The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

[Tash] Hey California (Hip Hop)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

[Tash] Hey California (Hip Hop)

Postby Tash8 » Jan 9th, '14, 08:54

I decided to sample one of my favorite songs of all time, let me know what you think

https://soundcloud.com/tam18/california-prod-by-tam18

L.o.F
Last edited by Tash8 on Jan 13th, '14, 07:03, edited 2 times in total.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: [Tash] Hey California (Hip Hop)

Postby Tash8 » Jan 9th, '14, 21:45

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:Really digging that bassline. I feel like the California sample should only be used like every 4 bars or something, not throughout the entire beat cuz it kinda gets annoying after a while. I also feel like you need to work more on those drums. I liked the sound of the snare but the kick sounds a bit weak, try layering several kicks. The hi hat also sounds a bit loud. Dope beat bro. Keep it up.

Thx bud. I appreciate the indepth feedback.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Re: [Tash] Hey California (Hip Hop)

Postby Tash8 » Jan 13th, '14, 07:02

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:Really digging that bassline. I feel like the California sample should only be used like every 4 bars or something, not throughout the entire beat cuz it kinda gets annoying after a while. I also feel like you need to work more on those drums. I liked the sound of the snare but the kick sounds a bit weak, try layering several kicks. The hi hat also sounds a bit loud. Dope beat bro. Keep it up.

I've uploaded an update if you'd like to check it out.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Return to The Studio