Jay-Z never made a song like that.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slim's Shady » Nov 24th, '10, 19:54

BILI wrote:

No offence man but lol

I'm sure outside of TR people would agree with me :whistle:
Slim's Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby MikeNUFC » Nov 24th, '10, 19:56

Slim's Shady wrote:
BILI wrote:

No offence man but lol

Yeah, plenty of idiots would.

SSLP is flawless.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BILI » Nov 24th, '10, 19:59

Slim's Shady wrote:
BILI wrote:

No offence man but lol

Idk about that,I doubt anyone who`s a true hip-hop fan would say that "SSLP doesn`t touch RD".
I mean Rock Bottom shits on every song on RD so it sure is touching it,and imo its way better then RD.Brain Damage is also flawless and arguably also better then any RD song.

Then you have songs like BME,97 Bonnie and Clyde,SDGAF.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Slim's Shady » Nov 24th, '10, 20:02

SSLP is easily not his best, that's MMLP. And like I said MMLP is better than Reasonable Doubt, so don't think I'm trying "to be cool by not being an Eminem stan" but Reasonable Doubt is flawless except for Cashmere Thoughts which without it would make it equal to MMLP.

SSLP is not flawless because of....My Name Is, Cum On Everybody and My Fault. Why? They have amazing rhyming and incredible multis, yes BUT the subject matter is really corny and the beats are not that good.

SSLP is an amazing album (said it three times already) but not as good as people make it out to be because of the tremendous rhyming that Eminem exhibits on it.

Rhyming does not = classic. It helps a fuckload but it doesn't do it for me.
Slim's Shady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BILI » Nov 24th, '10, 20:14

Slim's Shady wrote:SSLP is easily not his best lmao, that's MMLP. And like I said MMLP is better than Reasonable Doubt, so don't think I'm trying "to be cool by not being an Eminem stan" but Reasonable Doubt is flawless except for Cashmere Thoughts which without it would make it equal to MMLP.

SSLP is not flawless because of....My Name Is, Cum On Everybody and My Fault. Why? They have amazing rhyming and incredible multis, yes BUT the subject matter is really corny and the beats are not that good.

SSLP is an amazing album (said it three times already) but not as good as people make it out to be because of the tremendous rhyming that Eminem exhibits on it.

SSLP is not his best in your opinion, there are many people who only listen to SSLP from Eminem. Some fans stopped after MMLP cause he went commercial(He actually did,even SSLP had few commercial spots).Also RD has few really bad tracks imo like Ain`t No Niqqa, Feelin It, Coming Of Age, so its actually not flawless,and again its my opinion.

SSLP is closer to flawless then RD cause as you said "My Name Is" is not as good as the rest of the album, but it is still nice for what it is, a 1st single.I can agree wit you on Cum On Everybody also, even tho the last verse is funny as fuck and its lyrically awesome.Then My Fault, idk why you think the content sucks, that track is on some crazy storytelling shit and its funny as fuck with lines like:

I don't trust you" shut up slut chew up this mushroom. this
will help you get in touch with your roots. We'll get bare-foot but naked and run
in the woods. "oh hell might as well try 'em this party is so drag." Oh dag I
didn't mean for you to eat the whole bag! (huh)

I wasn't tryin to turn this into somethin major
I just wanted to make you appreciate nature.

he said "Help me I think I'm having a seisure!"
I said "I'm high too (bitch) Quit grabbin my T-shirt (let go!)

He's in the bathroom; I think he's takin a crap dude!
"Dave! Pull up your pants, we need an ambulance
There's a girl upstairs talkin to plants
choppin her hair off, and there's only two days left
of Spring Break, how long do these things take to wear off?"
[D] Well it depends on how many you had? I took three she ate the other
twenty-two caps Now she's upstairs cryin out her eyeballs,drinking lysol.
"She's gonna die dude." I know and it's my fault!

Also the hook is fucking dope. Beat is also nice, so this track is actually dope imo.

And SSLP is not just about rhyming, I mean c`mon, it has dope beats, Ems flow is dope, lyrically its out of this world, and it has tracks that are really emotional.

Just to add, it prolly has my fav track of all time Rock Bottom.So imo SSLP as whole is Ems 2nd best album,after MMLP which has its own gems.
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby MikeNUFC » Nov 24th, '10, 20:21

Slim's Shady wrote:SSLP is not flawless because of....My Name Is, Cum On Everybody and My Fault. Why? They have amazing rhyming and incredible multis, yes BUT the subject matter is really corny and the beats are not that good.

Yeah init man all da songz shud be about da impirtat matters init every song shud be serious like on da jay z album, yo! Rappers shudnt make da joke songs init.

Having jokey songs break sup an album nicely - it also shows a variety of different skills. Cum On Everybody is hilarious showing of his quotable skills, My Fault shows amazing storytelling skills and My Name Is introduces the shady character brilliantly. How are they corny? I've never heard anyone make songs like that before.

LOL at "beats are not that good" - all 3 of those beats are incredible.

Slim's Shady wrote:SSLP is an amazing album (said it three times already) but not as good as people make it out to be because of the tremendous rhyming that Eminem exhibits on it.

It has so much more than just rhyming - it has an incredible set of different types of track but still with a signature sound throughout (Rock Bottom to 97 B & C to My Name Is to Role Model to Cum On Everybody), variety of flows, magical storytelling, vivid imagery, humour, emotion, perfectly stripped down and raw production, wit and social commentary. All that together, along with THE most flawless and consistent rhyming in rap history, is why it's a classic.

RD is a great album but never even comes close to showing the skills (and I dont JUST mean rhyming in that) that Em demonstrates on SSLP.
Last edited by MikeNUFC on Nov 24th, '10, 20:25, edited 1 time in total.
MikeNUFC
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby BILI » Nov 24th, '10, 20:24

^^well put Mike :y:
BILI
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby Satire » Nov 24th, '10, 20:28

Slim's Shady wrote:SSLP is not flawless because of....My Fault...the subject matter is really corny and the beats are not that good..

You call going to a rave with 2 friends and meeting a fucked up, half-shaved straight-out-of-rehab scenester nurse to take her to the backroom so she can swallow an ass load of mushrooms then spending the rest of the song discussing the effects it puts on her and the fear of her overdosing (impossible, btw) 'corny'?

wtf
Satire
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Media