The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[cityfan] - Ma Vlast - (Hip Hop Beat)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[cityfan] - Ma Vlast - (Hip Hop Beat)

Postby cityfan31 » Jul 8th, '13, 23:23

https://soundcloud.com/ben-meadowcroft/ma-vlast

Sampling Ma Vlast by Bedrick Smetana. All instruments played by myself.

Link of Feed: http://forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=161051
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Re: [cityfan] - Ma Vlast - (Hip Hop Beat)

Postby BumShiv » Jul 29th, '13, 06:04

this is dope af dude, i really like this. The vibe and instrumentation is crazy, is the main loop a sample or you made that?
When you can, could you feed me back here? viewtopic.php?f=69&t=162170&p=2251186#p2251186
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Solace » Jul 29th, '13, 06:29

Yeah this is pretty dope.
Solace
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby cityfan31 » Jul 29th, '13, 09:50

BumShiv wrote:this is dope af dude, i really like this. The vibe and instrumentation is crazy, is the main loop a sample or you made that?
When you can, could you feed me back here? viewtopic.php?f=69&t=162170&p=2251186#p2251186

Thanks, both of you. The main sample was from this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdtLuyWuPDs. Heard it and thought it could sound decent. The rest of the instruments were played by myself.
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Aug 26th, '13, 06:46

I like the sample you picked, and those strings you added are good as well. For the drums, I would suggest working on the kick and snare. It's not necessarily wrong to have the kick and snare hit at the same time, but you have to realize the kick and snare are two of the loudest sounds in a beat. if played together they drown everything else out. You can lower the volume of the kick or eq the top end of the kick to make them fit better. I would also suggest turning the bass up a little bit, it's very drowned by the drums.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Aug 28th, '13, 17:31

I loved the beat, man. Never knew you produced.

And Tash, in November, I'm going to be getting a MASCHINE, etc, so I can develop my production skills. I'd love tips and tricks and shit when the time comes, so I may come to you. If that's alright with you. :y:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby cityfan31 » Aug 29th, '13, 15:03

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Tash8 wrote:I like the sample you picked, and those strings you added are good as well. For the drums, I would suggest working on the kick and snare. It's not necessarily wrong to have the kick and snare hit at the same time, but you have to realize the kick and snare are two of the loudest sounds in a beat. if played together they drown everything else out. You can lower the volume of the kick or eq the top end of the kick to make them fit better. I would also suggest turning the bass up a little bit, it's very drowned by the drums.

Yeah, I struggle a lot with drums and I tend to keep them very simple as a result. The other problem is the levels of bass / kick / snare always come out different when I 'publish' the beat than they do on FL when I'm making the beat. Either the base is massively too loud or too quiet. I usually have to do trial and error until it sounds reasonable.
cityfan31
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 22:17

Eedee wrote:I loved the beat, man. Never knew you produced.

And Tash, in November, I'm going to be getting a MASCHINE, etc, so I can develop my production skills. I'd love tips and tricks and shit when the time comes, so I may come to you. If that's alright with you. :y:

Yeah for sure, can't wait to hear whatchu got.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 22:20

Tash8 wrote:
Eedee wrote:I loved the beat, man. Never knew you produced.

Yeah for sure, can't wait to hear whatchu got.

My man. :b:
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Flamez » Sep 11th, '13, 20:31

This is a pretty cool beat I like the way it sounds.
Flamez
Band Leader
Band Leader

Return to The Studio