The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Beat of Mine I just did- feed/suggestions appreciated...

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

New Beat of Mine I just did- feed/suggestions appreciated...

Postby Wreck » Mar 17th, '11, 22:52

I used a Rob Thomas sample- Lonely No More. I have to work on a few more things for it, such as whether I want that pitch of it, cause I made it slower than the actual sample, the beginning I'm ehh on, but is it me or is the volume of it a little quiet too? I have to fix that if so, although Idk if u use the master volume in FL to fix the volume problem, or if it's something else.

Honest feed and suggestions, etc. very much appreciated, thanks guys.

http://hulkshare.com/37i6088i1woq
My Beats Page- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Wreckles ... 08?fref=ts
My Debut Album- Life or Death- Coming Soon
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Re: New Beat of Mine I just did- feed/suggestions appreciate

Postby DƎRDYPK » Mar 17th, '11, 22:56

yeah the volumes a little low
the sample isn't too bad but whatever you did to it I can barley hear...I hear some claps but no kicks?
not too bad but that was weird....keep working on it :y:
DƎRDYPK
Stanmilton
Stanmilton

Postby Wreck » Mar 17th, '11, 22:59

DƎRDYPK wrote:yeah the volumes a little low
the sample isn't too bad but whatever you did to it I can barley hear...I hear some claps but no kicks?
not too bad but that was weird....keep working on it :y:

aight i'll play with the sound, and u prob. couldn't hear it cause the volume was low lol. i sampled the tune of the beat, and i added in one clap, one hi hat after the clap, and a snare at the end, that's noticeable i would think, compared to the hi hat, but this is the bare bones of the beat, ill work on it a little more.

thanks for the feed bro, i appreciate it :y:.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Wreck » Mar 18th, '11, 02:34

Anybody a producer that uses FL/familiar with FL? I've had this same problem constantly. I'll post the screen pic first, then explain.

When I drag a song I wanna sample the words from a song, not the tune, just what they're saying at one point in the song, I use Edison on the mixer then I edit it so the part I want to sample is highlighted, then I drag the edited sample loop from Edison into the step sequencer and then I open it into the piano roll and when I edit the pitch and what not, and when I play the sample back in the piano roll it plays then, THEN the sample keeps playing overtop of each other, like instead of just playing it it plays it on top of each other. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone knew what I was talking about & what to do, if they could help me here with this cause it's so aggravating.

Thanks a bunch.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Tash8 » Mar 21st, '11, 10:10

woah..what's that, that comes in real loud, it's off beat and it's loud and it's off pitch too. gotta fix that but overall that's a good sample to work with. would make for a very interesting track, I approve haha

would appreciate your feedback on this or This, please n thanks.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Wreck » Mar 24th, '11, 20:34

Tash8 wrote:woah..what's that, that comes in real loud, it's off beat and it's loud and it's off pitch too. gotta fix that but overall that's a good sample to work with. would make for a very interesting track, I approve haha

would appreciate your feedback on this or This, please n thanks.

Idk why, but when I make the beat and I extract it to an .mp3 the sound is either too high or low, why? I adjust the volume bar on FL at the top left, does that have anything to do with how the external beat sounds? I'll play with it a little more, but a few things are still pissing me off about FL that I can't figure out yet. Thanks for the Feed Tash :y:. Will check those out bro.
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Jay Tunes » Mar 24th, '11, 22:07

rotfl idk why i thought it was a song for a minute i was like WTF when does the rapping start!

i think it not bad... u got the basics
slow the tempo tho bc it could start to sound like a something like a tom and jerry episode..
also switch it around, it was exactly the same sounds the whoooooooole beat... it needs more variety get me?
Last edited by Jay Tunes on Mar 24th, '11, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Jay Tunes
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby Wreck » Mar 24th, '11, 22:41

Jay Tunes wrote:rotfl idk why i thought it was a song for a minute i was like WTF when does the rapping starts!

i think it not bad... u got the basics
slow the tempo tho bc it could start to sound like a something like a tom and jerry episode..
also switch it around, it was exactly the same sounds the whoooooooole beat... it needs more variety get me?

lmao its all good, ive done that before myself haha. and thanks for the feedback man, i appreciate it. im still getting the basics down, i really dunno yet how to make the beat, i just know how to make a looped beat and that's it, and yeah i have that problem too as far as keeping the same tempo and tune. isn't their something where you can auto detect a sample or something on FL?
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Postby B.A.D. » Mar 25th, '11, 08:20

Moved to The Studio Section.

and you need to provide a link of feedback
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Ethos » Mar 25th, '11, 09:00

Wreck wrote:Anybody a producer that uses FL/familiar with FL? I've had this same problem constantly. I'll post the screen pic first, then explain.

When I drag a song I wanna sample the words from a song, not the tune, just what they're saying at one point in the song, I use Edison on the mixer then I edit it so the part I want to sample is highlighted, then I drag the edited sample loop from Edison into the step sequencer and then I open it into the piano roll and when I edit the pitch and what not, and when I play the sample back in the piano roll it plays then, THEN the sample keeps playing overtop of each other, like instead of just playing it it plays it on top of each other. I would appreciate it a lot if anyone knew what I was talking about & what to do, if they could help me here with this cause it's so aggravating.

Thanks a bunch.

Have you tried disablin the loop points? I know thats one thing I'd always have to do to stop samples from repeating on top of each other.
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Wreck » Mar 30th, '11, 10:37

Ethos wrote:
Wreck wrote:Anybody a producer that uses FL/familiar with FL? I've had this same problem constantly. I'll post the screen pic first, then explain.

Thanks a bunch.

Have you tried disablin the loop points? I know thats one thing I'd always have to do to stop samples from repeating on top of each other.

That's the green thing at the very bottom right? How do you disable them?
Wreck
Role Model
Role Model

Return to The Studio