The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Is there a way to use song recogition to find youtube songs?

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Is there a way to use song recogition to find youtube songs?

Postby Atone » Jun 29th, '13, 11:32

i made a song 3 years ago using a beat i got off youtube, i never credited the profucer for the beat and i'm trying to figurte out who produced it now, is there a way to find a beat, kind of like Shazm does, but if it recognises the beat it would search youtube for the original?

if not, is there a way i can strip the beat, and save the vocals, so i can place the vocals on a more fitting beat?
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Re: Is there a way to use song recogition to find youtube so

Postby Trimss » Jun 29th, '13, 21:51

I don't think so.. search the beat on youtube by describing it maybe. Like "dark beat with hook" or "synth beat with hook" idk..

Also, the second idea is bad. Don't play with your vocals like that. I think once you record vocals for a beat and switch them to another, it may sound awkward most of the time.
Ten toes down motherfucker I'm all in #Slumerican Team
TRShady is shutting down so you better move there:
www.HipHopShelter.com
Trimss
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Solace » Jun 29th, '13, 22:02

No, neither of those are possible. You're basically looking for a program to search, download, listen through, and finally analyze the millions of videos uploaded on Youtube (as it could be any one of them) to check if they match with your song.

The only way to strip a song of the beat and leave the vocals is to have the original beat. I'm assuming you've lost that original file. That's how DIY acapellas are done.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Atone » Jun 29th, '13, 23:53

eh, doesn't matter, re-making the song over a new beat with my producer, and having his wife sing the chorus, different lyrics this time of course to better fit whats goin on in my life today
Atone
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Return to The Studio