The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Beat

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

New Beat

Postby Slovinec » Jul 12th, '11, 07:55

I have a new funky track, i improved on the drums in my oppinion. Feedback would be nice, in return

-Golden Memory
http://www.soundclick.com/Slovinec
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Re: New Beat

Postby Slovinec » Jul 12th, '11, 18:44

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:loved the melody, i liked the hook very much, but the drums were pretty bad, not only the pattern but also the way they sounded, they gotta be mixed better like the kick needs to be more punchy, try using a vsti called maximus to mix the kicks it comes by default with fl studio, once you open it go to presets and there are like 5 presets for punchy kicks, and tons more :smoking:

Thanks alot, i guess i was wrong. But i found what your were talking about. How should i change the drum pattern?
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slovinec » Jul 12th, '11, 21:38

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:and one final tip lol, if you dont come up with like a good drum pattern try sampling drum breaks, there are thousands of good drum breaks out there to sample, most of them are old so your gonna have mix them pretty good so they sound good tho
you could start off sampling this drum break, its like the most sampled drum break in hip hop history :y:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9GRVTpQJzw

I just checked yout juno beat on soundclick, those fucking drums are sick as hell. that beat is also nicely layered. And what do you mean "sample" the drums... would i just try to mimic them into the channels or actually sample them?
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jul 15th, '11, 06:55

i'm feeling the drums, very mellow and fits nice with the melody. The bass when it comes in is dope, really liked that part. Hook was cool, just felt that instrument was too prominent and needs to be lowered in volume just a tiny bit. Good Job :happy:
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Slovinec » Jul 17th, '11, 23:49

Tash8 wrote:i'm feeling the drums, very mellow and fits nice with the melody. The bass when it comes in is dope, really liked that part. Hook was cool, just felt that instrument was too prominent and needs to be lowered in volume just a tiny bit. Good Job :happy:

Thank you, this means alot from one of the best beat makers on the forum.
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio