The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Hansen] Do I have a future? (Hip Hop)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Hansen] Do I have a future? (Hip Hop)

Postby Hansen » May 3rd, '13, 00:07

As the hip hop head I am I went on and gave a shot at the production game. Its something I always wanted to do and im actually going to school in the autumn to study music-production. Anyways, im a noob and here's my first beat. I have absolutely no experience in music, chords or anything this is a mix of trying and failing I guess. Your HONEST opinion please, thats what I appriciate :)

http://www.hulkshare.com/aofalzf21dz4
TrShady is just great. A place where pompousus blowhards can connect with other pompousus blowhards, and form a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Do I have a future?

Postby Ticalrecords » May 3rd, '13, 00:42

yo foreal this is pretty damn dope, the drums might be ever so slightly too loud, but damn its a nice pattern you got here. I'm an aspiring rapper in need of original production, check out my stuff and see if you want to work with me.

I got a few up on this site, check out AhdduB - Disco Inferno
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » May 3rd, '13, 01:48

This should be in The Studio section.

I will move it for you. :y:

For the beat, it feels like the drums are too loud. Either turn them down slightly or when you go to master the instrumental, make sure to compress all the frequencies so everything meshes well.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Hansen » May 3rd, '13, 16:29

Ticalrecords wrote:yo foreal this is pretty damn dope, the drums might be ever so slightly too loud, but damn its a nice pattern you got here. I'm an aspiring rapper in need of original production, check out my stuff and see if you want to work with me.

I got a few up on this site, check out AhdduB - Disco Inferno

Hey man, thanks for the feedback. Very much appriciated! I have absolutely no experience in mixing so thats probably why. Hehe. I tried finding you on hulkshare and was unsuccsesful, could you give me a link or something? :)

Eedee wrote:This should be in The Studio section.

I will move it for you. :y:

For the beat, it feels like the drums are too loud. Either turn them down slightly or when you go to master the instrumental, make sure to compress all the frequencies so everything meshes well.

Thanks man, I was very unsure where to put it tbh. And thanks for the feedback and tip! I actually just saved the pattern as an mp3 file but I guess thats not what you really do when you're finished, lol.
TrShady is just great. A place where pompousus blowhards can connect with other pompousus blowhards, and form a vast circle jerk of pomposity.

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » May 3rd, '13, 16:49

^ Here's a good video of how to master an instrumental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vUO8B6mxw
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Hansen » May 3rd, '13, 16:54

Eedee wrote:^ Here's a good video of how to master an instrumental.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8vUO8B6mxw

Thanks my man. Ill look into it :)

Hansen
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » May 3rd, '13, 17:05

No problem!
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Ticalrecords » May 4th, '13, 08:18

ah i forgot i deleted that soundcloud song, ill repost tomorrow
Ticalrecords
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » May 15th, '13, 22:22

this is pretty bad...I dunno if you have a future, depends on you really. The sound you used i think were fl studio sounds and they are straight up awful sounding. I dont care how much mixing you do to those sounds, you won't make them sound any better. I suggest looking at warbeats.com or youtube for tutorials on how to obtain better sounds and VSTs. From there, I'd start looking into music theory and I'd examine other rap beats if that's the genre you're into.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Return to The Studio