The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Help with 2 things

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Help with 2 things

Postby No Way Out » May 20th, '11, 04:51

1.i'm gonna buy a mic sometime this weekend ... im not sure what i should be looking for? Or how much it costs?

2. I need some beats... Aslong as their nice

this got NWO written all over it :8)
Maybe wrote:This is pretty damn good. For what it is, a simple, smooth flowing punch-line verse, it's perfect. You didn't miss a single rhyme, and the content was amusing. Good stuff man, really good.

10/10

C.R.E.A.M wrote:I thought that dude is all about trash talk and he's gonna leave the tourney in the first round.. but that was actually dangerous. :sweating:

Battle Record : 1-0
NWO, for short...

WARNING: This Cute Puppy's Got a Mean Bite ... Im Gonnna Have To Put a Sign on My Sig Or Something.
No Way Out
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Re: Help with 2 things

Postby B.A.D. » May 20th, '11, 05:36

well, a mic is really not that big deal if you are not recording in a studio. otherwise, the studio should have enough mics for you to choose from.

if thats not the case, I would recomend you to buy a condenser usb microphone. easiest and best way to get your vocals in good... I have a couple mics myself, my favourite for home reocrding is an m-audio producer usb condenser mic, they should sell it on any best buy or apple store...

but any mic can sound nice as long as you can mix properly.

as for beats... look at this entire section, its filled with free beats made by forum users. :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby No Way Out » May 20th, '11, 21:29

Forgot about this thread haha

Thanks brotha ... a Condensor, i'll bare that in mind. Willl it be good enough quality so that i wont nessasarilly need to mix my vocals?

And... can you recommend any good programs i can record with? Im waiting for someone to drop my dough off then im gonna see whats good
Maybe wrote:This is pretty damn good. For what it is, a simple, smooth flowing punch-line verse, it's perfect. You didn't miss a single rhyme, and the content was amusing. Good stuff man, really good.

10/10

C.R.E.A.M wrote:I thought that dude is all about trash talk and he's gonna leave the tourney in the first round.. but that was actually dangerous. :sweating:

Battle Record : 1-0
NWO, for short...

WARNING: This Cute Puppy's Got a Mean Bite ... Im Gonnna Have To Put a Sign on My Sig Or Something.
No Way Out
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby B.A.D. » May 21st, '11, 03:11

well, if you dont record in a studio, your qquality is never gonna be good enough to go through without mixing. so I suggest you download a couple programs.

my advice would be Cool Edit Pro 2.0.... its old, easy, and works perfect.

after that, well you can ask members around to help you get started with mixing
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Return to The Studio