The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

How do you freestyle?

Re: How do you freestyle?

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 20th, '11, 20:01

Sam. wrote:Dude! You have so much knowledge then why not write?

Thanks man, and I do write/rap - but in my language :D. Matter of fact, I believe I can make the local top 5 of best freestylers, if not top 3 as far as the actual freestyle lyrics go. I only need to work on my flow more so that I'm more well rounded.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Nov 20th, '11, 20:05

Your command over the English Language is good, try....
[Rollefsen] - SajN retired, bitch got old, unlike Sams "ladies".
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 20th, '11, 20:13

Sam. wrote:Your command over the English Language is good, try....

Thanks again. I study English language and literature in college so it comes natural to me, but speaking and rapping is different. I can only come up with simple rhymes and don't wanna embarrass myself, lol. It is fun though, I tend to come up with some lines every now and then.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Nov 20th, '11, 20:18

English is not my 1st Language too, but it's the love towards the Art Form that pushed me to write & Rap(I haven't started recording though).
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 20th, '11, 21:04

Thanks everyone! Slim, so then I shouldn't even worry about spitting line after line right now? And Sam, I think I may do just that. Oh and iain, nice story. :y:
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 20th, '11, 21:09

Sam. wrote:English is not my 1st Language too, but it's the love towards the Art Form that pushed me to write & Rap(I haven't started recording though).

That's cool man. And I love the art as well, I just prefer to do it in a way that will make me sound the best I can.

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Nov 20th, '11, 21:11

Slim Fiasco wrote:
Sam. wrote:English is not my 1st Language too, but it's the love towards the Art Form that pushed me to write & Rap(I haven't started recording though).

That's cool man. And I love the art as well, I just prefer to do it in a way that will make me sound the best I can.

Chea. :toocool:
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 20th, '11, 21:14

JamaicanPattlez wrote:Thanks everyone! Slim, so then I shouldn't even worry about spitting line after line right now? And Sam, I think I may do just that. Oh and iain, nice story. :y:

Yeah man, just try and say meaningful stuff. And remember that things in freestyle always get a pass, no one will judge you on the lyrical complexity as long as it's off the dome. Also, you're bound to repeat words and lines in your freestyles, and stutter to a certain extent so don't sweat it. Other thing is that freestyling acapella is easier than on a beat but you need to practice both "versions". The first one will be of a better quality but the 2nd one will improve your flow and that's the way to building a good delivery.

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 21st, '11, 01:23

Slim Fiasco wrote:
JamaicanPattlez wrote:Thanks everyone! Slim, so then I shouldn't even worry about spitting line after line right now? And Sam, I think I may do just that. Oh and iain, nice story. :y:

Yeah man, just try and say meaningful stuff. And remember that things in freestyle always get a pass, no one will judge you on the lyrical complexity as long as it's off the dome. Also, you're bound to repeat words and lines in your freestyles, and stutter to a certain extent so don't sweat it. Other thing is that freestyling acapella is easier than on a beat but you need to practice both "versions". The first one will be of a better quality but the 2nd one will improve your flow and that's the way to building a good delivery.

So THAT'S how that works! Great, thanks for the advice! :D It makes sense! I always wondered how that works.
Horsebot3K wrote:
Usernamesarehard wrote:My dick is going in your mouth whether you like it or not bipolar fuck boy.

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Man1x » Nov 21st, '11, 01:28

Man, I need to start writing again....fuck
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 21st, '11, 02:14

Man1x wrote:Man, I need to start writing again....fuck

Do what I do, carry a rhyme book and then write words or lines that come to mind.
Horsebot3K wrote:

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

Postby iain08 » Nov 21st, '11, 03:30

when I'm listening to a song and a line finishes, I try to guess what words the rapper is going to rhyme with it before the next line ends.
iain08
Trailer Trash
Trailer Trash

Postby Slim Fiasco » Nov 21st, '11, 10:48

JamaicanPattlez wrote:
So THAT'S how that works! Great, thanks for the advice! :D It makes sense! I always wondered how that works.

No problem, glad I can help. :b:

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Sam. » Nov 21st, '11, 18:59

LOL, I remember now, my 1st drop in the C.W was actually a freestyle, I made up the 1st few Bars and then though of putting it on paper and *Boom* it got converted into a 32 Bar Verse.

This should be in C.W Lounge doe. :unsure:
Sam.
Bad Influence
Bad Influence

Postby JamaicanPattlez » Nov 21st, '11, 20:00

Sam. wrote:LOL, I remember now, my 1st drop in the C.W was actually a freestyle, I made up the 1st few Bars and then though of putting it on paper and *Boom* it got converted into a 32 Bar Verse.

This should be in C.W Lounge doe. :unsure:

Nice! Wait, should it? If any mods want to do that, please do! :y:
Horsebot3K wrote:

JamaicanPattlez
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to C.W. Lounge