The TRshady Forum became read-only in December 2014. The 10 year history will live on, in this archive.
Continue the discussion with the new home for the Eminem and Hip Hop discussion: HipHopShelter.com.

Finally got a Writing corner set up!

Re: Finally got a Writing corner set up!

Postby AbramIsaac » May 12th, '12, 07:47

"Good" equipment isn't always necessary. I'm pretty sure Solace uses a $10 microphone, and his songs sound nice enough. I've used a $100 Shure SM58 and have it come out terrible because of cables, so it's all about what you do with what you got.

As far as a private area...do you have a car? When I was 16 I recorded a handful of songs in a car, just because I could get heated in there without disturbing anyone. It sounds weird, but it actually comes out decent considering the fact that you're rapping in a fucking car. You just have to use a laptop. Shit, I guess now they have multitrack recorders on iPhones, but I can't imagine the vocals come out too great.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby AbramIsaac » May 12th, '12, 07:54

Yeah, I wouldn't use an internal mic of any kind. I have a multitrack recorder, and it's mic isn't bad, but it's better suited for song "ideas". It has phantom power though, so I could always plug in my condenser mic.

BTW, if anyone's looking to buy a digital multitrack recorder, hit me up. Fostex MR8 MkII. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done, and I'll sell it for the price of an entry-level condenser microphone.
"America...just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable" — Hunter S. Thompson

"Poison the well, your enemies are thirsty!" — Modest Mouse
Jesus Christ wrote:Fuck all South Pacific island and island-continents.
AbramIsaac
Under The Influence
Under The Influence

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 12th, '12, 10:19

Good looking out with posting them lyrics pages guys. My ish looks like essays, and I sometimes underline some words in order to not get confused. Here you go, though unfortunately only dR3 could understand them, lol:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8163/dsc00241aj.jpg

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

The Right Way To Be A Hip-Hop Fan - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=168550
Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 12th, '12, 18:01

@ Menzo, how would you record in a car?? Would you buy a mic then play the beat on the stereo and spit or what??
Sorry its probably a stupid question I just dont understand lol.
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 12th, '12, 18:16

Ohh haha Okay I get it! lol I couldnt do that because my laptop wont last but like 5 minutes with out the charger! lol. I'll still have to do some research and practice writing rhymes before I record anyway lol!
"Shady said it Shady meant it, I stay demented, Ill throw a stroller at you, with a baby in it"
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 12th, '12, 19:50

InsaneTRex94 wrote:
Slim Fiasco wrote:Good looking out with posting them lyrics pages guys. My ish looks like essays, and I sometimes underline some words in order to not get confused. Here you go, though unfortunately only dR3 could understand them, lol:

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/8163/dsc00241aj.jpg

My friend writes like this, he doesn't distinguish each line, he just keeps writing. If I'm free later I might scan a few sheets.

Haha, yeah, my handwriting doesn't give me a lot of freedom.

If you're learning how to rap, check out my tutorials - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=165230

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » May 12th, '12, 20:20

Thats cool man, I used to have the essay format and I didnt even have the rhymes underlined! lol, What language is that writing in? Seems pretty cool!
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Slim Fiasco » May 13th, '12, 09:32

It's on Macedonian, and I'm glad that you think so.

Slim Fiasco
Renegade
Renegade

Postby Eedee » Jun 1st, '12, 02:55

I write on both my computer (Notepad) or a legal pad with a pencil/pen.

If my parents found out I wrote/record rap, they'd freak the fuck out, so I wait till I'm home alone, or I wait till they're asleep, go into my car with my mic/laptop and record... It's sad, I know... I should probably just tell them.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jun 1st, '12, 03:27

HAHA I Feel you guys. I told my parents that I write rap but they are so totally against rap music they wont listen to a thing that comes out of my mouth. however, I do refrain from spitting some of my shit out loud when I know they are within hearing distance lol!
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 1st, '12, 03:30

Nobody except maybe my brother knows that I write. I try to keep it secretive, it's my own personal little way to relax.
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby ShAdYTiLIDie » Jun 1st, '12, 03:39

Lol my parents, girlfriend, and one cousin knows. I got my cousin into writing, he is about 14 years old and he came to me with a track about raping his mother and sister haha
ShAdYTiLIDie
Soldier
Soldier

Postby Mr.DGAF » Jun 1st, '12, 03:53

Ew haha, that's a bit weird in that given scenario hahaha

InsaneTRex94 wrote:I'm so proud of him :worship:

:laughing:
You'd be surprised...
How many truths you can hide in flows

Quest for Six
Team Emma Stone
Buns till amazing... :')
Mr.DGAF
Renegade
Renegade

Location: In the back seat of your truck, with duct tape stretched out.

Postby Eedee » Jun 1st, '12, 03:54

I asked my mom for her credit card last year so I could buy SSLP through Encore from Amazon ( I wanted the CDs for the booklets, etc ). I didn't say what for, I just said for some CDs. She kept prying so I begrudgingly (such a great word) said "Eminem". She said, "Isn't he that rapper that calls women 'bitches'?" I looked her right in the face and said "Yeah, and your Bible and country music doesn't degrade women either." (Uhhh, 'Honkey-Tonk Badonkeydonk, anyone???) She gave me her credit card. That was that.
mdemaz wrote:dam
Eedee
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop
Eye-Raping-Fudgepop

Postby J.R. » Jun 2nd, '12, 22:55

Mr.DGAF wrote:Nobody except maybe my brother knows that I write. I try to keep it secretive, it's my own personal little way to relax.

Dad knows. I told him about it when he found it.
J.R.
Renegade
Renegade

PreviousNext

Return to C.W. Lounge