The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Let's get this section Active again?

Let's get this section Active again?

Postby J.R. » Jan 6th, '12, 01:42

Let's face it. CW is dying. Lounge is dying.

So I have a few ideas.

-Tournament on the best pieces.

-Writing more shit. Not me in particular, as I'm working on something for my raps, but you guys, like there's 4..maybe 5 total pieces in the last 2-3 weeks? C'mon son.

-Getting more writers. Hold a contest for vet status or a special username color or something. Have "Creative writer of the month" Type of shit, yknow?
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Re: Let's get this section Active again?

Postby J.R. » Jan 6th, '12, 01:47

Menzo wrote:I agree a lot, but bare in mind exam season passed for a lot of kids and the holidays are consuming. I've been busy and can hardly find time to write cuz I got a lot of fucked up shit to figure out in life.

But I think Ax-D is gonna host a rap battle soon, so sign up for that! Should be really fun.

Sigh yes same here sadly. and for some writers a rap battle can't be ...interesting? So it probably won't draw anyone new, which is something we need. Some people don't battle. they just write.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby J.R. » Jan 6th, '12, 01:50

Menzo wrote:
J.R. wrote:
Menzo wrote:I agree a lot, but bare in mind exam season passed for a lot of kids and the holidays are consuming. I've been busy and can hardly find time to write cuz I got a lot of fucked up shit to figure out in life.

But I think Ax-D is gonna host a rap battle soon, so sign up for that! Should be really fun.

Sigh yes same here sadly. and for some writers a rap battle can't be ...interesting? So it probably won't draw anyone new, which is something we need. Some people don't battle. they just write.

Well battling will at least guarantee X amount of verses to be dropped and I'm sure after the battle verses, people's brains will still be moving and in the mood to write, y'know? I get what you're saying though.

It's a dry moment.

Word.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jan 6th, '12, 01:56

I've been loaded with work, and next week is exam week, so my focus is there. I'll be dropping more stuff in about two weeks, got to get cracking on my second track.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 02:32

I want to write again, but after such a long time has passed since I have that I just don't have the will. Same with working out, I was fucking buff but now I'm falling apart, it's really depressing. School and social contact takes some much from what I want to do. I swear I need to become a recluse if I wanted to write again... Fuck school.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 02:46

Menzo wrote:
Man1x wrote:I want to write again, but after such a long time has passed since I have that I just don't have the will. Same with working out, I was fucking buff but now I'm falling apart, it's really depressing. School and social contact takes some much from what I want to do. I swear I need to become a recluse if I wanted to write again... Fuck school.

I agree with everything but especially the last statement.

Teachers these days, they must think we have no lives and load us up on hours upon hours of homework. In my school they are worked up with being the number one school in my state so we get all our regular homework even when we have our exam weeks. They also used to give us the days we didn't have exams off but now, starting this fucking year because the school board complained, we are serving those days as well and gathering regular work of our regular days. Can't wait until summer already, I'm going to get in fucking shape. But I learned a lot of things from what I'm going through now, important lessons in my opinion - of course i learned these on my own, school didn't teach it.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 02:56

Menzo wrote:Yeah, my college jams shit into one week. I had 7 exams, three quizzes, two assignments, an essay and around 10-15 labs due.

Damn dude, you got it bad too. And as we speak I'm doing more homework. Gonna be an all night probably. All this inactivity physically though has really got to me, I'm not used to it. Like, i know this is disgusting, but I have developed an intolerance to soda since I stopped drinking it so long ago back in middle school when I decided it was bad for my health and since I've been a physical decline I've found myself eating unhealthy foods and drinking soda, which I haven't done in so long (I probably do it because of how depressed I've become and it helps cope for a short time, bu anyway) It goes right through me, like I'll be on the toilet all night if I have but I just don't have the will power to stop. Same with beer, it's getting bad.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 03:03

Menzo wrote:Interesting, when I was 14 I stopped drinking pop until I was 19 (now). It sucks to this day but I'm hooked on it again, probably gonna stop when the stock dies.

I used to work out everyday too then I stopped cuz of school and this past summer, I felt my unhealthiest.

Bro I know the feeling, it sucks. Every time I look in the mirror I see the fat building up, my muscles going away, and it causes me to be less social. Almost every week I avoid my long time friends (girls, not guys) cause I don't want them to see how far I've fallen. It sucks, I remember when my mtabilizim was soooo high, no it's low. I just hate myself for it.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 03:10

Menzo wrote:
Man1x wrote:
Menzo wrote:Interesting, when I was 14 I stopped drinking pop until I was 19 (now). It sucks to this day but I'm hooked on it again, probably gonna stop when the stock dies.

I used to work out everyday too then I stopped cuz of school and this past summer, I felt my unhealthiest.

Bro I know the feeling, it sucks. Every time I look in the mirror I see the fat building up, my muscles going away, and it causes me to be less social. Almost every week I avoid my long time friends (girls, not guys) cause I don't want them to see how far I've fallen. It sucks, I remember when my mtabilizim was soooo high, no it's low. I just hate myself for it.

Can't blame yourself for nature, homie.

Yea, but it still have a fire inside me that wants fucking break out this life style. It used to be so much stronger but I just have to rekindle it, and I will. I feel like, if I get out there I can do anything. The hardest part is getting out there. In my mind it starts with writing, I need to write again. I'm going to attempt this weekend.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 03:18

Menzo wrote:Good luck! It's been difficult to put pen to paper for myself lately, there's a lot of things in my life that are very stressful on the moment and I'm on the edge (inb4ofglory).

Bro, if you want you could tell me about it, if not I hope you get better. and whose ofglory?

Edit: Also, seeing as this is a music forum. One song that really get me motivated and feeling good, no matter what, is "One Mic - Nas: Stillmatic" You've probably heard but the build up I flow is really inspiraional.
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jan 6th, '12, 03:45

FUCK! Just had a complete verse finished on my computer, and as I went to save, it shut down. FIles lost, the whole nine. Damnit, that was a pretty damn good verse too. This is the kind of stuff that makes me frustrated. It's hard enough to free up time to write anyways, now my computer is being a bitch. :coffee:
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby J.R. » Jan 6th, '12, 03:53

This thread inspires me lol. Feed my new piece might help activity, I'm trying to write with beats. Also, man1x pm me some tips on quitting soda and other shit. Cant exercise much but any advice to lower weight will help
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

Postby SG. » Jan 6th, '12, 18:24

I'm in the block. Plus I've got GCSE repeats and mocks next week.

But I'll try to put out something, if only to exercise my brain back into full efficiency.
Menzo wrote:Lmao, you gotta love Zabe / SG...guy's so underrated.

StayWideAwake wrote:"Naturally handicapped, until proven intentionally retarded"
SG.
The Watcher
The Watcher

Postby Man1x » Jan 6th, '12, 23:36

Mr.DGAF wrote:FUCK! Just had a complete verse finished on my computer, and as I went to save, it shut down. FIles lost, the whole nine. Damnit, that was a pretty damn good verse too. This is the kind of stuff that makes me frustrated. It's hard enough to free up time to write anyways, now my computer is being a bitch. :coffee:

That's happen to me a lot, i write a lot of things on my phone and sometimes they don't save for whatever reason. I wrote a whole song last month and it was my best, imo, now it's gone with only the little memories I could gather from my mind. Life....
#TeamK.Dot
#TeamYeezy
#TeamBigM
Man1x
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby B.A.D. » Jan 8th, '12, 11:54

hey guys, Its probable that I switch this section into an obligatory 2 link feedback, cuz its shamefull what people are doing.

agree/dis-agree??
B.A.D.
Dr.Dre
Dr.Dre

Next

Return to C.W. Lounge