The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Basic Beat - 9 second long Sample -

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Re: Basic Beat - 9 second long Sample -

Postby Tash8 » Jun 19th, '07, 18:50

yo yea, if you have a keyboard, just go around play with it, while i'm on the computer i always turn around to my ekyboard and play with it.. it really helps you get what everything sounds like
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 19th, '07, 19:17

Syanied wrote:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:@ syanied, thats what i do lol, then i hi hat on ever other, then i switch it up a bit and maybe put

HH = high hat

HH HH miss HH miss HH HH Mis HH HH HH ect

i just mess around like that, obviously adding claps or kicks ect.

melodies confuse me a bit though lol :sweating:

Don't worry bruh, you'll get it down in time. It's better if you have a keyboard to just dink around with, even if it's not connected to the computer. Cuz then you can find melodies a hell of a lot faster. :D
I'm pretty much still a beginner with this but I 've had about 6 months practice. So if ya ever need any help and Mart and DC arent around feel free to PM me. :smoking:

thanx man

well for a keyboard i aint got money or nothing nor am i searious enough to save up, i will be once i start my course but not now lol

but as for playing the keyboard and melodies on them i know the basics of chords and shit since i learnt it in school, my problem is fitting it into a durm pattern i can never get it to sound right or flow with the drums :sweating:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Jun 19th, '07, 19:19

match the melodies with the snare, especially the strings

match it wtih teh snare
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Ethos » Jun 19th, '07, 20:09

Okay I'll break it down as best as I can. And mods feel free to post this in the tutorial section if you find it useful.

In most rap/hip hop beats we use the 4/4 time scale. Well what this means is we usually start each note of a melody on each 1/4 beat. (The red lines)
But we also use what's called an 8th note. which is just 1/2 of one beat or 1/2 of a 1/4 note. (Yay I feel all smart :p ) So we can also start each new note on the 1/8 notes (Marked in blue and red cuz the red is the original 1/4 and blue is the 1/2 of that 1/4. Just in case people who read this are slow. lol)

an example of where 1/4 notes would start is like this

and an example of where 1/8 notes would start is like this (note I left the 8th note off cuz thats how the beat is)

Yay I really do feel all smart right now lol. Anyways that should help you set up your melodies so then you can get a hang of them. cuz sooner or later your gonna wanna do something original. ;) Can't say that I don't try. If you still need some explaining ask me cuz I know Im bad at explaining things to people.lol. :smoking:
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 19th, '07, 20:30

ahh props man :worship: :worship:

imma try it out lol :D

thanx again :worship:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Ethos » Jun 19th, '07, 20:32

,-,'-{Bar}-',-, wrote:ahh props man :worship: :worship:

imma try it out lol :D

thanx again :worship:

anytime man ;)
It's always nice to help somebody out. lol.
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby DC4952 » Jun 23rd, '07, 03:10

ya i was was the one that taught u everything.....

anyways nice beat, the guitars sound good. yea so keep practicin man :y:
DC4952
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to The Studio