The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Tash] killumanti [hip hop]

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Tash] killumanti [hip hop]

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 01:15

and another one, this one is a little more dark. I'd like to hear what you guys think
https://soundcloud.com/tam18/killuminati

feedback
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=162315
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: [Tash] killumanti [hip hop]

Postby Slovinec » Sep 2nd, '13, 03:17

I loved the melody, and the synth in the back catching the snares. I think the snare should of been little stronger/harder. But ill give it a another listen when i get home on some headphones
Slovinec
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 19:17

I agree with Slov, the drums felt like they needed to be more harder hitting. Actually, the levels on the whole thing just seem off. I know it's a dark song, but it seems too low to be ANY type of mood, ya know?

I did however love the structure and synths/melodies you had.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 19:59

Slovinec wrote:I loved the melody, and the synth in the back catching the snares. I think the snare should of been little stronger/harder. But ill give it a another listen when i get home on some headphones

thanks slovinec!

Eedee wrote:I agree with Slov, the drums felt like they needed to be more harder hitting. Actually, the levels on the whole thing just seem off. I know it's a dark song, but it seems too low to be ANY type of mood, ya know?

I did however love the structure and synths/melodies you had.

thanks Eedee
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:03

No problem. I'm not hating either. The levels just felt off, man.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:15

Eedee wrote:No problem. I'm not hating either. The levels just felt off, man.

Thanks I don't think youre hating, but that's very vague. What levels are off? Volume? for which sounds? I know you said drums, but are the drums too low in volume, or are they not hard hitting enough? Those are two different issues solved in two different ways.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:25

Tash8 wrote:
Eedee wrote:No problem. I'm not hating either. The levels just felt off, man.

Thanks I don't think youre hating, but that's very vague. What levels are off? Volume? for which sounds? I know you said drums, but are the drums too low in volume, or are they not hard hitting enough? Those are two different issues solved in two different ways.

My bad, I meant the volume levels. Like, one aspect is the drums. That snare, I feel, should be a little more hard hitting. The kick is a bit distant as well. Sounds like there's some reverb on them and it's kind of making the actual kick of it toned down a bit.

The piano that comes in at the verse sounds like... it's not as powerful as it should be for a dark type of beat like this. I'm not sure if the volume should be louder, or if a more powerful piano should be used? Maybe a bit of EQ on the mids/highs could bring out the piano more? I'm not sure what to do with them, I just feel like they're too soft-sounding.

The synths sound fine to me, though. It's just the accompanying drum/piano parts that make not sound as full as it can volume-wise.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Tash8 » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:34

I feel it, that's a great response man!
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Eedee » Sep 2nd, '13, 20:36

Word, I'm not as advanced a producer/mixer as you, so take my advice with a grain of salt haha.
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby Tash8 » Sep 21st, '13, 09:59

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:I really liked the melody bro, sounds pretty dark, and that synth that comes in afterwards is a nice addition. The drums were Ok, but you should change the snare because I don't really think it fits.

Thanks man, i was wondering tho which snare which snare were you referring to? the one with piano or the one with the choirish sound at the beginning/.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Tash8 » Sep 21st, '13, 19:45

RiseFromTheAshez wrote:The one during the piano sounds pretty weak, and I don't feel like it fits the melody. Maybe you could try adding something more hard hitting.

Would you mind leaving me some feedback bro?
viewtopic.php?f=69&t=164126

I feel it. And yeah of course I'll check it out

P.s> that born to die collab we have. i have it pretty much done, i'ma send it to you soon, but i need to mix my vocals a lil more before i do.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Return to The Studio