The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Crank That (My Version)

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Crank That (My Version)

Postby Ethos » Oct 22nd, '07, 01:56

Yeah I got bored one day so I was playing on my piano and found out how to play the main melody to Crank That by Soulja Boy. so I decided to add my touch to it. I swear everyone that has listened to this beat so far has said it's killed the original beat. so tell me what ya'll think about it. :D
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Westside all day 'n night!!!
Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Crank That (My Version)

Postby Tash8 » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:34

no sorry, the original is way better, it's not a good beat overall for a rap song, but it's a REAL CATCHY beat for club, while you tried to kinda make it more into a complicated Rap song, which doesn't really work on this melody... not feelin it sorry man..
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby mart85 » Oct 22nd, '07, 03:48

sorry but I already hate the original beat with a passion, so I'm not feeling yours either lol... your drums are good and you had the melody right tho, so good job

by the way, on a different note, in my opinion an original version of a song or a beat or whatever will always be better than any remix/remake no matter what, cause without the original, there's no remix/remake... a remix/remake can bring a new twist/vision/vibe and can be real interesting etc... but I often see people saying "that remix is way better than the original" or things like that, and it always irritates me a bit lol, so I had to say it here, now I feel better :p
mart85
Renegade
Renegade

Postby soperman005 » Oct 22nd, '07, 04:12

dude you from smack town too??? im from elk grove its just south of it. but i go to sac state
soperman005
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Ethos » Oct 27th, '07, 07:42

Tash8 wrote:no sorry, the original is way better, it's not a good beat overall for a rap song, but it's a REAL CATCHY beat for club, while you tried to kinda make it more into a complicated Rap song, which doesn't really work on this melody... not feelin it sorry man..

well yeah I get what your saying. then again your more used to the original beat so of course your more accustomed to the Catchy part. I wasn't trying to make it catchy. I was just trying to make it more hard hitting then it first came out as.
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Tash8 » Oct 27th, '07, 16:45

Syanied wrote:
Tash8 wrote:no sorry, the original is way better, it's not a good beat overall for a rap song, but it's a REAL CATCHY beat for club, while you tried to kinda make it more into a complicated Rap song, which doesn't really work on this melody... not feelin it sorry man..

well yeah I get what your saying. then again your more used to the original beat so of course your more accustomed to the Catchy part. I wasn't trying to make it catchy. I was just trying to make it more hard hitting then it first came out as.

yea, exactly which is why i was saying it will never work, because it wasn't meant for that type of beat...
Tash8
Addict
Addict

Postby Ethos » Oct 29th, '07, 03:10

Tash8 wrote:
Syanied wrote:

yea, exactly which is why i was saying it will never work, because it wasn't meant for that type of beat...

well you can't say the beat wasn't ever really made to be a real rap beat. I've heard shittier beats than this rapped over by a good artist. it just depends on who you put up for the job. ;)
R.I.P. Nate D-O-Double G

Ethos
Soldier
Soldier

Return to The Studio