The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Bar & Tash beat Collab

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Re: Bar & Tash beat Collab

Postby Hadez » Jun 20th, '07, 02:22

wuts the difference between wav and soundfonts? :unsure:
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby IceAxe » Jun 20th, '07, 02:27

soundfont files can have a shit load of sounds in one file, and have to be used with their own player

.wavs are just one sound, like all the sounds that came with FL are .wav files

that's the best way i can explain
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Jun 20th, '07, 02:28

i just used a soundfont on FL... i like it better than the wavs :happy:
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 20th, '07, 02:31

so do soundfonts have betetr quality or are the just eisier to manage or what ? :sweating:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby IceAxe » Jun 20th, '07, 02:33

I dont think they have better quality to them... soundfont is really just a brand name of the file format or somethin like that

but i do find them easier to use sometimes
IceAxe
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Jun 20th, '07, 02:54

the bad thing about them, is you have to click on notes to see what it sounds like opposed to wavs where you can just click sound file on the browser wtihout doing anything else
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Ethos » Jun 20th, '07, 03:26

well there's not much to say here. :p
I always get here when everyone already says everything........ hm..........
The drum pattern is okay. But that melody, It seems a little choppy to me. it all doesn't flow that well. that's just how I hear it. and you need a better violin if you wanna keep it. cuz that one is :tounge2:
But I give ya propz for the attempt guys. Especially since it was made in 30 minutes. lol
Keep it up :y:
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Hadez » Jun 20th, '07, 03:33

Tash8 wrote:the bad thing about them, is you have to click on notes to see what it sounds like opposed to wavs where you can just click sound file on the browser wtihout doing anything else

yes i suppose that could be annoying. but the plus side is if you notice, if you have a 3 second long string sound thats .wav, no matter how long u make the note on the piano note its gonna be 3 seconds long unless u play with it and edit it (at least that's my experience with it). but with sound fonts (again, with my experience with them), u can make the notes hold for as short or long as u want, almost as tho u got the instrument themselves, or like ur playin with it on ur keyboard.

*waits for mart to come and be technical* :happy:
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby mart85 » Jun 20th, '07, 04:02

Hadez wrote:
Tash8 wrote:the bad thing about them, is you have to click on notes to see what it sounds like opposed to wavs where you can just click sound file on the browser wtihout doing anything else

yes i suppose that could be annoying. but the plus side is if you notice, if you have a 3 second long string sound thats .wav, no matter how long u make the note on the piano note its gonna be 3 seconds long unless u play with it and edit it (at least that's my experience with it). but with sound fonts (again, with my experience with them), u can make the notes hold for as short or long as u want, almost as tho u got the instrument themselves, or like ur playin with it on ur keyboard.

well I didn't wanna say anything, but seems like I have no choice :tounge2: lol j/k :p

yeah, what you said is exactly right... that's why I almost never use wav for melodies, cause you're limited with them... unless there's a way to use them like soundfonts, but I don'T know :sweating: and notice that with a .wav, when you play a higher note, the note will be higher and also faster, and if you play lower note they will also be slower, so it's hard to use :sweating:

and .wav files are not always C notes, so if the wav is a F (for example) the notes on the keyboard are all messed up, you press C, but it plays a F, so it can cause problem when you add other instruments, it might sound off key :sweating:
mart85
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Hadez » Jun 20th, '07, 04:05

^^^ wow i didnt know all that extra stuff, propz :flower:
Hadez
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 20th, '07, 04:13

mart85 wrote:
Hadez wrote:

well I didn't wanna say anything, but seems like I have no choice :tounge2: lol j/k :p

yeah, what you said is exactly right... that's why I almost never use wav for melodies, cause you're limited with them... unless there's a way to use them like soundfonts, but I don'T know :sweating: and notice that with a .wav, when you play a higher note, the note will be higher and also faster, and if you play lower note they will also be slower, so it's hard to use :sweating:

and .wav files are not always C notes, so if the wav is a F (for example) the notes on the keyboard are all messed up, you press C, but it plays a F, so it can cause problem when you add other instruments, it might sound off key :sweating:

*puts down the .wavs*

*runs away from fruity loops*
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Tash8 » Jun 20th, '07, 04:18

oh didn't know that and all along i've been using wavs, need to find some soundfont places, any ideas peoples?
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby DC4952 » Jun 23rd, '07, 03:38

yea it was nice, but the melody didnt flow with the drums IMO, u should play the metronome and play a melody to get it all to flow with the drums :flower:
DC4952
Soldier
Soldier

Previous

Return to The Studio