The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Rise From The Ashez] - Tears (NEW VERSION) - (Dark/Sad)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Re: [Rise From The Ashez] - Tears - (Dark/Sad)

Postby Sam. » Sep 2nd, '11, 23:53

I felt this is more of a dark beat rather than a sad beat ,suitable for a nice story telling song (<-- That's why i commented ).
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 4th, '11, 13:04

that was really good, I enjoyed it a lot, and I could picture myself on that. the feedback I can give you on this is to revise the scale you are using, I think E Minor? (I may be wrong) but at least 1 note is off key. so double check that. the Acc. Piano is too low, try to up the vol a bit on that, and also, I couldn't hear a bass line if there was any so add one too, if you are on FL. try downloading a Sound Font called "Street Bass", thats gonna help you loads.

Beautiful beat man, keep at it :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 5th, '11, 04:28

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:thnx im glad you liked it but the truth is i dont really think any of the notes are off but i'd apreciate if u checked out this screenshot i uploaded its the notes i played and told me what notes are off
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/8021/tearsaz.jpg

youre right, not off key. Well played F Minor. I think its just the progression that made it a bit disonant. but that comes different to each person, some people make hear it sounding off, or some might hear it sounding good... never the-less, dope shit.

will check out the soundfont too but im just not a fan of em cuz they usually low quality so i prefer using vstis thnx alot for the feedback really helps

depends on what soundfont, some of them have WAAYYY higher quality than vsts, I mean it. depends on the sf. what vst's do you have man? mind sharing some

and about the bassline there actually is one but i dont think its loud enough, also can never mix it to sound good, i just use the default bass that comes with fl studio, this is one of my favorite beats of all times and i love the bassline probably the best bassline ive ever heard, and i was wonderin if you knew how to mix the bass to get it to sound like that

you should turn the volume up on that one.

and on that song, that bassline sounds nice beacuse its Live bass through a DI box. that always sounds way better beacuse its the actual natural sound of the bass. what I usually do is EQ the fuck out of them, take a look on the frequency spectrum and see what frequencies are distorting, which are the harmonic frequencies, and pull up the mids to give that smooth more emphasis, and watch for the low ones that cause extreme booming!.

hopefully that helps :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby B.A.D. » Sep 7th, '11, 09:58

Well, I'm not much of a VST user myself, but tell you what.

send those cool ones you mentioned to me, send me also a bass one and I'll play with it so I can match it as close as possible to real n funky and tell you the settings I used n shit.

but yeah, I wanna try those. shoot me a PM breh :y:
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Postby Slovinec » Sep 14th, '11, 15:36

Damn nice, its a nice story telling track. I like that little raspy sound, reminds of space. The piano melody is sick, love it nice job
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Rise From The Ashez] - Tears (NEW VERSION) - (Dark/Sad)

Postby BumShiv » Sep 21st, '11, 23:05

Goodshit bro :y: This beat was sick as i expected and i really liked the wind sound thing you used. The strings sound crisp too :worship: I thought the bass was fine :unsure: Anyway bro sick beat :worship:
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby mdemaz » Sep 22nd, '11, 02:24

Never got around to peeping this, my bad.
Yo, good shit as always man, the patterns flowed nicely.

I couldn't be bothered counting the bars but it sounded right.
ImageImageImage
s/o to Eedee Python CP Horse Snake Pain SaJn Silver Cement Excitaz PK Rolly GW EG Charlotte Kasia Mel Wiz Solace TRex SliK Aone Atone Trimss Menzo Geno Fish Jaba Detroit Blogs Based lil_b IBR DA! Mono ROM NRG Bigray Hesky Francesco Yoda Noddy Raul
Just Silver wrote:I think every guy should massage their prostate at least once

mdemaz
Addict
Addict

Postby °[~CHR!$~]° » Sep 22nd, '11, 14:18

oh man...u keep improving what from i heard last...
definitly nice shit...i could see myself on this track...*hint hint @ Ax-D*
yeah man its that time..im nodding my head...good job :y:
^propz to angie :flower:
ANGIE'S GROUPIE NUMBA 4 :smoking:

!!!!!!!!------ C-Riz's Myspace ------!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

!!!!!!---C-Riz's Youtube Channel---!!!!!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
embm will live in london 1 day
°[~CHR!$~]°
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Dec 4th, '11, 06:51

Holy shit man. I freakin' LOVE this beat. You did an amazing job!!!

Can I download this and use it as a story-telling track? I'll write and record this week!! :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Eedee » Jan 8th, '12, 13:58

Hey man! Sorry it took a while, but here's the final product that I made using this beat! Thanks for letting me use it, and it's a great beat, excellent work! :y:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=142504
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby momentsgolden » Jul 27th, '13, 20:29

Dude, been listening to this beat for 2 years now and i still love it. Good shit.

Btw, lost my music collection and your instrumental beat tape (the one with this track) and it is lost on rapidshare. Can u upload it to kickass torrents or any other fast download site? the whole album that is.
Songs of the year

Tech N9ne- Gods, Ft Krizz Kaliko and Kutt Calhoun.
momentsgolden
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio