The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Hailie's Song (Original Sample Mix)

This sub-forum is for videos and footage, content regarding award shows and media, as well as the charting of albums, singles, etc.

Hailie's Song (Original Sample Mix)

Postby bucketkilla » Oct 12th, '14, 22:01

Most of you will know that when Em first recorded Hailie's Song, he sang & rapped over a famous Beatles song, Whilst My Guitar Gently Weeps.. But because the sample didnt get clearance, he had to re-do it.

"I made it just for Hailie. I'm singing on it, or trying to. I wasn't going to use it, but I played it for a few people, and they really liked it. A few of them cried, actually".

"From what I understand, (George Harrison) heard it before he passed and liked it. I don't understand the political side, but his wife has control of the music now, and she said no, so I had to re-sing it all and redo the song".

Many of us have often wondered what the original version would have sounded like, and after hearing a few poorly done versions over the years, I thought id have a crack at it.

The samples ive used;

Bass - Paul McCartneys Bass line taken from the While My Guitar Gently Weeps Multi-Track.
Guitar - Eric Claptons Guitar, again taken from the original Multi-Track.
Kick/Snare - Eminem - Hailie's Song (Album version).
Piano - Sampled from a classical cover of the WMGGW Song.
Vocals - Eminem - Hailie's Song (Studio Acapella).

Hopefully a few ppl will like it, either way it gives us an idea of how Em wanted the track to sound.

http://picosong.com/fksn/
bucketkilla
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Hailie's Song (Original Sample Mix)

Postby Josh » Oct 13th, '14, 18:40

i always thought it was an Elvis Sample ?
“In six days God created the heavens and the earth. On the seventh day, Stanley Kubrick sent everything back for modifications.”

#TeamPalvin
#ProtectLoseYourself
Arni da Goat

ImageImage

scrapig wrote:im a sick fuck, just ask Josh.
Josh
Soldier
Soldier

Postby yung rom » Oct 13th, '14, 18:42

Really good but either the vocals need to be pitched down 1 or the instrumental needs to be pitched up 1

EDIT: Rap part is incredible tho, awesome job bro
Charlotte wrote:Talk about cringe please, check your own posts in ANY thread.
Charlotte wrote:yung rom living up to his sig
yung rom
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Shady Fable » Oct 22nd, '14, 16:34

Oh god this is amazing, if only we could hear the singing over the real original which would have been in tune, but to be honest it's kind of like listening to email now, you've got to listen to it a couple of times and it sounds great, it also makes it hilarious when he says "I can't sing" :laughing:
Slim Shady shit sounds like a fable to me
Until he jumps out of the fucking toilet when you're taking a pee.
Shady Fable
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to Shady Media