The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Grammy nominations

This sub-forum is for videos and footage, content regarding award shows and media, as well as the charting of albums, singles, etc.

Re: Grammy nominations

Postby embm » Dec 2nd, '10, 17:47

hel ya :worship: :D :happy: :flutter: :wub:
so hapy 4 him
he beta win @ lest half of em
& he beta perfrm he owes it 2 em esp since hes the nom leader
embm
Pill Popper
Pill Popper

Postby ku53v » Dec 2nd, '10, 19:17

Cecilia21 wrote:a couple of my brain cells killed themselves after hearing that piece of shit... ah well congratz to Em :y:

Yeah, I can tell
ku53v

Postby doris » Dec 2nd, '10, 19:36

I bet he won't show up.
doris
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby brenn » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:08

Hope he wins at least 4 or more. I want to see him perform but I dont know if he will. As Recovery singles were a while ago and normally its songs around the current time of Grammys? I might be wrong.
At least he going be at the grammys for a while this year as normally he not at award shows for long. Wonder when he wins if it will just be him who goes up and collects it? Probs be him and Mr Porter I guess.
brenn
Soldier
Soldier

Postby dR3 » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:15

10 nominations? Holy cow...
^Thanks Maybe.
Spyder wrote:The silent king of spam.

Killa wrote:Me & dR3 represent the future bitch!!!

Killa wrote:dR3 stay winning...
dR3
Django
Django

Postby jshashwat » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:20

Eminem was the first rapper to be nominated for Album of the Year for MMLP.... Hope he becomes the first solo rapper to win that shit this year....
jshashwat
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby mecuryball » Dec 2nd, '10, 20:37

One Mic wrote:It's weird because the general consensus amongst people is, Eminem isn't as popular as he was "back in the day" (which I do agree with) but he is still doing and ahcieving stuff he has never done before, so in a way, he is.

I mean 'NOT AFRAID' was the first time one of his songs ever debuted at #1 on Billboard, and only 15 other songs have done that in history.

Also this 10 nominations is by far the most he has ever had in one year. All-time joint second

Michael Jackson has won 13 Grammy Awards, Eminem has won 11. So he could surpass MJ this year.

Eminem will win atleast 4,so surely he will pass MJ.
mecuryball
Soldier
Soldier

Postby NicoleEM » Dec 2nd, '10, 21:53

Ehmmm i agree with you Katty shouldn't be there,wasn't that good of an album.
Anyway hope Em will win most of those.I think he will join these ones tho,isn't this like the biggest event in music?Can't really blame his for not attending EMA's he was in Brazil for fuck's sake lol.So i think he will be at the Grammy's :smoking:
PS:This is in february so maybe we will get a new single he could perform by then :sweating:
"You just hurt my god damn feelin' and that was the last one i had"
NicoleEM
Renegade
Renegade

Postby xxTrigger1989xx » Dec 2nd, '10, 23:29

NicoleEM wrote:Ehmmm i agree with you Katty shouldn't be there,wasn't that good of an album.
Anyway hope Em will win most of those.I think he will join these ones tho,isn't this like the biggest event in music?Can't really blame his for not attending EMA's he was in Brazil for fuck's sake lol.So i think he will be at the Grammy's :smoking:
PS:This is in february so maybe we will get a new single he could perform by then :sweating:

Plus, didn't her album come out too late to be on this list? I thought it came out like late September

Came back to annihilate, the game's in dire straights, as I await
Word on Satan, as I drop, fall to my knees before this Quija board and I pray
Now I lay me down to sleep
I do this shit in my sleep, I’m sleepin' now, imagine if I awake

Props to randomgirl for the sig.
xxTrigger1989xx
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby NicoleEM » Dec 3rd, '10, 01:43

xxTrigger1989xx wrote:
NicoleEM wrote:Ehmmm i agree with you Katty shouldn't be there,wasn't that good of an album.
Anyway hope Em will win most of those.I think he will join these ones tho,isn't this like the biggest event in music?Can't really blame him for not attending EMA's he was in Brazil for fuck's sake lol.So i think he will be at the Grammy's :smoking:

Plus, didn't her album come out too late to be on this list? I thought it came out like late September

No seems that it dropped around 7 sept or so from the quick google search i made.So it's eligible for the Grammies,but damn,there are way better albums outhere.
"You just hurt my god damn feelin' and that was the last one i had"
NicoleEM
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Emadyville » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:05

tied for 6th most noms ever with jay-z and kanye with 36 :happy:
Menzo wrote:Its cuz you're dope and Daddy Dubs. No one fucks with that

I love you Daren
Emadyville
Django
Django

Postby BeautifulEscape » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:29

If he just performs and bails again, I swear I'll cut his dick off. :y:
BeautifulEscape
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alaine » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:48

I only see him winning for sure 2 awards for best rap album & best rap solo, I doubt they would give anything major to him considering there's only 1 rap album ever won AOTY.

and if Recovery won that means Pink, Rihanna, Wayne, Kobe, Boi-1da, Just Blaze, Dre.... & bunch of other people from the album also win :coffee: I don't know what to think about that
Alaine
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby I'mShady » Dec 3rd, '10, 03:52

Alaine wrote:I only see him winning for sure 2 awards for best rap album & best rap solo, I doubt they would give anything major to him considering there's only 1 rap album ever won AOTY.

and if Recovery won that means Pink, Rihanna, Wayne, Kobe, Boi-1da, Just Blaze, Dre.... & bunch of other people from the album also win :coffee: I don't know what to think about that

WTF...I mean...WTFFFF. They are just credited nothing else. So If Lady Gaga wins, Beyonce wins too....NO they are just credited.
I'mShady
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Alaine » Dec 3rd, '10, 04:08

I'mShady wrote:
Alaine wrote:I only see him winning for sure 2 awards for best rap album & best rap solo, I doubt they would give anything major to him considering there's only 1 rap album ever won AOTY.

WTF...I mean...WTFFFF. They are just credited nothing else. So If Lady Gaga wins, Beyonce wins too....NO they are just credited.

it's true, everyone involved in the album (featured artists, producers, mixers, writers...) also technically winners and got listed in the winners column :unsure: so yeah, if Gaga won Beyonce also won.
Alaine
Band Leader
Band Leader

PreviousNext

Return to Shady Media