The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Slovinec] Pasenka [Rap/Dance]

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Slovinec] Pasenka [Rap/Dance]

Postby Slovinec » May 13th, '13, 23:36

Check it out, feedback would be great. Maybe some mastering or something :y:

https://soundcloud.com/jslov-slovinec/pasenka-sample
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [Slovinec] Pasenka [Rap/Dance]

Postby Tash8 » May 15th, '13, 22:16

I'm not a big fan of the beat because I don't see the melody going anywhere. Which is a waste because those drums and the bass are really awesome, but they dont have the right melody.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Slovinec » May 16th, '13, 21:10

Tash8 wrote:I'm not a big fan of the beat because I don't see the melody going anywhere. Which is a waste because those drums and the bass are really awesome, but they dont have the right melody.

thanks, how would i make the melody go somewhere? I can make one up, but never know how to get it into a hook
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » May 16th, '13, 21:17

Well...u dont have to have it go anywhere. I prefer to base my beats on an affect, which means i have to go somewhere with the melody whether that's to make it sound dark, happy or creepy, it goes somewhere. Like for example, a happier beat in a major scale I might build the melody upwards in a way that might give the illusion of "life going up."

Now some people prefer a good sound, and if you're not going for an affect in your beats then you dont need to have the melody go anywhere..it could just repeat like N*ggas in Paris does every 4 beats.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "you can make one up but dont know how to get into the hook"?
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Return to The Studio