The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Bum Shiv vs Rise From The Ashez] Beat Battle (Sample)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Who made the best beat?

Bum Shiv
No votes
Rise From The Ashez
100%

Total votes : 2

Re: [Bum Shiv vs Rise From The Ashez] Beat Battle (Sample)

Postby BumShiv » Sep 1st, '13, 04:48

someone say something lmao
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 00:57

Bum Shiv, I like the kind of drums you had, very hard hitting and I like the way you did the chops to match the drums. But the part you sampled, i feel like it'd get annoying fast. The change up around 1 minute in is nice, it reminds me a little bit of The Way I Am. IMO, I woulda kept that as the main part and not the chorus. I like the hihat play in the third verse, I think if you did that for the last 8 bars of each verse it woulda have added a nice change up.

RFTA, this is a cool beat, i like what you did with the intro and how you build up the beat before looping it. And I really like the work you did with that flute(?). The chorus is some good work, i can see this being a nice chorus for a laid back song. I think the drums are a bit bland though, the cymbals, open hats and snare need some light delay or reverb. The bass melody sounds good, but I believe that is boobass right? I've never been a big fan of that sound.

My vote goes to RFTA, it is a more complete, better structure beat. I think Bum Shiv you took a huge change with the drum and melody play, and i dont think it worked out well. IMO for that to work, you need to have a really catchy melody and hard hitting drums that match very well. I think you had the drums, i dont think the melody was right for them tho. I do believe both of you guys missed out a chance to sample a great bassline around 4:30 on in the song. The low piano and bassline are absolutely great.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Slovinec » Sep 2nd, '13, 03:24

This was nice, i liked the sample its groovy and laid back. Just like Tash said there was that nice baseline.

Bum- The way you chopped it up gets really repetitive and annoying, other then the way you did that the... the drums where good.

RFTA- Your song was structured very well. Progression is onpoint, something that im trying to get better at.

Winner - RFTA

Felt like even with our without good drums, the structure was there and it was not repetitive. Bum had the better drums, but they were not for this sample.
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Postby BumShiv » Sep 2nd, '13, 03:49

thanks for the feedback guys
BumShiv
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio