The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

TranSlucEnt Presents..New Beats

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

TranSlucEnt Presents..New Beats

Postby TranSlucEnt » Oct 9th, '14, 07:10

So I just started producing again after a LONG ass time (at least 2 years). I decided to dive right into sampling. I uploaded 4 new beats I've been working at the past 3-4 days. These aren't complete, as they still need (further) mixing, mastering, and some more elements added to them. But I'd thought I'd post it here to see what you guys think :8)

https://soundcloud.com/translucent_music/sets/beats

The newest beat is Oxygen (just finished that about 10 minutes ago)
Oldest is Sunshine (First sample-based beat I've ever made
I know these aren't perfect, as I'm completely new to sampling and Logic, but I'm proud of what they are (so far)

Feel free to ask me what I sampled.

I get by on the basics: Logic of course, AKG headphones, and an Akai LPK25

I Appreciate anything you guys have to say about it :)
If you have a Soundcloud feel free to follow me :y: I plan to upload a helluva lot more beats (I try to produce at least one a day), and later this year or in January, I plan to start recording and eventually putting out some sort of project (been rapping since 07, but have been on a hiatus of sorts since 2010).
Anyway, Thanks all! :happy:
:b:
"Soon as my flow starts, I compose art like the ghost of Mozart"

"All that fire in your eyes shows pain, but the flame ain't blue enough"

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Re: TranSlucEnt Presents..New Beats

Postby TranSlucEnt » Oct 9th, '14, 08:13

True Wiz wrote:Maybe get som better drum samples. These sound a little too programmed.

Still, the foundation is layed.

I have about 1,100 in a playlist but I just throw them in a step sequencer, for now.
But thanks bruh

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TranSlucEnt » Oct 9th, '14, 19:50

DancinOnYaGrave wrote:I actually really liked the drums. You need better kicks, though. Try layering several samples to get a heavier and hard hitting sound.

I didn't like the fact that 2 of the beats didn't really have a melody. You need a melody if you wanna make memorable beats. These just sounded like something you would freestyle to.

The other 2 sounded alright, but I didn't really like the way you chopped the samples.

Try listening to some of Premo's beats, he's pretty much the GOAT at chopping samples. Other producers you can check out are Marco Polo and Apollo Brown.

It's not bad considering it's your first time. It's certainly better than the shit I was making when I first started, lol. And remember to always add basslines to your beats. I don't know why producers don't use basslines, but it'll make your beats sound a lot better.

Check my beat out, bro. Feedback would be appreciated: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=174289

Yeah I usually do bass lines last. These beats aren't finished so I'm still going to add more. They do have bass in them though they're just sub bass stabs so I have something to work with, then later I add bass lines. brain and oxygen have a baseline but there Incorporated into the sample. I threw a filter on the samples so it's probably not very audible. But thanks for your input dude I will definitely take that into consideration. :y:

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TranSlucEnt » Oct 9th, '14, 19:54

True Wiz wrote:
TranSlucEnt wrote:
True Wiz wrote:Maybe get som better drum samples. These sound a little too programmed.

Still, the foundation is layed.

I have about 1,100 in a playlist but I just throw them in a step sequencer, for now.
But thanks bruh

Try Ableton. it takes a while to get used to, but it's the best for overall creation.

I've tried it in the past and I didn't really care for the UI or workflow at all but maybe I'll give it another shot. I do like reason though

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby TheGentlePlayer » Nov 3rd, '14, 02:14

Wow this is pretty good!
I wanted an album so rugged nobody could touch it.
Spent a million a track and went over my budget.
Now how in the fuck am I supposed to get out of debt?
I can't rap anymore, I just murdered the alphabet.
TheGentlePlayer
Band Leader
Band Leader

Postby TranSlucEnt » Nov 3rd, '14, 02:25

TheGentlePlayer wrote:Wow this is pretty good!

Thanks man. I'll have new ones up soon.

ImageImage
TranSlucEnt
Soldier
Soldier

Postby KingKailez » Dec 2nd, '14, 23:29

Pretty good just keep working on em bro. I'm working on learning to sample better myself. The only way to progress is to stay consistence with the craft.
KingKailez
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Return to The Studio