The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

New Beat, First Time Practicing Sample Use

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

New Beat, First Time Practicing Sample Use

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 23rd, '07, 23:39

Background noise/tune that you'll hear is a sample looped, but the drum pattern added sythn ect. is all my doin

the organ at the end was just somehitng to make it fade out nicer, since i aint making actual full beats im just making verses n shit to practice i didnt put time into a intro or outro :sweating:

http://www.zshare.net/audio/240190598102f6/
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Re: New Beat, First Time Practicing Sample Use

Postby Tash8 » Jun 23rd, '07, 23:46

it's real real empty... add like strings/base/guitar or something to it to make it more full, cause you dont really have a melody.
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 23rd, '07, 23:47

Tash8 wrote:it's real real empty... add like strings/base/guitar or something to it to make it more full, cause you dont really have a melody.

the melody is

du du du du u duu dudud ud ud u

or

shh shh bum

sghh shhs

lmao j/p

imma try add a bass now

thanx for checking :worship:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby mart85 » Jun 24th, '07, 02:15

yeah, but the reason why it sounds empty is because the samples/instruments are too low :sweating: make them a little louder and it should sound less empty :happy: but of course, you can add bass and other stuff too :y:

but overall it sounded nice, the drums were good :happy:
mart85
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ,-,'-{Bar}-',-, » Jun 24th, '07, 02:22

^ thx man, well i added bass and a..hmm fill in alternate bass, once bass go's with the snare the other comes in on every other beat sorta thigny lol, useless to epxlain ill wait till i post, imma work on it more tomorrow and ill post it :happy:

and about the sound thing (coz its been said 3 times now and ive tried but failed at fixing it) i make the beats on my headphones, so my ears arent to great at judging, and my speakers suck anywae, so i just go by the volume level on the mixer in FL, you got any tips on were everythign should be round about ? :sweating:

i go in the mixer and play the beat turn everything down, then i move up the snare to were i want it, i do this with all instruments, then i go back over to bring it up on the mixer so everything is louder

but it still dont work :sweating:
,-,'-{Bar}-',-,
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby mart85 » Jun 24th, '07, 02:44

well first, mixing on headphones can work but it's usually better to listen through speakers too, cause... I don't know, there are things harder to judge with headphones I guess lol :sweating:

but about the level of the mixers, it's hard to tell, everything depends on what you have in the beat... try to compare to other beats maybe, some that sound similar to the beat you're making, to use as a reference :happy: and with times you'll get better

but in this beat, just boosting the sample a little will work, the drums sounded good already
mart85
Renegade
Renegade

Postby DC4952 » Jun 24th, '07, 05:02

well it wasnt bad. more stuff in it can help alot, but hey its better than wat i can do cuz ive never sampled before lol
DC4952
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio