The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Why can't I write like I used to?

Why can't I write like I used to?

Postby RainMan44 » Oct 17th, '11, 06:16

I hope it's okay to post questions here, if not sorry.

Anyway, how come I can't write like I used to a year ago?

All the songs I post on this website, are not my best work. I've saved ALL that for an album.

The stuff I put here is my quick writtens, but I can't even do that now?

Why? A year ago my song writing was so much better.
"This dude doing this interview wants me to spin a few,
Lyrics while I tie my tennis shoes in the nude
A romantic interlude in a livin’ room,
In an inner tube with a dude with a bit of lube
Fuck that I’m sniffin’ glue, sippin' gin & juice,
And a little bit of paint thinner with my dinner too,
You better pay me for my bars like your rent is due,
Now hurry up and finish dude before I finish you."

GOAT
RainMan44
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Why can't I write like I used to?

Postby RainMan44 » Oct 17th, '11, 07:24

Menzo wrote:Has your style evolved since though? If not, maybe you need to try new things. Different flows, ideas, concepts.

If anything, it's gotten more restricted. I feel caged in. I can't think of anything or express myself in new ways or even ways I used to before.
"This dude doing this interview wants me to spin a few,
Lyrics while I tie my tennis shoes in the nude
A romantic interlude in a livin’ room,
In an inner tube with a dude with a bit of lube
Fuck that I’m sniffin’ glue, sippin' gin & juice,
And a little bit of paint thinner with my dinner too,
You better pay me for my bars like your rent is due,
Now hurry up and finish dude before I finish you."

GOAT
RainMan44
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Sam. » Oct 17th, '11, 13:16

There is C.W Lounge for this type of topics bruh ,but anyway.

This is the 1st signs of what is know as writers block ,I guess.It's not your fault ,your human and born with a limit of Imagination that can be changed only with the experiences that you gain over the passage of time.

Why do even go back to the old self ? Artist improve with the time and make new developments in their skills,just move on man fuck the Past.

There are many ways of improving the way you express yourself ,there is no set guidelines for that.Look at me I stopped writing for 3 years straight and when I started over ,I started from scratch.I didn't bother to look at the style with which I was writing. I too felt caged in and was not able to express what I wanted to in a proper way.1st there was this limited vocab problem that bugged me out then it was use of proper Rhyming schemes.

I dropped a piece with that state of mind ,people said it was good but lacked that feel.So what I did is I Read and Practiced Poetry for awhile.That helped me a lot .I could fit my thoughts in a proper verse with well well structured Bars.I managed to use the apt amount of Syllables in a line without making it long.Doing this on a regular basis I managed to use Multis in my verses along the way.

But that's not it I also started to listen to lot of Rappers like Sadistik , Spoonfull & Rhyme Asylum,listening to them my horizons of thinking got a new dimension and I started to see things differently.I could write about certain things in many ways that I never though would have been possible.

So try and do some of the things that I did ,maybe you'll reinvent yourself and become a much better writer than what you are now.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby notherwise1234 » Oct 21st, '11, 16:00

Its writers block but my remedy helped I got writers block.. and I wrote a song about writers block... and then I Wrote about 40 songs after that.. and what i do is i pre-write bars

like in one sheet of paper ill make a list of certain words that rhyme and when i feel like writting i will like

fight lie
might cry
sight why

ect then ill write and one more thing, keep a list of subject matters.

1.Album Explanation Skit
2.Weed
3.Love
4.Onslaught
5.Child Hood
6.Depression
7.Conspiracy
8.Bitches
9.Strength To Adversity.
10.View On Other MCS.
11.Murder
12.{Diss Track}
13.Tribue To Deceased
14.Wordplay
15.Gang
16.Hood Violence
17.Challenge
18. Rap Tutorial
19.WTF
20.Outro
23.Admitting
24.Thanks To Haters
25.Dedication To Family
26. Raw Flow
27.Life
28.Say Whatever.
29.Protest Song
30. Anarchy
31. Racism
32. Voting
33. Cypherin
34. Multis
-Dont Feed The Trolls-
notherwise1234
Closet Cleaner
Closet Cleaner

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Oct 21st, '11, 16:15

GameTheory wrote:You can read a book tbh, that definitely helped me a lot

And I don't mean browse and read an online book infront of the screen of your PC, shut that shit down and pick a real book, a novel, something that you're actually interested in. Being the big geek I am when I had to buy a book I bought The Social Network, you gotta find something that you're interested in. :y:

This. What helps me is to just think about words to the point you drive yourself crazy, all the time. Everything could be a topic, from your clock, to your socks to Reeboks and Moccasins. :y:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Man1x » Oct 22nd, '11, 03:32

Really, I'll admit I've never read poetry and I don't read as much as I used to but I'm sure they help. What I do is I think of things that rhyme and form ideas around a line and create something from it. Listening to rap, or just music in general gives you ideas.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Sam. » Oct 22nd, '11, 18:58

Man1x wrote:Really, I'll admit I've never read poetry and I don't read as much as I used to but I'm sure they help. What I do is I think of things that rhyme and form ideas around a line and create something from it. Listening to rap, or just music in general gives you ideas.

Poetry is the shit for me. :flutter: I did that a lot after my 1st Drop in this Section.
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Ka0t1c » Oct 22nd, '11, 19:34

keep at it, sometimes inspiration can spark at any moment so be prepared to record or write the ideas as they come, and quit doing drugs :tounge2:
oh yeah... and thanks for nothing too
Ka0t1c
Role Model
Role Model

Postby Man1x » Oct 22nd, '11, 21:12

Sam. wrote:
Man1x wrote:Really, I'll admit I've never read poetry and I don't read as much as I used to but I'm sure they help. What I do is I think of things that rhyme and form ideas around a line and create something from it. Listening to rap, or just music in general gives you ideas.

Poetry is the shit for me. :flutter: I did that a lot after my 1st Drop in this Section.

I'd do it if I had time, don't get me wrong. It's just school gives so much homework
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Oct 25th, '11, 06:08

Sam. wrote:

Poetry can really get your brain cogs working when you find something good, especially when it's on a grand-scale topic poverty in Africa or something.
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Return to C.W. Lounge