The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Do you think MMLP2 can do a milli?

This sub-forum is for videos and footage, content regarding award shows and media, as well as the charting of albums, singles, etc.

Do you think MMLP2 can do a milli?

Postby nathan123 » Aug 28th, '13, 00:48

If Berzserk becomes a massive hit and Interscope really push the promotion I believe he can once again do a million first week and show the industry that he is still very much relevant,

What do you think?
YNWA
nathan123
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Do you think MMLP2 can do a milli?

Postby Trimss » Aug 28th, '13, 00:53

Yeah, it can and it will.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Mathers » Aug 28th, '13, 00:57

The real question is will it have longevity like Recovery.
Fuck top five, bitch, I'm top four
And that includes Biggie and Pac, whore
And I got an Evil Twin
So who the fuck do you think that third and that fourth spot's for?
Mathers
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby nathan123 » Aug 28th, '13, 01:00

It may do, recovery helped him gain tons of new fans I think if the singles he releases the right ones we may have an album with more longetivy than recovery, especially because its also being released a few weeks before christmas which will also increase the sales
YNWA
nathan123
Soldier
Soldier

Postby HeySamantha » Aug 28th, '13, 01:01

Trimss wrote:Yeah, it can and it will.

Looking at its current iTunes standings, I agree with Trimss.
TRShady is shutting down, so we have moved.
Please join us at our new home!
http://www.HipHopShelter.com

HeySamantha
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ladelsofgravy » Aug 28th, '13, 01:31

I don't see Berzerk doing well (by Eminem standards) as a single, so I'd say under a million.

Then again, Just Lose It, despite being inferior to WM, TRSS and MNI didn't affect Encore's placing as one of Em's best selling albums.
TES > MMLP > MMLP2 > SSLP > Rec = Rel > Enc
ladelsofgravy
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Monroe19 » Aug 28th, '13, 13:35

I think it will,remember Recovery sold 741 000 copies in first week while it was released in JUNE,November release is just perfect !
Monroe19
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Shady50 » Aug 28th, '13, 14:36

I definitely think it can just by the name of the album alone. He needs to release some singles that will stay on the charts though if he's wanting this album to have longevity. Not Afraid and LTWYL stayed high on the charts forever and it really helped Recovery's longevity. If LTWYL was released 2 weeks before Recovery, it would've easily done 1 million+.

I Love Award...
Shady50
Soldier
Soldier

Postby UofLCard » Aug 28th, '13, 16:56

Can it? Certainly. Will it? Probably not. It's hard for CDs to sell that many in a week these days. Haven't the ones that have hit the mark recently been sold on itunes for a low price (Gaga?)?
LEVITIKUZ wrote:Did y'all know Eminem's initials are MM. Like his name!!!

TRshady's unofficial official Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/trshadycommun
UofLCard
Louisville's Finest
Louisville's Finest

Postby Monroe19 » Aug 28th, '13, 18:12

UofLCard wrote:Can it? Certainly. Will it? Probably not. It's hard for CDs to sell that many in a week these days. Haven't the ones that have hit the mark recently been sold on itunes for a low price (Gaga?)?

Em has huge loyal fanbase,he,taylor swift (ugh) and Adele are the only ones rn who can debut with 1 million first week.gaga is already flopping rn.she sold like 1 mill thanks to discounting,but without it she should sell like 600 000 the first week in 2011.she's predicted to sell only 400 000 this year the first week in US.

taylor swift debuted with 1 mill last year.Em at least has a great chance to debut that high again for the 43905308 time.you have to remember that he debuted with 700 000 in SUMMER back in 2010.he's releasing this album in NOVEMBER.the best time to release an album.
Monroe19
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Raul » Aug 28th, '13, 18:31

Trimss wrote:Yeah, it can and it will.

#encorefam
Raul
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby s0258736 » Aug 28th, '13, 22:00

I don't think he will do a million in the first week. I predict around the 750,000 range. A lot of people seem to not like Berzerk (the number of people on my local radio station hating the song was quite high) and it's not as radio friendly as Not Afraid or Love the Way You Lie. I hope he sells a million but unless he gets a song on heavy roation on the radio I don't think he will.
s0258736
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby EminemBase » Aug 29th, '13, 12:23

I actually think it could by itself anyway...

Just due to... all the new generation of fans Em has gotten from Relapse and Recovery - yes, not just Recovery, it's amazing how many people I see saying they started at Relapse, yet their comments look/sound like people who have been in to him forever...

Shows that regardless of what any of us / old fans think of any new shit, it's still affecting young people in a big way to where they instantly fall in love with what he does...

Which... I don't think is that typical. I don't really see people like OMG JAY-Z IS A GENIUS, I JUST DISCOVERED HIM VIA BP3, HE'S UNREAL... but that does still happen with Em a lot.

The COD dual release is a pretty great marketing move though... given the demographic, the association to the vibe / in its media over the past few years and then just the fact COD fans will storm out / camp outside fucking media stores in insane numbers... and then see Em's new album advertised / right there and probably already want it anyway / pick it up with it...

I think it's a pretty brilliant idea for physical sales and... it's like, association marketing... I'm trying to think when and if that's been done before. I'm sure it has but I can't recall when and where. But yeah, with that, given his new fans and also the fact this is MMLP2... it's like fans from all angles are covered despite it being a ballsy move. Imagine it did like 1.4mil or something crazy.

I think this next single may be an influence. Let's hope he's got some conceptual madness.
EminemBase
Addict
Addict

Postby Evil Twin » Aug 29th, '13, 16:35

Well if you look at the facts:

It's called Marshall Mathers LP 2, a sequel to his, arguably, best album. People are very interested in it.
The talk of him being blonde again and back to Slim Shady has also got people hyped up.
Survival's release got people pretty excited for things to come. Also the video is still to be released.
Berzerk is doing very well right now and is being talked about a lot. Plus a video for that also.
Possibly another single and/or music video will be released.
Tracklists, features, cover art, producers to be confirmed.
The album comes out the same day as the new Call of Duty, a very popular gaming franchise and those 2 products being released on the same day will probably have some sort of release deal, as a few people said.
Let's not forget, Eminem is one of the most famous people in the world and when Em is releasing an album, EVERYBODY knows about it.

I think it's very possible for it to go platinum first week. If it doesn't, it will be VERY close.
Last edited by Evil Twin on Aug 29th, '13, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

We're gonna rock this house until we knock it down
So turn the volume loud, cause it's mayhem 'til the a.m.
So baby make just like K-Fed and let yourself go, let yourself go
Say fuck it before we kick the bucket
Life's too short to not go for broke

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Evil Twin » Aug 29th, '13, 16:35

EDIT: Double post

We're gonna rock this house until we knock it down
So turn the volume loud, cause it's mayhem 'til the a.m.
So baby make just like K-Fed and let yourself go, let yourself go
Say fuck it before we kick the bucket
Life's too short to not go for broke

Go Berzerk!
Evil Twin
Soldier
Soldier

Next

Return to Shady Media