The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Bum Shiv]- Whaa - (Hip Hop)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Bum Shiv]- Whaa - (Hip Hop)

Postby BumShiv » Jul 28th, '11, 04:32

Another beat. Please leave feedback :y: If you want to use it feel free just tell me and credit me. Thanks! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jflAgZf8 ... ideo_title

http://soundcloud.com/bumshiv/whaa

http://hulkshare.com/d1yd6ulowsrt

:y:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Bum Shiv]- Whaa - (Hip Hop)

Postby Tash8 » Jul 28th, '11, 07:50

Ok man that's nicely designed beat, I like how the drums work with melody. I think this beat is definitely missing some bass. I'd like to hear some change ups as well, drop the strings and maybe have a piano or trumpet solo for a few bars here n there. The drums do tend to get repetitive so maybe go to a more mellow pattern for a bit. I also say maybe add a few more transitions between the verses, the hooks and stuff. Otherwise this isn't bad at all just missing in details. I would also add a little thumb in the low end of the kick and compress it a bit.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby BumShiv » Jul 28th, '11, 08:00

Tash8 wrote:Ok man that's nicely designed beat, I like how the drums work with melody. I think this beat is definitely missing some bass. I'd like to hear some change ups as well, drop the strings and maybe have a piano or trumpet solo for a few bars here n there. The drums do tend to get repetitive so maybe go to a more mellow pattern for a bit. I also say maybe add a few more transitions between the verses, the hooks and stuff. Otherwise this isn't bad at all just missing in details. I would also add a little thumb in the low end of the kick and compress it a bit.

thanks for the feed bro :y: im gonna go do all that stuff now :D
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ArsheyHaq » Jul 28th, '11, 18:29

Pretty dope, dude :y: I would've liked to hear some random noises/sound effects/other melodies etc. throughout the beat though. From my experience, it gives people more replay value if there's something in the beat that's kind of out of place. Idk why that is, it just is. Anyway, I could see a boxing-themed rhyme over that one. Do you rap yourself?
ArsheyHaq
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BumShiv » Jul 28th, '11, 22:46

nah i don't rap just make beats. Im gonna go try to fix it up like you said and if you want i'll send it to you :D
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Phantom » Jul 30th, '11, 06:50

pretty damn catchy man. all i can say is work on your drum selection cus i can hear all stock fruity loops sounds, which is good for starting out. you have much potential and ill be checking you out with more and more beats along the way. good work man, keep it up and i like your creativity too btw
Phantom
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby BumShiv » Jul 30th, '11, 07:09

thanks bro i appreciate it a lot. I think i have a bad habit of jus trying to get the drum selection and drum pattern quick and worry a lot more about the melody. Thanks a lot for the feed and support :worship:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio