The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Dark Hip Hop Instrumental

A place for producers, engineers and DJ's to share their creations, mixes, tips, and tutorials.

Dark Hip Hop Instrumental

Postby ChristinaE12 » Jul 30th, '10, 18:40

Just askin for some of your opinions. This beat/instrumental I'm fuckin around with now is in the early stages of production. And it's not so much about the beat itself but I just wanna know what would you add to this to get the type of sound I'm going for. Which happens to be a deep/dark hip hop kinda instrumental. Basically, like what to you would make it one. Obviously to me deep synths and strings, heavy bass.. But what else?

http://limelinx.com/files/1f86f2397c694 ... 5b60ed5d66

Thanks all.
"If Life's a bitch and revenge is sweet... I'm the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet."

ChristinaE12
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Dark Hip Hop Instrumental

Postby Terry_M » Jul 30th, '10, 19:05

Right now it sounds pretty dope, I'm feeling it. Maybe to get it more dark add some chimes, maybe a low creepy sounding choir, those types of things. This is definitely on it's way to being a good beat.
Terry_M
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Return to The Studio